The Flash What comic is the series based on?

hamid1455

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to read the Flash comic book series that the show is based off of.

Does anyone know which comic books they are? Thanks.

It's a combination of many things, I would suggest Flash Rebirth and Flashpoint though

The new 52 trades are good for fans of the show as well. Is also reccomend the season zero series, which is adventures rah take place in between episodes.

It's a combination of 75 years of flash comics and original concepts.

I would recommend the following for any fans of the show

The Flash Rebirth
The Dastardly Death of the Rogues
The Road to Flashpoint
Flashpoint

Especially because these are very recent comics and so they will be mined for ideas more likely than not.

Mostly since it's all by Geoff Johns one of the producers of the show and the man who modernized Barry Allen's mythology. Also because both the rogues and Professor Zoom play key roles in them and get a lot of exposition as far as modern origins and power set explanations are concerned.

If you just read the first and the last story it could seem pretty disorienting and unfulfilling. However if you read all the stories in that order you find the middle chunk adds a lot more meat to the bones that put the first and last story in greater perspective contextually.

Gustin (the actor who plays Barry) said that the series is based on New 52, in one of his interviews, which also had the Tom (the guy who plays Wells)

Johns is also carrying over some ideas from his previous run on The Flash that starred Wally. Namely because that's where he originally fleshed out the Rogues.

So, essentially, read anything with "Geoff Johns" or "The New 52!" on the cover.

The only thing this show has in common with The New 52 is Barry's characterization. Otherwise it's like night and day and I wonder if Gustin really has read any of those books if he really thinks that. So far this show has a lot more in common with Geoff Johns' last run with the character from 2009 - 2011 (Flash Rebirth & The Flash vol. 3) then it does with the new 52.

The only thing this show has in common with The New 52 is Barry's characterization. Otherwise it's like night and day and I wonder if Gustin really has read any of those books if he really thinks that. So far this show has a lot more in common with Geoff Johns' last run with the character from 2009 - 2011 (Flash Rebirth & The Flash vol. 3) then it does with the new 52.

I can actually see a lot of the early new 52 Flash comics in the series, especially towards the beginning. Not just them, of course, but it certainly isn't like night and day.

Barry is also written as a younger Flash, still learning to handle and understand his powers, not so different from the show. Still, I too think that the show takes much more from the sources you have mentioned, especially because John's s a co-writer on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"