Arrow What if Sara is alive????????

A clone is the least cliche option for bringing her back available. Incredible.

Okay, my bad. Let's try this again:

Having Sara presumed dead and then revealed to be alive for a third time is cheap, cliche and trite. Whether she's "technically" dead or not this time doesn't change it from being repetitive and uninteresting as a story.

To be fair, I think the correct count is number of audience fakeouts. That would mean the correct number is neither one nor three but two. Still, pulling the same gimmick twice (only with an actual death as opposed to presumed death) is still pretty desperate. Full me once, shame on me, full me twice and all that.

Well, I was purposely being unfair, but yeah, I agree, two audience fakeouts of the same event with the same character is one too many.

I think what bothers me most is that killing Sara showed some real guts because she was a beloved character. That's just the kind of hits that a show like Walking Dead or Game of Thrones makes, and it makes those shows just plain old better. Stakes, drama, all that. I don't need any more fanservice/actorservice resurrections: Heroes seasons 2 and 3, Agents of Shield season 1 (before the Cap episodes) were quite enough.

A clone is the least cliche option for bringing her back available. Incredible.

I'd probably be a lot more tolerant of the idea (at least in theory) if season three had tried to build on the darker and sort of grounded approach to science fiction that had defined season two. As things are now...no, I don't think so. Hell, I thought Palmer flying around in that suit of his was out of place.

Flashbacks are the only way I see that can work. And I'm sure Sara's back story is a goldmine.

Well, I was purposely being unfair, but yeah, I agree, two audience fakeouts of the same event with the same character is one too many.

I think what bothers me most is that killing Sara showed some real guts because she was a beloved character. That's just the kind of hits that a show like Walking Dead or Game of Thrones makes, and it makes those shows just plain old better. Stakes, drama, all that. I don't need any more fanservice/actorservice resurrections: Heroes seasons 2 and 3, Agents of Shield season 1 (before the Cap episodes) were quite enough.

Which Heroes characters do you mean? I mean, the show really nose-dived after season 1, but resurrections weren't an issue I remember.

With AoS, the resurrection seemed OK. It fuelled Coulson's character progression and quite a lot of plot for most of season 1 and the whole map thing this season (and we got to see the repercussion of bringing someone back that way.)

Agents of SHIELD had Mike Peterson's fake death.

Season Two spoiler:
Although I like the tease of a possible death for Trip and, when he survived (so you figure he was good to go) they kill him off for real.

Agents of SHIELD had Mike Peterson's fake death.

Season Two spoiler:
Although I like the tease of a possible death for Trip and, when he survived (so you figure he was good to go) they kill him off for real.

Right, forgot about Peterson. But still, there were massive repercussions, he wasn't just fine.

So sad about Trip :(

Given that Arrow is a show built on flashbacks, I don't quite understand why so few people seem to skip over the most likely possibility: she will appear in a flashback.

How will she be a flashback when the atom wasnt around when she was alive?

I guessing a new character entirely.

She needs to stay dead. Flashbacks only.

How will she be a flashback when the atom wasnt around when she was alive?

I guessing a new character entirely.

Why would you assume the Atom would share a scene with her? Might as well ask how Maseo could appear in flashback, when Arsenal did not yet exist as a character.

I'd probably be a lot more tolerant of the idea (at least in theory) if season three had tried to build on the darker and sort of grounded approach to science fiction that had defined season two. As things are now...no, I don't think so. Hell, I thought Palmer flying around in that suit of his was out of place.

It really was. It was especially jarring because they don't have the budget to have him hover, only rocket off in a blurred/distant CGI. The show jumped from Alias to Adventures of Lois and Clark in a moment and it was weird.

Which Heroes characters do you mean? I mean, the show really nose-dived after season 1, but resurrections weren't an issue I remember.

With AoS, the resurrection seemed OK. It fuelled Coulson's character progression and quite a lot of plot for most of season 1 and the whole map thing this season (and we got to see the repercussion of bringing someone back that way.)

I think the smoking gun in Heroes was Nathan Petrelli, who had no narrative reason to be alive and his presence fueled a ton of go-nowhere storylines. Matt Parkman was the same to a lesser degree. If those characters had died as would be natural during the Season 1 Finale, the freedom and progression the show finally got around to in Season 4 would have happened in Season 2. The resurrections may not have been what fans disliked, but they were definitely a core problem with the show not being able to move forward, develop the new characters in interesting ways, and follow the successful feel of the first season as opposed to just the successful characters.

Agents of SHIELD had the same problem to a lesser degree. The resurrection that was supposed to fuel this development until the Hydra reveal and it was boring. The show was dull, not very good until The Winter Soldier episodes. Even the polarizing cast is a function of bringing Coulson back. A show based around, for instance, comics-inspired SHIELD Agents would have had a very different appeal in the cast, but they would steal spotlight from a character who is designed to have comics characters steal the spotlight from him. Coulson required other Coulsons: quirky original SHIELD Agents, and that annoyed even the most ardent fans of the show. Resurrecting Coulson and trying to make what is fundamentally not interesting into an interesting storyline because people like the character is a huge part of why Agents of SHIELD was so mediocre and forgettable until that storyline was treated as the unimportant thing that it is. The show continues to improve as it stops trying to pretend that a spiritual successor to Firefly has the same appeal as "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to Thor's Hammer."

For Arrow to go this same road, of engaging in an uninteresting storyline just to bring back a beloved character would be a mistake. There's not going to be a 'Winter Soldier' storyline to save the show from mediocrity. Whatever they do to offset such a doomed enterprise will be, like Heroes Season 4, too little too late.

Last edited:
Given that Arrow is a show built on flashbacks, I don't quite understand why so few people seem to skip over the most likely possibility: she will appear in a flashback.

Except if it is a present day show that would make absolutely no sense.

they still use the flash back of her if there's a vocal enough crowd fan base wise that bugs them "that they want character to stay dead." & I'm sure they don't want to hear from those people too .

So they will go that way with only just sara every one else will be preset time since since CBM among others stated their article that Robbie Amell Ronnie will be involved too now in their up dated articles .

I refuse to believe it's going to feature "LOA Sara" episodes. That's the stupidest thing they could do. While we have heroes running around in "present day", we'll still hearken back to the Good Old Days of Sara learning to be an assassin, killing random targets and then coming home to frolic with Nyssa in the Nanda Parbetian hills every few episodes?

Sounds like a fanboy pipedream.:hehe:

Last edited:
@Dr Cosmic: I hadn't realised how much of Heroes I repressed. You're absolutely right with those (Depowering Peter repeatedly was lame, too.)

I actually kinda enjoyed SHIELD even before the Winter Soldier stuff, but it did improve by leaps and bounds.

As for the Flarrow/AtomStorm thing, like I've mentioned somewhere (maybe the spinoff thread), there is a compelling story to go with a Sara resurrection, I'm just not sure I trust Berlanti and Co. to pull it off. (Hell, they rip Batman off so much, I'd be OK with a Sara Red Hood story. Someone needs to try and murder Ollie for not offing Malcolm when he (repeatedly) had the chance.

Actually, the original Red Hood plot could work pretty damn well as a Season 4 plot with Malcolm in for Joker, Dig in for Nightwing, Brick for Black Mask, and obviously Oliver for Batman. I mean, since we're stealing from Batman anyway...

I would agree that the best way to do this would be in flashbacks, but flashbacks that are tied to a current character. We're missing 3 years from Sara's life and while she was with the league there could be another superhero who was with her. And therefore the purpose of the flash backs. Although i would just prefer to let Sara rest in peace with an occasional flashback.

I would agree that the best way to do this would be in flashbacks, but flashbacks that are tied to a current character. We're missing 3 years from Sara's life and while she was with the league there could be another superhero who was with her. And therefore the purpose of the flash backs. Although i would just prefer to let Sara rest in peace with an occasional flashback.
Well the others do't agree. Or not completely anyway. so it seems there will be conflict for makers no matter what . We'll see what the writers go with though. it's about execution after all so they better have a fleshed out better script then what they've have for this season.

Last edited:
Except if it is a present day show that would make absolutely no sense.

Arrow is a present day show, as well. It has flashbacks all the time. We also don't even know that this spinoff will be all present day, anyway. . . and have reason to believe it won't all be one focus, seeing as the characters mentioned include an outright villain.

I saw Heroes brought up and I feel like tossing my two cents in the tip jar. With the exception of season 1 that show sucked. Sorry Tim Kring. It is what it is. Too many unanswered questions and frankly the dystopian future timeline version of the characters were helluva lot more interesting than the main timeline versions. And then you got rid of them. Not cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"