• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legends of Tomorrow Casper Crump is Vandal Savage

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
CLlWKoyW8AAXShj.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legends-tomorrow-vandal-savage-cast-813058
CW's 'Legends of Tomorrow' Casts Villain Vandal Savage

Danish actor Casper Crump will play the time traveling bad guy.

The CW has found a villain bad enough to threaten time itself.

Danish actor Casper Crump has been cast as Vandal Savage, the time traveling DC Comics supervillain, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Vandal Savage is immortal, and has spent 6,000 years moving like a virus throughout history — influencing dictators and despots — all to set himself up for world domination. His character was teased in the first Legends of Tomorrow trailer, which declared Savage "commands the most powerful army the world has ever seen."

Crump's Savage will first appear in the Arrow/Flash crossover episodes before continuing the role on the midseason spinoff of both, Legends of Tomorrow. The latter series centers on Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill), a time-traveling rogue who has seen a horrible future and assembles a ragtag team to stop Savage.

Crump is largely known for his work on TV overseas, and is set to appear in Warner Bros. 2016 Tarzan movie.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim said at Comic-Con that the first few episodes of Arrow and The Flash this season would set up how certain characters end up on the spinoff. Legends stars The Flash's Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (Mick Rory/Heat Wave) and Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein/one half of Firestorm). Also signed on are Arrow's Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/the Atom, Caity Lotz as (Sara Lance/White Canary) as well as Ciara Renee (Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl), Franz Drameh (Jay Jackson) and the recently announced Falk Hentschel as Carter Hall/Hawkman.

Savage has never been portrayed in live action before, but the character has appeared in several DC animated series. In Smallville, Dean Cain played an immortal doctor named Curtis Knox, whom the writers said originally was intended to be Vandal Savage.

Cool. I suggested Crump for Klaw last year in the Black Panther thread.

Being Danish, I wonder if he'll have and speak with an accent. Could be good for a character like Savage.

That guy could well be the real Vandal Savage!:sly:

He actually looks intimidating.

I didn't think there was a name cooler than Vandal Savage until I heard a person was named Casper Crump.

It's going to be so cool to see how he brings Vandal Savage to life in live-action. He certainly looks the part.

Maybe I missed it but I want Savage to be an overall series villain. Where he is continually giving the team the slip.

Very appropriate for the part. Can't wait to see him on screen!

His name is Casper Crump. And he's not a Harry Potter character.

Have no idea why Berlanti and Kreisberg decided to make Savage Hath-Set.

^Was wondering that myself.

Probably so they could tie the new immortal villain to the Hawks and not have to do separate origins. Which is not a problem, per se, I just hope they dial down the Hath-Set-ness a bit.

They really got the casting spot on here, he is like the comic book and cartoon Vandal Savage come to life

Have no idea why Berlanti and Kreisberg decided to make Savage Hath-Set.

Yeah I don't like how that was done. I love Savage's original caveman origin.

This actually marks the second time that Hath-Set has been transformed into another DC villain.

In JLU he became the Shadow Thief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"