The Flash The Flash Season 2 Episode 8: "Legends of Today"

Okay, if no one else is gonna say this I am: Damien Darkh was a completely different character here than he is on Arrow. Just... Huh?

God bless you all! God bless everyone!

Eh, wasn't really impressed with this one. Just want to get back to the Zoom stuff instead of setting up other shows, really.

I feel the same. This was just an unnecessary advertisement for Legends of Tomorrow, and the actress who plays Hawkgirl sucks.

Another great episode .Ciara Renée is gorgeous.The pop culture references are brilliant

This was all kinds of fun, I love the chemistry between the two teams.

Vandal Savage pronounces Shayera funny, though.

I feel the same. This was just an unnecessary advertisement for Legends of Tomorrow, and the actress who plays Hawkgirl sucks.

It definitely felt like something was off as a whole. For me its kind of the avengers coming together issue. So many events could have brought the flash and arrow together but hiding a girl from an immortal is the reason?

The actor amd actresess playing hawkguy and hawkgirl are just terrible actors to the point it kept taking me out of the scenes. The effects looked good atleast.

Overall 3/5

Okay, if no one else is gonna say this I am: Damien Darkh was a completely different character here than he is on Arrow. Just... Huh?

He seemed different to me too. More playful.

I have no problems with the girl playing Hawkgirl or the guy playing Hawkman.

I thought Dahrk was more playful....and loved it.

Having them not obsessing after Zoom in this episode was fine with me. Maybe it's my being an old guy....but I've noticed over the years.....in life, no matter how much you concentrate on a particular problem, something else will become the center of your attention for at least a little while.

Cisko says Barry's name spontaneously, and they take Kendra to S.T.A.R. Labs just like that?
This moment deserves the "I don't think so, dude."

This is the first time I think an Arrow moment is more fun than a Flash one.

Aaaand Barry shows his face to Thea.
Arrow team reveal their IDs and new location to Cisko, Barry, and Sha'era.
Seriously show, care for the secret IDs more, please.

Thank you for the preaching Ollie, it was certainly needed, the show runners need to learn it.

Nice build up to the upcoming show.

Anyone else thought both of Justice League Unlimited and the Batman watching this episode?

Here is Hawkgirl concept art:
CVKQMaMUAAEXHnU.jpg

They really should've stuck to it 100%, it looks fantastic.

I just think he was having a little bit too much fun killing people.

I see this Episode is getting a lot of mixed reactions, but I personally just loved it. It was so amazingly, bat***, comic booky, crazy. Almost felt like some live action version of a JLU Episode.

I agree that there were definitely some wonky parts, like Barry apparently sensing that Vandal is mystical, but I was having too much fun with the Episode, to keep thinking about the parts that made little sense.

i freakin LOVE HAWKGIRL!! i dont know how anybody could say she is unattractive!!( hey! that just means less competition for my affection!):woot:
but she is HOTTTTTT!!! digging her as Hawkgirl!! loved when Hawkman called dude " robin hood" as he was kicking their ass and as always i Love CISCO!( he needs a damn costume!!) that "child look at this conditioner" comment to Thea had me rolling!!:funny:
Loved it!!!

I see this Episode is getting a lot of mixed reactions, but I personally just loved it. It was so amazingly, bat***, comic booky, crazy. Almost felt like some live action version of a JLU Episode.

I agree that there were definitely some wonky parts, like Barry apparently sensing that Vandal is mystical, but I was having too much fun with the Episode, to keep thinking about the parts that made little sense.

This is exactly how I felt. I can't wait for part 2 tonight, it should be a blast.

The Flash's stunt double is clearly noticeable in the scene where Flash is swinging down the rope.

Last edited:
I expected Cisco to use his Vibe powers to "awaken" Hawkgirl's forgotten identity, never expected her to jump to death, but my idea would have looked less dramatic though.

Rewatching some scenes, and I'm just smiling like an idiot. Man, the League, the way they practically just teleport into a room. "What in... is that the only way this guy knows how to enter a room?" And then the way Ollie just gives Barry that really annoyed look. :D

Rewatching some scenes, and I'm just smiling like an idiot. Man, the League, the way they practically just teleport into a room. "What in... is that the only way this guy knows how to enter a room?" And then the way Ollie just gives Barry that really annoyed look. :D

And fade into shadows and then they appear and disappear again. :oldrazz:

Edit: At this point, "League of Ghosts" would be apt name for them. :o

Not really. I mean he was a little more animated but not a completely different character.

At this point, "League of Ghosts" would be apt name for them. :o

More like "League of Exposition". The two times they showed up, it was basically so they could tell Team Flash and Arrow about Savage and then the Staff of Horus.

There pretty much the Batman Enterance and Exit of the show LOL

I really enjoyed this episode, looking forward to tonight's episode as well. It did seem like a set up for Legends of Tomorrow, bc it is, but I was cool with it. I didn't like the way they portrayed Patty in this episode and I thought the Olicity crap during the fight scene with Dahrk was bad. Hawkgirl :hmr: and I thought Barry's line in the preview for tonight's episode was hilarious. Oliver seeing his son was pretty cool also.

It was hilarious watching Cisco's reaction to Malcolm Merlyn, "Great, more surprises, who the hell is this ?"

I thought it was a great episode too and much better than last years crossover , but I guess you can't please everybody.

Ya the mystical thing was weak. Just should have had him say that taking her to Star City is a logical thing to do to keep her safe while they try to figure out who the guy is and that he thought Team Arrow could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"