The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 7 "Gorilla Warfare"

Best part of the episode by far was the reversed roles of Barry and Wells.

Did anyone else think it was hilarious how Caitlin professed to care about Grodd but only asked where Wells was sending him after they sent him through the breach?

Just wondering, if Team Flash were wearing devices that prevented Grodd from controlling/entering into their minds, then how did they all hear Grodd speak since he's been using Telepathy only to communicate?

Maybe there's a difference between transmitting speech versus controlling their mind? Who knows, it's sci-fi, lol.

Hawkgirl.
Flash ring.
Gorilla.****ing.city.

This show.
I honestly couldn't love it more.

Am I the only one that finds the girl playing Hawkgirl ugly?

Oh, come on!
I will admit, she does have some rather prominent teeth, but it's huge exaggeration to call her ugly.

Oh, come on!
I will admit, she does have some rather prominent teeth, but it's huge exaggeration to call her ugly.
That's what I'm like. There are some fanboy faves that have worse teeth. They know who they are. :o

Oh, come on!

Seriously. I know people have different tastes and all that, but she's definitely not ugly.

Am I the only one that finds the girl playing Hawkgirl ugly?

I don't think she's ugly. She does have a monkey-like mouth area (in my opinion), but I think she's quite attractive.

But surely there's more about her to discuss than just her looks? What about her acting? I think she's doing a god job so far of making her character endearing.

Just watched the episode and I couldn't but agree with Caitlin that Team Flash did sort of "betray" (not really the right word but that's what Caitlin used). They made the whole point of Grodd being smarter and having more complex thoughts, emotions and desires. Yet, they they forced him through the rift against his will. Sure, it might have been "for his own good", but as a sentient, intelligent being, shouldn't he have had a say in it, never mind the right to make that decision on his own?

Anyone else had the same reaction?

And that will be the spark that leads him to despise the human race even more so.

Man, the scenery in the last scene remind me of that area from the Speed Force where Barry met one of his new foes, that guy wanted to sacrifice him to escape the Speed Force prison.

Just watched the episode and I couldn't but agree with Caitlin that Team Flash did sort of "betray" (not really the right word but that's what Caitlin used). They made the whole point of Grodd being smarter and having more complex thoughts, emotions and desires. Yet, they they forced him through the rift against his will. Sure, it might have been "for his own good", but as a sentient, intelligent being, shouldn't he have had a say in it, never mind the right to make that decision on his own?

Seeing as how Grodd murdered two people I'm totally comfortable with his future being taken out of his hands. If anything, he got off easy as he ought to be in prison.

It was a good episode.

But, like some others have mentioned, I was a little ... perplexed that Caitlin apparently didn't ask Harry where they were sending Grodd and, if she had, that Caitlin simply didn't explain to Grodd that they were sending him somewhere he could live in peace with others like him instead of manipulating Grodd and then having The Flash punch Grodd into the breach.

I understand that Grodd killed people, but he's a pretty unique and complex being who was under the manipulative influence of a super villain for years. So, I thought that Team Flash could have at least tried reasoning with him instead of manipulating him. At the end of the day, hopefully Grodd doesn't resent Caitlin for sending him to Gorilla City. And I really hope that we somehow see Grodd return with non-murderous motivations!

Otherwise, I thought the episode was very strong. It was a little odd that Henry didn't have a mobile phone, yet Iris was able to contact him to force him to return to Central City. If he could maintain contact with Iris, why hadn't he been in contact with Barry to at least let Barry know that he was safe and living peacefully in the mountains. I'm pretty sure another forum user has speculated that Zoom threatened Henry and forced him to leave Central City, which I guess could also explain his reluctance to return only when Barry was paralysed and Zoom was MIA in this episode.

Barry in a wheelchair and Harry in his super villain (hero) costume saving the day was enjoyable. It was an all round strong episode, although I still wish they, or at least Caitlin, had treated Grodd's character with a little more ... dignity.

And that will be the spark that leads him to despise the human race even more so.

well there's two thing to keep in mind here though Grodd said he wanted to be with more apes like him. Earth 2 Dr. well's said there was a place in earth 2 with apes like Grodd him self . though they sent Grodd through that portal they granted him his most wanted wish he has the people he want's

now if he come's back what will be the point of coming to earth 1 where barry is when he should try to take over earth 2 first , planet of the apes style. which is easier to access then going through portal to conquer another earth . he should take over domestically on earth 2 first for most then try to expand his empire, shouldn't he?

After all Ape city is only native only to earth 2's africa from what this show has show cased to us.

I thought they did a good job with the effects on Grodd, it's difficult to do on a TV budget and they showed more of him this time. The little homage to King Kong was cool and I like that he's building towards a Gorilla army.

Earth 2 Wells is such a great addition to the team, I like how he is warming to them even though I still don't think he's 100% trustworthy.

Barry's mental block over getting back in the suit would have been a good storyline for him and Ollie given his situation with Ra's, but I get that they need him back in action for the crossover and the scenes between Barry and Henry were good.

Cisco as always was great and Hawkgirl looked great in his Vibe!

I wonder how long it will be before Patty finds out Barry's The Flash. :hmm

I thought they did a good job with the effects on Grodd, it's difficult to do on a TV budget and they showed more of him this time. The little homage to King Kong was cool and I like that he's building towards a Gorilla army.

Earth 2 Wells is such a great addition to the team, I like how he is warming to them even though I still don't think he's 100% trustworthy.

Barry's mental block over getting back in the suit would have been a good storyline for him and Ollie given his situation with Ra's, but I get that they need him back in action for the crossover and the scenes between Barry and Henry were good.

Cisco as always was great and Hawkgirl looked great in his Vibe!

I wonder how long it will be before Patty finds out Barry's The Flash. :hmm
I still want to know where that revers flash suit came from? I don't seem to recall he had spares in the room Gedon was in.

I'm already stated some in both this thread about Cisco's vibing and his own devoted thread. he seem's to be a precog meta human while in the comic's he was only able to sense boom tubes cause they were the source of his quake power via vibration. which is odd. but interesting. but I hope he get's his quake ability's I'd like to see him in the field with barry and with a mind like his I'm sure he can pull off multiple trick with his quake ability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"