The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 7 "Gorilla Warfare"

Just a random thought. In the last episode Zoom said something like "I like to fish with bait too" and in this episode Henry Allen comes back and says he has been fishing a lot.

Might be a subtle clue that Henry allen of Earth 2 is Zoom. Also, the shape of Zooms face and eyes really remainds me of Henrys.

Just a random thought. In the last episode Zoom said something like "I like to fish with bait too" and in this episode Henry Allen comes back and says he has been fishing a lot.

Might be a subtle clue that Henry allen of Earth 2 is Zoom. Also, the shape of Zooms face and eyes really remainds me of Henrys.

Good catch.

You could be on to something. And alot of people are headed the Henry allen rout too of late.

Fishing......?

SmoothWateryAssassinbug.gif

Fishing......?

SmoothWateryAssassinbug.gif

Barry's face is like "Oh *****!! Oh *****!! Oh *****!!!" :woot:

Honestly, when people say that he could'ev just vibrated his way out, can't you see how fraggin petrified he is?? I mean, regular sharks are scary enough..but that thing??! :o

Polux

Honestly, when people say that he could'ev just vibrated his way out, can't you see how fraggin petrified he is?? I mean, regular sharks are scary enough..but that thing??! :o

Polux
lol vibrate his way out? Barry was being choked . I don't think he would have been able to to that unless king shark allowed him to breath, or was gripping barry on his own torso.
There are two problems there. yeah Barry was freaked (like this guy will bite me bad and eat half of me like a candy bar) and Barry couldn't breath. it might not have been likely to pull off.

Polux

lol vibrate his way out? Barry was being choked . I don't think he would have been able to to that unless king shark allowed him to breath, or was gripping barry on his own torso.
There are two problems there. yeah Barry was freaked (like this guy will bite me bad and eat half of me like a candy bar) and Barry couldn't breath. it might not have been likely to pull off.

Had he been thinking clearly, Flash could have vibrated his hands enough to make KS's thumb lose grip control. But, as you guys pointed out, he was taken by surprise and clearly his logic was temporarily lost to fear.

Oh man, my love for this show just grew if impossible.
Grodd, welcome back brah. Gorilla city fyeah! Caitlin/Grodd interactions. lolz
Cisco/Hawkgirl pairing, entertaining, his flashes are hilarious.
Henry being ominous is really pumped up in an obvious way. The Zoom parallels are too similar.
Harry is growing on me, Tom is such a presence. He's phenomenal in this role.
Iris, please kill her off, she could be gone once Wally West comes in.
Fantastic SFX, great episode. Can't wait for the crossover.

This. I see nothing morally gray about what the team did. They balanced out that Grodd was a living being that was intelligent that had experienced terrible torment but was also a violent menace that shouldn't be allowed to roam free and harm innocent people.

I re-watched the episode and Joe did indeed suggest that they consider killing Grodd. Then this Aikido dude came in with a staff, said "All life is precious" and started fighting Joe. Er...maybe I dreamed that last part.

But I don't rule out the possibility of Barry having a "Zod neck snap" moment with Grodd at some point. Flash might well decide that Grodd's psionic abilities are too powerful for the world to handle and just lobotomize Grodd.

I think this really is true for the TV Barry, I'm curious to finally learn how his powers really work. In the comics he seems to have a much tighter grasp and bond to the speed force, here this isn't the case.

Then again, I think this is a bit odd. Why was he able to unconsciously let a bullet (mostly) phase through his neck in season one, but isn't able to phase himself out of this grip?

It is also interesting that Barry seems to be able to pick up on things around him in this super speed kind of way like we've seen in the first episode, only very sporadically. They never really established whether his powers work also for his mind or mostly just in a physical way.

I don't think that him not breathing really played a role, it probably was mostly due to him just being freaked out by suddenly being face to face to a huge shark.

By now he has become pretty lame on the show when it comes to him being the Flash thanks to him not being able to save his own hide. He has had his powers for quite a while now and has them still not mastered to a degree where he isn't constantly depending on being saved by others. He was able to phase his whole body through something before in a situation that was also terrifying but he can't do so now - this gives the series an really odd note at times.

I enjoyed this episode.

Grodd looked great and the final shot of early Gorilla City was a sight to see. He was just ruthless as well. Nice little nod to King Kong with the way Caitlyn was dressed. Even though she has a larger personal attachment to Grodd compared to the others on the team.

Barry gave Cisco the ring! I can't wait for that to happen again. Speaking of Cisco, I loved how they ribbed him when he made the breakfast comment. He surely knows how to pick a really good movie even if he screwed it up the first time with that initial vibe.

I thought it was a nice touch with Barry being in the chair (although momentarily) and assisting Wells from Star Labs while Wells himself was in the field. Plus Barry has the best family. Joe tried to push Barry and give him the confidence he needs, and Iris makes the right call, literally with contacting Henry.

When Barry saw Earth-2 Wells in the Reverse Flash suit, holy ****, that emotion came all at once along with his speed. Harry's personality difference with the Eobard Wells of Earth-1 really shined through in this episode a lot. The tone of voice and delivery of his speech helped to establish that. When he's rehearsing with Cisco and in the conversation with Grodd, it was really believable that he was actually the Wells we knew from season one.

Barry better tell Patty soon about his alter ego. She deserves to know.

This episode was okay, it was good to see good again. I want to see more of the reverse flash

You know, the thing with deciding that "Grodd needs to die", is that this doesn't magically give them the *ability* to kill Grodd. I'm more than a little vague on whether they have the firepower to do that, barring Barry figure out some of the more lethal vibration tricks.

Barrys Reaction when seeing the Reverse Flash behind him was priceless. Also Barrys Dad is acting way to suspcious IMO. I mean it just seems the show wants us to think he is Zoom but he really acted like a Smart *** in this episode and are we even sure that he is the real Earth 1 Henry Allen. Just the way he said "The Flash Can do it Can't you Flash" just seemed a bit weird to me

Also the moment between him and Wells felt like Wells knew something about Henry.

But maybe we're looking for something, haha.

Barrys Reaction when seeing the Reverse Flash behind him was priceless. Also Barrys Dad is acting way to suspcious IMO. I mean it just seems the show wants us to think he is Zoom but he really acted like a Smart *** in this episode and are we even sure that he is the real Earth 1 Henry Allen. Just the way he said "The Flash Can do it Can't you Flash" just seemed a bit weird to me

Yeah I loved that moment, I think it will stand out even more when the show comes out on BD and we can binge was the seasons together.

Enjoyed this episode overall myself, great to see Grodd again, and more Caitlyn is always a good thing, shame we have a 2 week break now!

I am certain that leaving Grodd in a city of intelligent apes shall come back to haunt them. The final scene didn't scream Grodd finally at peace and happy in his new home

It felt more like he was already planning to get up to no good now he had more apes like him to help in his villainy

Finally watched this, thought it was a solid episode, Grodd looked much improve here. I had a feeling they might make Barry heal normally but then he'd have to get over it psychologically, my other theory was nanites to repair the damage. I loved how we sort of got Reverse Flash again (surely they will find a way to bring the real one back someday?) and it was exactly what I expected. I'm not sure if Henry Allen was acting strange or if it's just my paranoia suspecting him as Zoom (wel his Earth 2 counterpart, which of course would mean it would make no sense for him to act out of character).

The money shot of the whole episode was Gorilla City, I hoe they revisit it in future, although I can't help feeling that they're done with Grodd now.

Overall 8/10

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention, they said something about destroying Well's suit and that I good will come of it again, I am convinced they will use that suit (maybe modify it a little) to be the Kid Flash suit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"