• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Flash The Flash Season 2 Episode 8: "Legends of Today"

I didn't really like this episode. I think this may be my least favorite Flash episode of both seasons. I dunno, there was just too much going on, and it all felt a bit contrived.

PRAISES/THOUGHTS/CRITICISMS

• Savage is a savage.
  • I love that Kendra is so comfortable with abusing her manager's trust. :funny:
  • What reason does Barry have to think that Savage is "mystical?"
  • "Felicity, honey..." :funny:
  • Much to my surprise, I found the Team Arrow vs. Ghosts set piece a lot more engaging here than such scenes usually are on Arrow. Like...a lot more.
  • Savage vs. Oliver/Barry/Thea was very fun to watch.
  • Huh. Well. I was not expecting Patty to shoot Harry.
  • ...why did Team Arrow and Barry expose their identities to the person who kidnapped the one they're all trying to protect?
  • So, uh...why did Caitlin call Joe and not Jay?
  • The actress who plays Kendra is incredibly attractive.
  • Why was Jay still so adamant about keeping the serum away from Barry even though he didn't appear to suffer any negative side effects from using it?
  • Really? Oliver ran into his baby mama at Jitters again?

This was a very god episode. Easily the best of the season so far. 9/10.

I didn't really like this episode. I think this may be my least favorite Flash episode of both seasons. I dunno, there was just too much going on, and it all felt a bit contrived.
well the speed serum earth 2 dr Well's was working on was cool. and it further shown some light about joe not telling people things or how bad he is at keeping secrets him self. Joe share's alot with oliver. like that time when he tried to help barry lie to patty when barry couldn't walk.

Joe ether should have better communication with Barry on what they are going to lie and keep their secrets about or Joe shouldn't bother to do so all together cause when it's him, it try's to take the whole upper body.

They need earth 2 Dr. well's it's time to read patty in.

Why was Jay still so adamant about keeping the serum away from Barry even though he didn't appear to suffer any negative side effects from using it?

I think that was just his usual hate/distrust of Wells more than anything.

PRAISES/THOUGHTS/CRITICISMS

• Savage is a savage.
  • I love that Kendra is so comfortable with abusing her manager's trust. :funny:
  • What reason does Barry have to think that Savage is "mystical?"
  • "Felicity, honey..." :funny:
  • Much to my surprise, I found the Team Arrow vs. Ghosts set piece a lot more engaging here than such scenes usually are on Arrow. Like...a lot more.
  • Savage vs. Oliver/Barry/Thea was very fun to watch.
  • Huh. Well. I was not expecting Patty to shoot Harry.
  • ...why did Team Arrow and Barry expose their identities to the person who kidnapped the one they're all trying to protect?
  • So, uh...why did Caitlin call Joe and not Jay?
  • The actress who plays Kendra is incredibly attractive.
  • Why was Jay still so adamant about keeping the serum away from Barry even though he didn't appear to suffer any negative side effects from using it?
  • Really? Oliver ran into his baby mama at Jitters again?

This was a very god episode. Easily the best of the season so far. 9/10.
this happened in the last cross over too when barry met lyla . barry is just bad at it it's why I said at the bottom of page 2 that barry should just out him self next season to the public and not bother with a normal house and it was sorta Cisco fault this time at the coffee shop just after being attacked by vandal there the first time around.

This why a cross over with super girl must happen team super girl can't seem to keep her identity a secret ether. I tell ya. lol

as to jay not liking the serum he still doesn't trust earth 2 wells which is odd cause his distrust issue stem from always saying earth 2 doctor was reluctant to stop Zoom. and now earth 2 doctor is actually doing he's still say's it's not good double talk reasoning.

the first one time made sense. now that earth 2 dr. wells is doing what you want it's not good enough ether. Jay make up your mind. seriously

we'll see what happen next week.

Last edited:
Pluses +++
Intro to Hawkgirl was awesome. The actress is striking.
Savage was sick, digging this character.
Barry's dig at Malcolm's hilarious baddie entrances.
The random side shot of Felicity's ass.
Hawkman in general. Loved the battle between Oliver/Barry.
The less Iris the better.
Jay's return, enjoyed seeing his powers come back.
Olicity being slightly tolerable for a change.

Minuses ---
Patty being kind of a "shoot now ask questions" cop while she shot at Wells. Though I get it, her later reaction was off.
The security at Star Labs still sucks apparently.
Grant's facial expressions are nuts in this episode. His voice goes through weird intervals like he's still going through puberty. Not a huge minus but thought it was funny and out of place in the more "serious" scenes.
Waiting for part 2 tomorrow.

After tonight's episode, I really don't know why they just don't tell Patty about Barry being the Flash.

I mean they had no problem telling Kendra (who they taught was a regular civilian at the time) everything about them, let alone revealing Team Arrow's secret identities as well.

More importantly, I feel kind of bad for all of the times Joe West pretty much tells Patty to F'Off whenever she's trying to do the right thing simply because they won't let her in on things that she should probably be made aware of. Hell, she'd contribute more to the group if she were allowed in on the secret.

Not to mention they told Eddie for basically no reason in season one...

After tonight's episode, I really don't know why they just don't tell Patty about Barry being the Flash.

I mean they had no problem telling Kendra (who they taught was a regular civilian at the time) everything about them, let alone revealing Team Arrow's secret identities as well.

More importantly, I feel kind of bad for all of the times Joe West pretty much tells Patty to F'Off whenever she's trying to do the right thing simply because they won't let her in on things that she should probably be made aware of. Hell, she'd contribute more to the group if she were allowed in on the secret.
like I said joe has alot more common with oliver , more then he ever thought or never dreamed of when it come to secret's. and it always comes back on them cause theyare saying f off to some that needs to what's really happeing inthe town they are protect or their own familys. and oliver and joe notice bad stuff going down.

As team flash and not being able to keep a secret like barry's identity when they're excited (much like super girl's team) they better start locking them selves down or have barry come out to the public and not bother with a normal house or bother with starting a family of his own ever if he still want's to be a super hero while letting his Identity be known. there will be villain's that won't to play nice will come after his family and friends once they know who he is. it's just how things are.

Not to mention they told Eddie for basically no reason in season one...
no he needed to know that was one of the few time they did it right.

Last edited:
I was referring to the post I quoted.

Huh?

You said that this thing with Oliver meeting his son and seeing his baby mama is going to be followed up on, but gave no context for that comment whatsoever, so I'm asking you to provide said context.

Huh?

You said that this thing with Oliver meeting his son and seeing his baby mama is going to be followed up on, but gave no context for that comment whatsoever, so I'm asking you to provide said context.

Here's what I was talking about

[YT]/watch?v=pxS5FtA94vw[/YT]

Great episode and probably the funniest of the season.

Huh?

he mean's they were planning this since the first crossover when oliver met her at central city before captain boomer rang attack them in the arrow part of it all and team flash/ the lab team visited.

oliver will find out the kid might be his so will felicity it's cause him some pain from her all while he trying to deal with him self be a dead beat dad. due to how he was pre island it might also effect his campaign for mayor cause he has a love child etc.

no he needed to know that was one of the few time they did it right.

It absolutely wasn't. They told Eddie so he could rein in Iris, and so the writers could milk more drama out of Iris not knowing Barry's secret. Telling Iris would have quenched her curiosity while also letting her in on the gravity of the situation. And then she finds out anyway a few episodes later and calls them out on not treating her like an adult.

Same thing with Patty--at this point, not telling her is just doing more harm than good and for the same reason of creating BS drama out of her not knowing the big secret.

Not to mention Barry is perfectly willing to gamble that a convicted felon won't spill his secret to everyone in Iron Heights, but he can't trust (yet another) cop?

this happened in the last cross over too when barry met lyla .

Which made sense in context and was acknowledged as a mistake on Barry's part.

as to jay not liking the serum he still doesn't trust earth 2 wells

I know. But there's currently no reason for him not to support Barry using the serum, which Jay himself took, to defeat Zoom, who everybody agrees is the real threat.

he mean's they were planning this since the first crossover when oliver met her at central city before captain boomer rang attack them in the arrow part of it all and team flash/ the lab team visited.

oliver will find out the kid might be his so will felicity it's cause him some pain from her all while he trying to deal with him self be a dead beat dad. due to how he was pre island it might also effect his campaign for mayor cause he has a love child etc.

He already provided the context I was looking for, but thanks for trying. :)

For all you fans of the upcoming Wonder Woman film, here's a question: was this staff the same one Gal had in her backpack in those set photos?

6a0uK7n.jpg

12289753_1213542891994771_3576866614898919458_n.jpg

Eh, wasn't really impressed with this one. Just want to get back to the Zoom stuff instead of setting up other shows, really.

It absolutely wasn't. They told Eddie so he could rein in Iris, and so the writers could milk more drama out of Iris not knowing Barry's secret. Telling Iris would have quenched her curiosity while also letting her in on the gravity of the situation. And then she finds out anyway a few episodes later and calls them out on not treating her like an adult.

Same thing with Patty--at this point, not telling her is just doing more harm than good and for the same reason of creating BS drama out of her not knowing the big secret.

Not to mention Barry is perfectly willing to gamble that a convicted felon won't spill his secret to everyone in Iron Heights, but he can't trust (yet another) cop?
lol if we're talking about the writers that's always another story. Your absolutely right what they had him do to iris was unneeded but sadly that's what they (the writers) wanted . but it did get eddie who at one became an unwanted enemy of flash into one of the best allies and friends he had on the show minus that.

Last edited:
Awesome as always another great crossover. Loved it can't wait for part 2 tomorrow!

For all you fans of the upcoming Wonder Woman film, here's a question: was this staff the same one Gal had in her backpack in those set photos?

6a0uK7n.jpg

12289753_1213542891994771_3576866614898919458_n.jpg

Looks like her sword.

Anyway, not a complaint at all or anything but Vandal Savage really reminded me of Cristoph Waltz.

This episode kind of felt uneven; like they were trying to service two very different plots at the same time when they should have focused on one.

I felt like whenever they had cut back to scenes featuring Caitlin, Wells, Patty, Joe, and Jay... it really took out the momentum that they were building with everything else that was going on with the Crossover event. They should have just dedicated the whole episode to the Crossover portion, which would have left more time for certain scenes to breathe more.

I like how knowing one person's secret identity = knowing everybody's secret identity now. :p (Except Laurel's--where does she go during most of these crossovers, anyway?)

I like how knowing that the first name of the Flash is Barry means you have to reveal that he is Barry Allen of the Central City Police Department. It's not like there's only one Barry in an entire city. I mean, I'm fine with it because it's obvious Hawkgirl would be a superhero and all superheroes need to know each other, but it was a bit bonkers.

Anyway, I loved Vandal Savage in this episode. The reincarnated Egyptian aspect of Hawkgirl's story is probably my least favorite aspect so that brought the episode down a bit, but I still liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"