Comics What is the Best Spider-man Comic title?

Extra #6 in BB

Civilian
Reaction score
I'd say Ultimate Spider-man. it is the definition of a comic. Only comic book that has a devoted writer and artist.

Sensational.
Extra #6 in BB said:
I'd say Ultimate Spider-man. it is the definition of a comic. Only comic book that has a devoted writer and artist.
Just because a writer and artist don't stay on the same title for 7 years doesn't mean they're not devoted.

Devoted in that sense, he was probably talking about..

Anyway, Ultimate Spider-Man is fantastic. I've been with 'em since #1.

But besides that, I can't wait for the Clone Saga.

Ultimate or Sensational

However since I've been buying Ultimate of the shelf since #1 I'm more inclined to lean that way

Plus Ultimate has Clone Saga, and the whole Parker/Pryde relationship :up:

Ultimate has been my favorite for several years now. I enjoyed the Feral arc in Sensational very much though.:)

I like the direction Sensational is headed, and although the ending to "Feral" was a little disappointing, I have faith the next issues will be better.

The last issue of Amazing was real good, so I'd say right now Amazing. I would've said Ultimate, but the last is was meh.

Utter Carnage said:
Devoted in that sense, he was probably talking about..
Ah. When I think of a devoted creative team, I think of two (or more) guys (or girls) who are comitted to bumping out great stories each and every month. I mean, it's easy to write the same title every month, it's hard to write that title well.

Ultimate Spider-Man. I lvoe every bit of it, even the hated by so much Carnage arc. It was a change of pace and tone, and i really really loved it, especially gwens death (okay im dead meat now^^)

if i had to choose, Amazing because although its not always good, it brings something new to the table. and Sensational because it has that 90's feel to it, and i love everything 90's (except for john byrne with that damn chapter one bull!!)

Well I'm basing my opinion off gathering of five and everything before that
Amazing=my favorite. This comic showed spideys athlectic/agile side the most. And how he can conquer any feat. It also had the most guest star appearances of other marvel heroes.
Spectacular=showed his braun side. If you wanted to know the extent of spideys strenth this was the comic to read. I can't remember an issue where spidey wasn't dramatically overpowering a villain. This title also put alot of spotlight on the Parker osborn feud.
Sensational=comic relief/ reminded me of a tv show. I guess it was commercial spidey.
Peter parker=showed most of peter parkers conflicts, and concentrated on the feud between Spidey and Norman Osborn the most
Either way now adays both titles=*yawn* Not really that good lately.

I like Ultimate Spider-Man.

But Amazing Spider-Man was great too. I don't read it now.

I'm talking the issues that are in the Essential books.:D:up:

Easily Ultimate Spider-man at the moment. I've collected it since issue 1 and it's been great from start to finish. Just completely love the series.

AMazing Spider-man usually, but at the moment I'm really enjoying Sensational

ragingdemon155 said:
Easily Ultimate Spider-man at the moment. I've collected it since issue 1 and it's been great from start to finish. Just completely love the series.

I have issue 12-Current.

I've read 1-11 though.:up:

Amazing Spiderman, although I love Ultimate also. :up::spidey:

I only read Ultimate Spider-man so I'm not voting but I do think the art in the others are better. The only reason I read Ultimate Spider-man is because I've read it from the start and the real canon is too deep to get started.

Right now, Ultimate Spider-Man. Of all time, Amazing Spider-Man. :up:

Ultimate Pete annoys the hell outta me sometimes.

the recent hobgoblin 2211 arc in FNSM is better than Feral in sensational, which left me bored. it went on too long, having a "rock of life" or whatever it was made me cringe and i just think FNSM has humour, action and great story-writing :up: tho i did like amazing spider-man 533 and also 'mr parker goes to washington', just a shame we cant leave 532 out of recent issues' memories..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"