Comics What is the Best Spider-man Comic title?

MyPokerShirt said:
oh thats funny. a spider-girl is the best spider-man book comment. again. *slow claps*

Funny thing is, Shirt, not only have you demonstrated the fact that you like it, the fact of the matter is, any book that features Spider-Man, on a monthly basis is in fact a Spider-Man title :o

I was suprised to see Spidergirl wasnt on the poll as I know its a pretty popular book with some people on these boards

Happenstance said:
I was suprised to see Spidergirl wasnt on the poll as I know its a pretty popular book with some people on these boards

Well since its ending in a week I can understand, hopefully when we do this thread again in the fall, Spider-girl Vol 2 shows up :up::)

People have gone on about how great Spidergirl was that im gonna give vol.2 a try when it comes out, see if I can get over my petty dislike of seeing Pete not doing anything.

Ultimate, then Amazing. I dont read the others.

MyPokerShirt said:
oh thats funny. a spider-girl is the best spider-man book comment. again. *slow claps*

Who's joking?

I'm dead serious. ALL the other Spider-titles are a pile of crap.

Actually, Invincible is the best Spider-Man comic :D

Citizen_Kaine said:
Well since its ending in a week I can understand, hopefully when we do this thread again in the fall, Spider-girl Vol 2 shows up :up::)

Spider-Girl is going to be relaunched? Where did you hear this?

Happenstance said:
People have gone on about how great Spidergirl was that im gonna give vol.2 a try when it comes out, see if I can get over my petty dislike of seeing Pete not doing anything.

Check out issue 100 then. Since his daughter is currently uh, "dead" he's swinging back into action to take on the Hobgoblin :up:

http://www.marvel.com/news/.501

The webshooters. Sigh...brings a tear to my eye. As I said...best Spidey book out there.

Amazing. Im practically climbing the walls waiting for the next issue.

Honorable mention: Sensational Spider-Man.

Citizen_Kaine said:
Funny thing is, Shirt, not only have you demonstrated the fact that you like it, the fact of the matter is, any book that features Spider-Man, on a monthly basis is in fact a Spider-Man title :o

Including New Avengers and Civil War?

Cause i REALLY like both of those books.

CaptainStacy said:
Amazing. Im practically climbing the walls waiting for the next issue.

Honorable mention: Sensational Spider-Man.

heh:)

Citizen_Kaine said:

it features peter monthly, not spider-man, so its not. Also, by that logic, its like saying young avengers is the best spider-man book cos spidey has appeared in it. sigh... i like the current spider-girl arc, its just spider-girl fans keep bashing the character i love *cries**cracks up**manic laugh*

Amazing will show u. It'll show u allllllll!! mwahahaha. ahem. whoa..

Well, since I haven't been able to read Sensational 'cause I can't find an issue (no clue where I put it!) I voted fer SMLMJ. I enjoy it every month.

CaptainStacy said:
Including New Avengers and Civil War?

Cause i REALLY like both of those books.

Civil War = Mini so, nope

And New Avengers is more team based, however it does have Spidey, month in month out so it can be titled a Spidey book, however IMO while I don't mind NA and think its a fairly decent book, to me the characterization of Spidey is just terrible in NA.

And no you can't count Young Avengers 'Shirt because thats just a guest shot, it has to be month in month out. Peter Parker does appear every month in Spider-girl, and his daughter is filling in the role of a "Spider-Man", occasisonally Peter does done the costume to help her out. Spider-girl, with the word Spider even in the title is most definatly a Spider-Man title :up:

Citizen_Kaine said:
Has that been confirmed yet?

Citizen_Kaine said:
And no you can't count Young Avengers 'Shirt because thats just a guest shot, it has to be month in month out. Peter Parker does appear every month in Spider-girl, and his daughter is filling in the role of a "Spider-Man", occasisonally Peter does done the costume to help her out. Spider-girl, with the word Spider even in the title is most definatly a Spider-Man title :up:

no its really not. it features peter every month (more or less) with spider-man appearing rarely, such as in power pack or young avengers. spider-man and peter parker are two sides of one character. theyre both needed to be a spider-man book.

so amazing spider-man (by ur logic) is a spider-girl book cos it has "spider" in it? or cos baby may was in it (ever so briefly)? no.

why does the discussion havta turn this way. we're discussing books starring spider-MAN. spider-girl is not the best spider-man book, for the same reason invincible isnt. theyre different characters. invincible does obviously not = spider-man, neither does spider-girl. simple, really. so i dont see the need for this discussion.again.

originally people saying (not here, when it was FIRST said) spider-girl was the best spider-man book was because it harks back to days of spider-man having better, simpler storytelling (which i believe is infinitely easier with just one book published a month as opposed to four) and it involves the the spider mythos. we jackasses were trying to be clever, but it is NOT a spider-man book. given this however, if he stars and stars well in spider-girl #100, that issue could be the best APPEARANCE of spider-man and so the best spider-man issue in quite some while.stilll doesnt make it a spider-man book and so it shouldnt be in the voting list.

(how many times has peter crawled back into the costume in the last 100 issues of spider-girl anyway??)

hmm, yeah maybe a "i dont like spider-man anymore, i prefer to read invincible and spider-girl" option

MyPokerShirt said:
(how many times has peter crawled back into the costume in the last 100 issues of spider-girl anyway??)

7 or 8 times actually, I believe the most recent, not counting issue 100 of course, would be the time he and Electro met, to try and help Max's daughter :up:

its good to know the writers have kept pete's sense of responsibility, even if he's a bit of a moany father. but -- whose isnt, i guess!

MyPokerShirt said:
its good to know the writers have kept pete's sense of responsibility, even if he's a bit of a moany father. but -- whose isnt, i guess!

HEY!!!:mad: :thing:

I think that USM gets the job done in what comic books set out to achieve and as great as it is, its not 616. With that said, my vote goes to sensational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"