• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What is the future of DC films after the failure of "Green Lantern"?

After that god-awful failed TV show I can understand why they don't want to go anywhere near the franchise.

Was it the characters fault that show sucked or was it the fault of the people who wrote a s**ty pilot?

I"m gonna go with the latter.

Was it the characters fault that show sucked or was it the fault of the people who wrote a s**ty pilot?

I"m gonna go with the latter.

I don't disagree. But it makes executives nervous about green-lighting a big budget movie.

I'll never fathom why WB rejects the idea of a female-led action film, especially with Wonder Woman. It's got something for both genders.

A hot and beautiful actress in possibly revealing armor and/or tights that kicks ass AND a role model or 'icon/symbol' image for the female demographic.

Seriously, what could go wrong??????

If it were as simple as that, then superheroines like Wonder Woman would be the bestselling books. They aren't.

The problem is that women aren't as into superheroes, and men aren't as interested in a female main character as a male one. This is a major contributing factor to why most successful action movies have male protagonists.

If it were as simple as that, then superheroines like Wonder Woman would be the bestselling books. They aren't.

The problem is that women aren't as into superheroes, and men aren't as interested in a female main character as a male one. This is a major contributing factor to why most successful action movies have male protagonists.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm dying to see a female superhero institute a Grade-A asswhopping. I, personally, find that to be a turn-on. Different strokes, I suppose.

As for the female audience not being into superheroes, there hasn't been a female-based superhero film released... ever. So that data is a bit flawed. I say it's better to know and fail, than not do anything at all and live in nothing but assumptions.

Last edited:
Well there were a couple. Catwoman, Elektra... I'm starting to notice a trend here.

Most female superheroes (and villains) were designed by men to be appealing to men. It's not surprising women aren't particularly interested in them. Wonder Woman was inspired by one guy's bondage fetish.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm dying to see a female superhero institute a Grade-A asswhopping. I, personally, find that to be a turn-on. Different strokes, I suppose.

As for the female audience not being into superheroes, there hasn't been a female-based superhero film released... ever. So that data is a bit flawed. I say it's better to know and fail, than not do anything at all and live in nothing but assumptions.

Actually, there have been superheroine films, Supergirl, Catwoman, and Elektra being examples of such, but no successful superheroine films.

Well there were a couple. Catwoman, Elektra... I'm starting to notice a trend here.

Most female superheroes (and villains) were designed by men to be appealing to men. It's not surprising women aren't particularly interested in them. Wonder Woman was inspired by one guy's bondage fetish.

Agreed.

Well, to be fair, Catwoman and Elektra were just downright awful.

And your point definitely holds ground. These comics/films were designed to be appealing to men, not women.

I say, let a serious and well-rounded director like Refn or Nolan take a shot with Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
What DC superhero to be adapted for the first time, will be most epic on-screen?

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

If they weren't doing John Carter already, Adam Strange woulda been nice.

I'd have rathered Flash from the get-go...

And in terms of female heroes on the screen... Aeon Flux kind of got overlooked.

DC Films is still young. You can't have imagined that they would all be Dark Knight level quality.

Why not? Marvel Studios knocked it out of the park with their very first movie.

They've had mediocre movies, but not crappy.

And so DC with the Batman movies. And Marvel has had their fair share of crappy movies

I'm talking Marvel Studios versus DCE. DCE's only got Green Lantern to its credit, whereas Marvel Studios has Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and now The Avengers.

Ah, no, they had sweet f-all to do with how GL turned out. They deserve neither praise nor blame, WB screwed up.

No one really looks at it that way though. Marvel movies are Marvel movies whether its the first Ghost Rider or Captain America, no matter who actually f-ed it up. Same with DC.

Well it's time people did start looking at it that way and stop being ignorant about it.

Which superhero film adaption (not TV show) will appeal most to young people today - Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Shazam - when looking at what kind of films that are successful or not. I guess it is the same answer to the question: "which one will be most successful?"

And which one could most likely end up the same way as Green Lantern (just look at everything people hate about that film, and apply that on another hero)

And before I forget it, you must excuse me for the ones I mention by name, but when it comes to live action versions of classic, but untested, DC heroes, it's mostly about these names and no others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"