What Is The Last Comic You've Read - Part 4

Strange Adventures #1 (Excited to see where this goes.)

The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes (Already ordering the next couple of volumes.)

Doomsday Clock #10-12 (Absolutely loved it. The last issue especially!)

Will try to read The Omega Men next!

The Punisher Essential Vol. 2. It collects the first 20 issues of the regular series, annual #1, Daredevil#257.

It's been quite so long since I've read a comic, and it's nice to return with some nice stories:

From Judge Dredd Complete Case Files v10:
  1. Body Snatcher
  2. Phantom of the Shoppera
  3. Tomb of the Judges

And Action Comics 858-863:
Superman and the Legion of Superheroes: Six parts that harken back to the beauty of Silver Age Superman comics with a modernized taste, a beautiful story that was handled when Geoff Johns was probably in the era of his peak as a writer.
Superman: Birthright
Great story.

The Punisher Essential Vol. 2. It collects the first 20 issues of the regular series, annual #1, Daredevil#257.
What does volume one collect along with that four issues limited series that came before?

@Spider-Aziz , it seems to have most of his guest appearances pre-regular series.

Apparently, Vol 1 collects Amazing Spider-Man 129,134-135, 161-162, 174-175, 201-202. It also collects Amazing Spider-Man annual 15, Giant Size Spider-Man 4, Marvel Preview Presents 2, Marvel Super Action 1, Captain America 241, Daredevil 182-184, Spectacular Spider-Man 81-83, plus the five issue limited series.

Last edited:
TMNT issues 81 - 87, Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road and TMNT Universe 23 - 25.

@Spider-Aziz , it seems to have most of his guest appearances pre-regular series.

Apparently, Vol 1 collects Amazing Spider-Man 129,134-135, 161-162, 174-175, 201-202. It also collects Amazing Spider-Man annual 15, Giant Size Spider-Man 4, Marvel Preview Presents 2, Marvel Super Action 1, Captain America 241, Daredevil 182-184, Spectacular Spider-Man 81-83, plus the five issue limited series.
I think that's the bulk of the omnibus coming out soon as well.

Most of my Punisher reading involves Mike Baron and Steven Grant. I was basically out of comics by the time Garth Ennis had his run. I have read some of the early Spider-Man guest appearances.

I read the Punisher's regular series first 50 issues, almost all written by Baron with several different artists, most notably, Whilce Portacio. These were generally solid stories but nothing overly spectacular. They were steady, with a decent dose of Microchip, and a variety of battles that felt like a tv series. During the run, I liked the Kingpin 4 part story though it was anti-climatic. I disliked the Jigsaw puzzle storyline that ended with a backlash because Baron included Lucifer. What I did like was how Baron was able to have stories with ordinary non-superpowered villains. There were drug dealers, terrorists, Neo-Nazis, whistleblowers, and gangs.

There was even a two part story where Punisher battles it out with the US Navy and it read like a Tom Clancy novel. Most stories weren't memorable but there was one issue where the Punisher makes a great effort to capture a doctor who tortured a DEA agent on behalf of a drug cartel and brings the doctor to the victim's wife and lets her decide whether the doctor lives or dies.

Most everyone knows Steve Grant from the miniseries. But they should also check out Punisher: Return to Big Nothing. Story isn't earth-shattering but still quality writing similar to the miniseries.

I think that's the bulk of the omnibus coming out soon as well.
Most of these are issues already at my disposal, so no need for me to try and get a copy of these.

TMNT issues 81 - 87, Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road and TMNT Universe 23 - 25.
IDW stuff? I've stopped with the end of their Mirage comics tenure, and haven't gave much thought to the Archie Comics stuff.

IDW stuff? I've stopped with the end of their Mirage comics tenure, and haven't gave much thought to the Archie Comics stuff.
Yeah. I'm a fan of the series. Have the first 9 hardcovers, but fell behind a while ago. Decided to catch up until I can buy the next HCs. Never read much of the Mirage stuff, but I plan on one day.

Yeah. I'm a fan of the series. Have the first 9 hardcovers, but fell behind a while ago. Decided to catch up until I can buy the next HCs. Never read much of the Mirage stuff, but I plan on one day.
They're worth reading, even though most of them are without color and what coloring there is gave all four turtles uni-colored mask.

Reactions: NDX
They're worth reading, even though most of them are without color and what coloring there is gave all four turtles uni-colored mask.
B&W is fine. Some of my favorite trades are from the Essential and Showcase line. The IDW series paid tribute to the same colored masks for the first 4 issues of the series.

The Sandman: Overture (trade ~ 30th Anniversary Edition)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"