What Is The Last Comic You've Read - Part 4

Omega Men 8-10
(goodness gracious, what a masterpiece this has been so far!)

Ziggy Marley's Marijuanaman by Jim Mahfood and Joe Casey

This felt like the toked out spiritual brother to Bill Plimpton's I Married a Strange Person. Not bad for a 2 dollar purchase.

Superman (2016) 33-41 (re-read)

Omega Men 8-10
(goodness gracious, what a masterpiece this has been so far!)
OMG, you being the other resident Tom King fan here, I've been assuming this was a re-read for you. Didn't realize this was your first time reading it! Glad you're enjoying it as much as I did. :D

Omega Men 11, 12

OMG, you being the other resident Tom King fan here, I've been assuming this was a re-read for you. Didn't realize this was your first time reading it! Glad you're enjoying it as much as I did. :D

Yeah, I wasn’t keeping up with newer comics during New 52 or DC You stage besides occasional Snyder Batman events and Nightwing/Grayson and Smith’s Green Arrow run, so Omega Men got past me and was always on the “I need to get to it” list. The Tom King discussions that I had with you encouraged me to finally read it. Really glad that I did. Finished it this morning and I’m still digesting it, but I will probably offer some thoughts eventually in the DC forum.

Omega Men 11, 12

Yeah, I wasn’t keeping up with newer comics during New 52 or DC You stage besides occasional Snyder Batman events and Nightwing/Grayson and Smith’s Green Arrow run, so Omega Men got past me and was always on the “I need to get to it” list. The Tom King discussions that I had with you encouraged me to finally read it. Really glad that I did. Finished it this morning and I’m still digesting it, but I will probably offer some thoughts eventually in the DC forum.
Looking forward to reading them! :up:

Alter Ego # 1 - 4 (1986), Alter Ego # 5 (2012)

Roy Thomas and Ron Harris finally returned to First Comics/Heroic Publishing's Alter Ego 26 years later to give us a fifth issue!

(Review -- Obscure Golden Age Heroes)

Last edited:
Demon Hunter (Atlas/Seaboard one-shot, 1975)

Lady Death vs Purgatori
(Chaos! one-shot, 1999)

Purgatori vs Lady Death (Chaos! one-shot, 2001)

ApocalyptiGirl: An Aria For The End Time by Andrew MacLean

Purgatori: The Vampires Myth # 0 - 3 (Chaos! mini-series, 1996)

Alley Cat vs Lady Pendragon (Image one-shot, 1999)

Anthem # 1 - 5 (Heroic Publishing mini-series, 2006)

Spider-Man and Batman (one-shot, 1995)

Batman and Spider-Man (one-shot, 1997)

Batman & Superman vs Vampires & Werewolves # 1 - 6 (mini-series, 2008/2009)

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Paragons Rising (CW Crisis tie-in)

The Black Bat # 1 - 12 (Dynamite limited series, 2013/2014)

Black Bat made his debut in 1939, just a couple of months after Batman, and initial similarities between them nearly saw the matter in court. Fortunately, someone on DC's staff who'd previously worked at Black Bat's publisher managed to smooth things over. Like Marvel's Daredevil, Black Bat's alter ego is a blind lawyer (in this case, after having his eyes gouged out by a crime-boss). Dynamite previously used the Black Bat in their pulp crossover series Masks, set in the Golden Age. This, however, is a modern-day reimagining, complete with smart phones and uber-advanced spy-tech. It's excellent, by the way (written by Brian Buccellato). A very strong Batman Begins vibe, but managing to be very much its own thing. Hard hitting, with twisted conspiracy theories, and an ending I never saw coming. I recommend it!

Middlewest 1-18.

I enjoyed that. I know the last trade is coming out in September but I might wait and see if it gets the HC treatment a la I Hate Fairyland (a series I need to pick and finish finally).

No. 1 With A Bullet

It was okay. Liked the art, story was okay. Had some tech in it that the didn't even try to explain and everything else seemed set in current time.

Tales of Ghost Castle # 1 - 3 (DC Mini-series, 1975) ~ Enjoyable collection of old-fashioned ghost stories.

Ghosts (DC/Vertigo one-shot, 2012) ~ So-so collection of 'modern' ghost stories. Some nice ideas, not followed through.

Haunted: From the Case Files of Betty Black (Mythx Media one-shot, 2015) ~ FBI agent closes difficult murder cases that others can't - 'cause she can see dead people. Great stuff.

Edit: Sp

Last edited:
Superman: Lois and Clark (2015-16) #1-8 (re-read)
Batman (2016) #36-37

Bettie Page: Queen of the Nile # 1 - 3 (Dark Horse mini-series, 1999/2000)

Bettie Page: Halloween Special (Dynamite, 2018)

Bettie Page: Halloween Special (Dynamite, 2019)

Elvira's House of Mystery: Halloween Special (DC, 1986)

Elvira's House of Mystery: Halloween Special (DC, 1987)

Elvira's House of Mystery Presents: Elvira's Haunted Holidays Special (DC, 1987)

Elvira: The Shape of Elvira # 1 - 4 (Dynamite mini-series, 2019)

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark: Spring Special (Dynamite, 2019)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"