What is the most vital element of the Batman mythos that has never been done on film?

A would love to see him in a rooftop chase (kinda like Parcour style, but more effective) Nolan should have used that opportunity with Catwoman. And him to use the Batarang like in the Arkham games.
Also a short workout in the cave, have him lift som weights or be on olympic rings, just to show he's in peak condition.
I think that Robin/Nightwing is perfect for a Parcour type style but it would have been cool for Catwoman to have used as well.

As for the peak condition thing I agree.I think Batman Begins came closest by showing Bruce waking up and starting his day off with push ups as well as his iniitial traing with the League of Shadows. The Dark Knight Rises served that purpose too given the circumstances. A lot of current writers don't show Bruce training like what was common in the late 70's/early 80's. I think this is something that both comics and movies shouldn't leave out.

- Leslie Thompkins - I think she is a vital part of Bruce's story - she is Bruce's mother figure, just like Alfred is the father figure after his parents die. I particularly like Leslie's pacifist stance - it creates an interesting dynamic between them.

- Barbara Gordon / Oracle - If they can get the characterisation right, Barbara's stubborness works incredibly well against Bruce's. I will be very disappointed if we don't see Oracle in the next Batman film series (whether we see her as Batgirl before or not).

- Insanity - The Dark Knight did this the best, but it wasn't explored since (I would say because they did not want to reference Joker at all). But a truly focused and multifaceted look at insanity (even to some extent how Batman is 'insane') is really needed in a Batman film series - not a tokenistic one of course, more of a deep discussion about escalation, why Gotham attracts such criminal insanity, and how it is dealt with. Nolan almost did it, but I can understand why he retreated given Ledger's death.
I think that Leslie Thompkins and Jason Todd are possibly the two most signifigant characters in Bruce Wayne's life that have never appeared in a Batman movie.

Just as much as I want to see namely the Riddler and Mr.Freeze "done right" the same goes for Barbara Gordon. I think Batgirl is a great character but I find Oracle more interesting.

Insanity-I think Hugo Strange and the Arkham Asylum would make the perfect vehicle to question the Dark Knight's sanity.

The detective angle. I know that all the movies have included allusions to his deductive skills but I'd like to see a more blatantly explicit exploration of it. I want to see a story where Batman really is as in the dark as the audience about a mystery he's facing and having to find his way through it via lots of clues. In other words I'd like to see a Batman movie that is first and foremost a detective story for a change and not just a character study with some spectacle like we've gotten for over 20 years already.

Dude, Batman was a brilliant strategist in BF. He figured out all of the lame riddles and it only took him 6 months to learn the identity of Jim Carrey in a pink wig is still Jim Carrey:oldrazz::oldrazz::oldrazz:

Yeah, I would also have to say the one MOST vital element of the mythos never done on film is without a doubt Leslie Thompkins.

The vow is definitely another must or at least a scene of Batman as an adult visiting the grave of his parents. Frankly, its almost unbelievable to me that after SEVEN live action films neither of those scenes has been done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"