What is your favorite Batman Universe?

spidermanJLA!~

SUPERHERO
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I was just watching some Batman stuff and I wanted to know what your favorite version. I'd probably go with the DCAU. Choose your pick!

Well, for me it was always and still is Burton's universe. I just like the peculiar, spooky and Gothic world, the Dracula-Batman and the bizarre surreal characters

I'm glad the poll is multiple choice. There's only one universe up there I don't like.

Nolan's universe and the 'Timmverse.'
With that, I liked how everything was handled before 'Batman Beyond.' Didn't care for the "epilogue" to MOTP -- could have been better.

what's the AA verse

Nolan's universe for the movies and Pre-Crisis early 80's for the comic universe.

My order:

Batman Animated-verse, Tim Burton-verse, DC comics verse, Nolan verse...

In order:

Batman The Animated Series-verse, DC Batman-verse, Tim Burton-verse and the Christopher Nolan-verse.

First Nolan and then

batman.jpg

The Burton-verse and the Schumacher-verse are one and the same as far as plot and continuity go, they just differ in the visual style.

With that said, I think I choose the Nolanverse. It fits my taste to a T. I also put a vote for the Arkham Asylum universe, because that was one hell of a game, with an awesome visual and artistic style.

^I almost consider Arkham Asylum to be part of the Timmverse since it's got all the voice actors from BTAS for the most part, and frankly I think the design is kind of a mix of BTAS ideas and Alex Ross with a kind of psuedo-realism. It's certainly it's own thing, but I could see that being how BTAS is realized in a "realistic" way with less art deco.

First BTAS, then Nolan, then Arkham Asylum.

The Burton-verse and the Schumacher-verse are one and the same as far as plot and continuity go, they just differ in the visual style.

I disagree. Burton's Gotham - Gothic, Art Deco and 1930's Industrial America. Colors predominantly black and white with expressionist designs here and there.

Nolan's Gotham - in style of Pop art, rich in colors like red, green and pink with Barbie-like designs all over and lollipop lamps

Different look, different feel

Also, Burton's Batman was much older and had black hair, wasnt a young blond pretty boy moping around with depression, wasnt a socialite and didnt have a fetish for customized glowing things and was a loner

Also, in Burtonverse Dent is black

Some people involved in Forever referred to it as a reboot more so than a sequel

Within the story or officially it may be a continuation, but that doesnt change the fact that the worlds and characters are radically different

I'm gonna have to go with the DCAU because of how long it lasted and how strong it carried the character with very few bad episodes. Right behind it is the Nolanverse though. Who knows how I'll feel about this question come July 20, 2012 though.

^I almost consider Arkham Asylum to be part of the Timmverse since it's got all the voice actors from BTAS for the most part, and frankly I think the design is kind of a mix of BTAS ideas and Alex Ross with a kind of psuedo-realism. It's certainly it's own thing, but I could see that being how BTAS is realized in a "realistic" way with less art deco.

That's why I didn't name the Arkham-verse. It felt like it was something between the Tim Burton and Animated Series-verse. That's how I'd love to see the Batman Universe on film..... one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"