• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Avengers What is your favorite fight in the film?

I REALLY enjoyed Thor vs Hulk! That shot of Thor with the hammer/upper-cut was pure money! :word:

However, after much thought, i have to go with Thor vs Iron Man/Cap, mainly because there was some killer trash talk happening as they all fought, lol :woot:

I REALLY enjoyed Thor vs Hulk! That shot of Thor with the hammer/upper-cut was pure money! :word:

However, after much thought, i have to go with Thor vs Iron Man/Cap, mainly because there was some killer trash talk happening as they all fought, lol :woot:

The trash talk mainly it took place before/after the fight but that was definately didn't stop it from being cool. :cool:

I like how Thor hit IM after he called him a "tourist", because he always struck me as more of an action speaks louder than words type person.

Thor vs Hulk was good but hampered by taking place on the helicarrier(not much room to move and such) so I'd have to say the Thor/Iron Man fight was probably my favorite. It had a bigger scale, what with being out-doors and all and ranged for miles. Plus with the Thor vs Hulk fight I was hoping for something like in Ultimates where Thor shows up to battle Hulk in NYC after Hulk has just kicked the crap out the rest of the team and Thor just wales on him with his hammer so hard that he causes a minor seismic event and embeds Hulk several feet into the pavement....and then Hulk calls him a hippy and slugs him across town.

It's all about scale. The IM/Thor fight was of the appropriate scale given how powerful they are(obviously Thor's more powerful but he really wasn't doing anything more than getting annoyed by Iron man). But a Hulk/Thor fight should be of a much larger scale.

Thor vs. Hulk: incredible. I only wish it went on longer, because to me it seemed rather short...but then again, so did every fight except the final battle. Only so much you can do in 2 hours.

Thor vs Hulk was good but hampered by taking place on the helicarrier(not much room to move and such) so I'd have to say the Thor/Iron Man fight was probably my favorite. It had a bigger scale, what with being out-doors and all and ranged for miles. Plus with the Thor vs Hulk fight I was hoping for something like in Ultimates where Thor shows up to battle Hulk in NYC after Hulk has just kicked the crap out the rest of the team and Thor just wales on him with his hammer so hard that he causes a minor seismic event and embeds Hulk several feet into the pavement....and then Hulk calls him a hippy and slugs him across town.

It's all about scale. The IM/Thor fight was of the appropriate scale given how powerful they are(obviously Thor's more powerful but he really wasn't doing anything more than getting annoyed by Iron man). But a Hulk/Thor fight should be of a much larger scale.

My sentiments exactly, mostly because of the scale which Thor vs Hulk lacked. :up:

The reason Thor didn't just start wailing on Hulk from the beginning because he was trying to calm him down.

Thor was definitely being very careful in trying to minimize the damage around him. But when he laid that smackdown on Hulk with Mjolnir...i lost it. Too awesome for words. And then Hulk turns around, a little dazed, and HURLS a jet wing right at him. Now I need to see this movie again after writing all that....

Thor/Hulk
Thor/Iron Man/Cap
Although it's not a physical fight, Cap/Stark

Thor was definitely being very careful in trying to minimize the damage around him. But when he laid that smackdown on Hulk with Mjolnir...i lost it. Too awesome for words. And then Hulk turns around, a little dazed, and HURLS a jet wing right at him. Now I need to see this movie again after writing all that....

Definately :word:

For some reason I wish that jet wing would've hit Thor and sent him crashing into the hummer behind him.

Overall though, Hulk showed he was stronger/more relentless and Thor showed he was more skilled/careful. :up:

Yes and I'm sure Thor knew that cutting loose while on the helicarrier would not be a good idea. And while all that makes perfect sense as to why the fight was less than it could have been, I can't help but wish to see a fight where they could have both cut loose.

Thor definitely had a look on his face saying "F**k...what am I going to do?"

It's too bad their fight didn't carry on to that cornfield =(

It's painfully obvious the Thor/Hulk fight was MASSIVELY restrained from both parties...I think the budget was the main concern there. Maybe they will trade blows in Avengers 2 on a larger scale (just for kicks/fighting siblings etc). We all know after Avengers there's gotta be some payback from Thor to Hulk for that cheap shot.

It's painfully obvious the Thor/Hulk fight was MASSIVELY restrained from both parties...I think the budget was the main concern there. Maybe they will trade blows in Avengers 2 on a larger scale (just for kicks/fighting siblings etc). We all know after Avengers there's gotta be some payback from Thor to Hulk for that cheap shot.

I didn't think Hulk was restrained though, he almost killed Black Widow before Thor intervened.

Yeah I definately want to see Thor/Hulk's rivalry expanded upon in Avengers 2 even if it's not a full blown fight.

Thor definitely had a look on his face saying "F**k...what am I going to do?"

It's too bad their fight didn't carry on to that cornfield =(

I noticed that too, it was like "Woah, I've got a fight on my hands with this one".

heh That Sandwhich is going to be requested all over now.
I'm wondering what it tastes like? Looks sort of like a Gyro.

I never even heard of it until this movie, lol. Sales must be through the roof.

I was watching the IM/Thor clip on youtube and someone said "IM handled Thor and if Cap didn't come Thor would've been outta here".

Lol wut?

You know we are going to get a colossal Hulk vs. Thor fight in TA2 right? Only this time, OUTDOORS!! Like on top of that mountain with all the vibranium in Wakanda. No?

Just saw this previz shot they did of the Thor/Cap tango ..... this angle would've been awesome .....

FlWWB.jpg

I voted Hulk vs Thor,, I didn't think they were going to show that in the movie,, I enjoyed a lot Thor vs Iron Man, I liked that they overpowered IM with Thor's lightning so the fight will be more even,, I loved all Cap's scenes, and BW vs Hawkeye!

I voted cap vs loki. That whole scene was incredibly sweet. Although, hulk vs thor was amazing too. Heck, it was all amazing

I agree. The Hulk/Thor fight was too short, with too many other cuts showing what else was going on, for it to be better than the IM, Cap/Thor battle. But seeing as how the Hulk/Thor match-up is one of the classic comic altercations of all time, I would've liked a bit more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"