What made you happy today? - Part 1

Nope. Despite some people on here having it out for me important people actually like me and I'm talented. Though being talented and being an ass sometimes go hand in hand... so maybe people could be on to something there here. But as said, the company digs me and constantly asks what I'm working on. I don't have to go to them, they come to me.

I can say I have excellent readers though who help me elevate it to at least mid level 7 or 8 out of 10 of what reaches the wide silver screen.

I'm 25. Haven't sold anything yet. Typical first sale age is 27 to 30. So, I'd say I'm a fast track since a major company VP has always liked what I sent in, replies to emails in less than a day, and I've had writer meetings with already. He's read two projects - one was based on a copywrited property as a sample and a major fantasy film which isnt their typical genre. He's currently reading a horror film they've shown interest in. Plus another mentor who is the child of a major film studio president (its one of these: Universal, Fox, Warner Bros, Disney). So yeah, with them coming to me and at only 25 years old? I'm set. Not all is sunny though sacrificed any semblance of a social life to get here and missed out on high school entirely. Paid off, but at a price.

Last edited:
-I screened Mask of the Phantasm to friends who had not seen it nor the Animated series. They loved it.
-Caught this week's episode of Arrow; it is insanely good.
-Wrote a solid chapter for my second novel.
-My review of the 5th Estate went live: http://www.duqsm.com/wikileaks-tale-told-in-the-fifth-estate/
-I submitted a query for my novel...now comes the fun part of waiting for a response. Fortunately, I am not in much of a rush, as I have outlined some potential jobs for next year, when I graduate. Then it becomes a waiting game until I can build up enough of a literary reputation so I can plant a foot in the door of television or film.
-And I ordered a replacement copy of Jay Z's American Gangster and pre-ordered Lady Gaga's upcoming album.

Last edited:
After 7 years of working for the same company I quit my job yesterday, today was the first time in a really long time that I got to sleep in past 9am.

Even your avatar is smiling over that.

I'm 25. Haven't sold anything yet. Typical first sale age is 27 to 30. So, I'd say I'm a fast track since a major company VP has always liked what I sent in, replies to emails in less than a day, and I've had writer meetings with already. He's read two projects - one was based on a copywrited property as a sample and a major fantasy film which isnt their typical genre. He's currently reading a horror film they've shown interest in. Plus another mentor who is the child of a major film studio president (its one of these: Universal, Fox, Warner Bros, Disney). So yeah, with them coming to me and at only 25 years old? I'm set. Not all is sunny though sacrificed any semblance of a social life to get here and missed out on high school entirely. Paid off, but at a price.
Okay, I'm getting the picture.

Yep. Looking for projects to work on together with them. Haven't found one yet but the only one they got is more of a Disney film and not what they usually make, still waiting on horror script that was sent. But they had a similar film ten years ago they acquired but didn't go anywhere (it was reminiscent of the John Cusack action movie that took place in the woods, wasn't that good though). They're always looking to work on more with Liam. Its a story that's been done before, but I can really offer a real heart to it since its similar to what I'm going through and wrestling with (adopted). And its their genre - lower budget action and horror.

I look forward to seeing your name in the credits.

Thanks and yeah, looking to hopefully stay around. My dream, which might sound corny, ever since I was 15 and on here (I had a different name back then) was to be here and have a direct communications with the viewers because in my opinion the only way to know what works, doesn't work, and to improve is to go directly to its audience. And sorry for the confusion earlier, just used to some posters blowing a gasket whenever I bring it up sometimes so I misread into it.

Also, some on here know, but thought I'd just bring it up again for those who haven't caught the previous times I mentioned it (seems like a long time ago). I got here mostly through luck, talent was a part of it, but it was luck - right internship, right people, etc. So, anyone looking for help to get connections and their foot in the door etc - I'm always willing to help in any way that I can.

@Ultimatehero:

Do keep us updated on your projects and endeavors. :-)

I got another interview offer from a grad school.

I got an 1800 on the SATs, I'm really happy about that. It's within the range of the college I want to go to, and it's good since I'm not a great test taker overall.

I potentially have a few job opportunities coming up, which means a bigger payday which is always good.

Nice to both of you!

I got an A on my virology midterm. Some info I learned about a parasitic worm gave me something for an intro hook for a story idea.

going to Cookout for dinner after work and getting a huge Cheerwine :)

After clearing up an issue with how much Popeye's charged me last night and getting 80$ back (I hope one of those ladies wasn't trying to rip me off..) :hmm

I stopped by Taco Bell, on the way in I saw a shopping cart for a homeless guy, he was in front of me and after watching him scrounge through his pockets for change to pay 1.41$ for a small cup of soda I stopped him before he walked away and asked him if he wanted some tacos. He of course said yes and I so I threw in 2 extra tacos to my order and gave it to him, along with 10$. :up:

Music again because music is the most wonderful thing ever.:hrt:

I got As on two assignments I just submitted for a graphics design course. I'm in the process of changing careers, and the grades and teacher feedback was very affirming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"