• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arrow What should be the next Arrow?

Dr. Fate kind of like supernatural with more magic. The CW is perfect place

Dr. Fate is cool no doubt. I actually have him in my SHAZAM! idea as a mentor of magic to Billy. CW is perfect for a magical DCU show because they've done Supernatural. Here's hoping.

Dr. Fate kind of like supernatural with more magic. The CW is perfect place
Oh yeah actually that could really work

But if you want to go with a magic theme, wouldn't Zatanna be a better, more marketable and more appealing choice given the network and its major demographic?

For the CW, you need either a hot guy or female lead; not a guy with a bell for a head. :D

I have thought about Zatanna, in fact if SHAZAM! didn't work but they wanted a magical DCU character as a lead I had her as Plan B. I don't know that she's more marketable as SHAZAM! is a very popular character that's been making a major comeback recently due to Geoff Johns but I do see where more appealing might come in based on the CW's shows. I still think SHAZAM could work though.

Not sure that I get the bell for a head reference but I assure you I don't have one (cause I would play SHAZAM!)

Ok....you meant Dr. Fate, I thought you meant SHAZAM! Sorry, my bad. But yes Fate has a bell for a head....sort of. It could still work though.

No, i don't think it would work. Introducing supernatural characters in a show that hasn't even shown us metahumans or the sci fi element is a pretty bad move.

First metahumans then everything else, and leave magick last, actually don't even bother with it. Magick characters always get the ****** end of the stick, they are very interesting and they are never done right. Justice League Dark should be their first proper live action appearance, cause i do not count smallville.

Where not saying SHAZAM!, Zatanna, or Dr. Fate should be in arrow, we're saying they need to have their own shows.

JLD could be good but I doubt it happening. SHAZAM! or Zatanna would be good because they're known characters and they can incorporate the magical side of the DCU into their shows.

Ok....you meant Dr. Fate, I thought you meant SHAZAM! Sorry, my bad. But yes Fate has a bell for a head....sort of. It could still work though.

Wow. Don't take this the wrong way Wolf but you really, really, have SHAZAM! on your mind.

It's true. I'm a huge SHAZAM! fan. I love the character, love the arc that Geoff Johns just did, and I really do have a family that looks like the Batsons.

And to top it all off I'm writing a screenplay for my SHAZAM! idea. I already have episode one done and am working on episode 2, these episodes focus on Billy becoming SHAZAM! and fighting Black Adam for the first time (spoiler, he doesn't kill him). Episode 3 kicks off the DCU connections with Raven making her grand entrance.

Why aren't you spending that time and effort writing something original? I'll never get people who write fan fiction.

Booster Gold. He travels back in time to see his heroes of history, only to discover they no longer exist! Now he must be a hero to the world! Or something.

Why aren't you spending that time and effort writing something original? I'll never get people who write fan fiction.
Is this a joke ? People write fan fiction because they have their own ideas for some characters and stories to tell with them. Many comic book writers before they became famous they used to write fan fiction with the hope of their scripts getting published someday. Fanfiction in comic books is like writing your own comics but without getting them published. Originality doesnt always mean new characters or new stories and nowadays there is no real originality. In a media like movies and comics everyone is inspired by someone else and at least in the beginning of their career they are mimicing someone else. You have to start with something, better be something you know and love really well, inspiration and originality will come later.

S. Grundy: Just because I mention I'm writing a screenplay doesn't mean I don't write original stuff, more than that the idea that a fan-fic can't be original is ridiculous. True there's nothing new under the sun but writers their own spin on everything all the time.

Batman and The Dark Knight had the same premise: Batman vs. Joker, but it was written in a totally different way and thus were two totally different movies.

My SHAZAM! takes cues from the classic character and The New 52 version along with some BlackMagicWolf flair. How do you think Arrow came to be? Every single superhero show or movie is essentially a fan-fic. Look at Whedon for pete's sake he's fanboy hardcore.

I'm writing this script because I believe that SHAZAM! can be a series like Arrow and work really well. I have seasons planned out, arcs made, characters ready to introduce it's all there, some of it's original, some of it's not, but it's still my story to tell. And who knows? Someone in Hollywood might read it and like and then who will get the last laugh?

I do write fan-fiction (see Avatar: Spirit of Earth link below) but I own my spin on it with original characters and story. I've written a comic book called Guardians which will be on Comixology soon, that has both original characters, story, and world.

Don't judge a person by one thing they reveal, that's being ignorant.

NosfeRomas: That's for your support.

So.....The Flash races into the second position behind Arrow.....but that doesn't mean we have to stop guessing!

First off nothing is guaranteed, but on the more positive side if Flash works you know DC will want more shows on the air!

Let's picture something epic, Monday-Friday, one DC superhero show a day!

#Mindblown.

So if Arrow and Flash take up two of those days we have three to fill!

I still want SHAZAM! obviously but there's potential for so much more now that Flash is being developed!

Let's hear your ideas!

Arrow = introduction for Flash, Flash = introducion for SHAZAM!? :awesome: Yeah, could possibly see that work depending on how it's done. But I know Geoff Johns has big plans for SHAZAM! Next year, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a push to get him on TV to go along with his rumored new ongoing by Johns.

Thanks Frico! I agree it could happen. I am excited for Flash and if it works maybe they'll take the time to make SHAZAM! happen.

I loved Geoff Johns SHAZAM! arc, it's partially responsible for me writing a screenplay about my SHAZAM! idea. I'm going to keep writing it episode by episode and maybe I'll meet someone who'll help me get it to WB/DC and it'll get made!

The Flash pilot is in the works, which im happy to say I sort of predicted:o. Time to go back to the drawing board, whats next.

This is a really cool poster, gotta say im warming up to the shazam idea. He seems a lot more cinematic since new 52, I like the hood btw.
"My name is Victor Stone. Before the accident, my body was made of flesh and blood. Now it's made of steel and electricity. With nothing left, it's up to me to avenge my mother and protect my father's technology from the unsavory, the unknown and the unbelievable. But to do this, I'll have to become something more than human... something inhuman..."
Cool ideas on cyborg.

Last edited:
how about Constantine it could hit wb's Supernatural audience
constantine.jpg

John-Constantine-vertigo-comics-9421974-600-908.jpg

Project862006
You were right about constantine:woot:, but its in the works for NBC

Has it been confirmed yet that Birds of Prey is in the cards as a possible series?

Thanks for all the love on Cyborg, guys!

With Constantine on TV, that kinda makes it hard to do Zatanna real justice, since much of her world (and maybe her too) would feature on that show.

I'd like to see a woman or poc (or both) lead out if there's another DCCW TV show. If not Zatanna (Constantine), Wonder Woman (films) or Black Canary (Arrow), I think the next biggest female Leaguer is Vixen, though I could also go for a Starfire or Raven show, personally. Or they could just say 'forget that' and do a WW show. Either way, it seems to get into the mystical or at least alien. I think that's a good way to introduce either into the universe, personally.

^ Maybe this is crazy, but what about.... Hawkgirl?
I feel like if you tweaked the origin a little bit, she would gel with Arrow and Flash beautifully. Hell, Hawkman could exist too.

^ Maybe this is crazy, but what about.... Hawkgirl?
I feel like if you tweaked the origin a little bit, she would gel with Arrow and Flash beautifully. Hell, Hawkman could exist too.

The main challenge would be the wings. Winged flight is one of the hardest things to do convincingly in live-action; even without factoring the restrictions of a television budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"