• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arrow What should be the next Arrow?

Agreed. Hawkgirl is great, but those wings, that's a deal breaker. Everything else is utterly perfect though.

Wow, can't believe my thread is still going. Yay!

I'm still wanting SHAZAM!. Now before you say, "That's hard with Constantine" it's really not. Constantine is a very dark character, and deals with the dark side of magic, more supernatural, paranormal stuff. Whereas SHAZAM! could deal with the lighter side and be more involved in the DCU, whereas Constantine should be more in line with his Vertigo title than anything in the DCU.

As for female leads, I do have a LOT of female characters in my SHAZAM! scripts, I have 25 so far, pretty sure I didn't mention that....or maybe I did, it's been a while.

Anyway, I have Starfire and Raven in the show, the later is already a semi-recurring character. And of course there's.....
BiGZu8UCQAA6WH_.png:large

Yep, Mary! She'll play a big role as well.

So yeah, I still believe in SHAZAM!

I'd like to see a woman or poc (or both) lead out if there's another DCCW TV show. If not Zatanna (Constantine), Wonder Woman (films) or Black Canary (Arrow), I think the next biggest female Leaguer is Vixen, though I could also go for a Starfire or Raven show, personally. Or they could just say 'forget that' and do a WW show. Either way, it seems to get into the mystical or at least alien. I think that's a good way to introduce either into the universe, personally.

Yeah would like to see DC making a push for female and POC led superhero shows too. WW/Amazon tv show is unlikely now do to movies otherwise it was a good idea. Black Canary is already a big part of Arrow and her origins are similar to Oliver/Arrow, I dont think she needs a new show. Zatanna would be my pick for a Tv show, her show would also bring something new with the magic/mystic mythology. Dont know how, Constantine would affect the possibility of a Zatanna show though.

Also like the idea of Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes show, Cyborg/Victor stone is good too.

Agreed. Hawkgirl is great, but those wings, that's a deal breaker
Agree about wings. But who knows it could work.

Last edited:
I'm still wanting SHAZAM!. Now before you say, "That's hard with Constantine" it's really not. Constantine is a very dark character, and deals with the dark side of magic, more supernatural, paranormal stuff. Whereas SHAZAM! could deal with the lighter side and be more involved in the DCU, whereas Constantine should be more in line with his Vertigo title than anything in the DCU.

As for female leads, I do have a LOT of female characters in my SHAZAM! scripts, I have 25 so far, pretty sure I didn't mention that....or maybe I did, it's been a while.

Yeah, I don't think Constantine would crossover with SHAZAM too much, they are very different in what aspects of magic they deal with and how much.

I will say though, when I want a female lead, I want a female lead, not a major character supporting a male lead. Kinda the same way you'd feel about a Zatanna show where Billy Batson is a major character. It's not quite what you're looking for.

Assuming Constatine is not a problem, I'd love a Zatanna show which begins with her being a stage magician and the disappearance of her father, and her inheriting all his stuff, including his magical responsibilities to guard Hellmouth, for lack of a better term. She unlocks her Homo Magi elemental abilities and learns over time to learn her father's magic, the backwards speaking stuff. Supporting cast would include Detective Dale Colton, Detective Jim Corrigan (pre-Spectre at first!), store owner Cassandra Craft, assistant Misty Kilgore, and rival Dr. Thirteen. Set it in San Francisco, include Shadowcrest as her home, all that stuff.

I see your point DrCosmic, and I do hope that one day someone makes a DC show with a female lead (technically there's IZombie, but I don't count that).

Here's hoping both our dreams come true!

On that note, guess what happened? Stephen Amell was on FB today talking with fans, I asked him if he would nudge Marc Guggheim and Geoff Johns to sit down with me so I could pitch my SHAZAM! idea. Guess what he said?

"Too soon."

My response (at least here), NEVER!!!!

I will say though, when I want a female lead, I want a female lead, not a major character supporting a male lead. Kinda the same way you'd feel about a Zatanna show where Billy Batson is a major character. It's not quite what you're looking for.

I actually like the idea of Billy/Shazam being a supporting character in a Zatanna show or vice versa, depending on who gets a show, sometimes it might not be possible. Being a supporting character is better than nothing. And these lesser known heroes can use all the help they can get, sometimes two heroes are better than one.

Like a Zatanna/Shazam show or Blue Beetle/Booster Gold, Cyborg/Shazam show. Anyway I do want Individual led shows but if its too risky for networks, co lead shows could be a good alternative.

Assuming Constatine is not a problem, I'd love a Zatanna show which begins with her being a stage magician and the disappearance of her father, and her inheriting all his stuff, including his magical responsibilities to guard Hellmouth, for lack of a better term. She unlocks her Homo Magi elemental abilities and learns over time to learn her father's magic, the backwards speaking stuff. Supporting cast would include Detective Dale Colton, Detective Jim Corrigan (pre-Spectre at first!), store owner Cassandra Craft, assistant Misty Kilgore, and rival Dr. Thirteen. Set it in San Francisco, include Shadowcrest as her home, all that stuff.

Cool pitch, I dont know much about Zatanna except what I have seen in smallville and young justice. So it would be interesting to find out more in her own show.

"Too soon."
Really is that what he said, thats encouraging. I think he means they have to deal with The Flash first.

Last edited:
He literally said that to me on Facebook. And to an extent I agree it may be too soon....but that doesn't mean I'm not going to send my stuff to them. once Flash gets off the ground, they'll be hungry for another show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"