'What We Do in the Shadows' on FX

It was like the island of Dr. Moreau.
The fish was a funny surprise with his one line. Also all the creatures calling Guillermo daddy.

Yes yes, very well, thank you.

Well, I suppose it was just a matter of time before Nandor found out! But good thing he had Patton Oswalt to....convince him to change his mind, in a way that only Oswalt could. It was nice to briefly see Guillermo embrace the full vampire experience before realizing who he really is as a human. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Guillermo becoming human leaves the door open for Nandor to properly turn Guillermo himself.

Great to see the Guide get the spotlight for once in what felt like some hellish escape room. And I did smile at seeing Benedict Wong and Haley Joel Osmont back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just based on the fact that there’s still more show to be had, I
wouldn’t be surprised if Guillermo worked his way back around to wanting to be a vampire again, but this made sense for the moment. I remember thinking a few episodes back, when Guillermo was at his mom’s birthday and he kept getting distracted with the group ****ing around on TV, that he seemed pretty deep into “I’ve made a huge mistake” territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
They pulled another fast one on us with the finale. Just like last season.

Just based on the fact that there’s still more show to be had, I
wouldn’t be surprised if Guillermo worked his way back around to wanting to be a vampire again, but this made sense for the moment. I remember thinking a few episodes back, when Guillermo was at his mom’s birthday and he kept getting distracted with the group ****ing around on TV, that he seemed pretty deep into “I’ve made a huge mistake” territory.

I think I prefer
Guillermo staying human. I like how it basically turned out that Nandor knew all these years Guillermo wouldn't actually want to be a vampire. Nandor was looking out for him, while we always assumed he was just being a jerk about it.

I think this might have been my favorite season.

This tickled my funny bone.

Another great show ending. Guess it's good that it's not running endlessly, but at the same time, I can't say there's been a bad season and I would easily have taken more. Well, at least they know ahead of time and can end on their own terms.

Oh, well. At least it will go out strong instead of ending with a whimper. :(

It sucks that this show is ending, but it's better that WWDITS ends next year, rather than drag on for years like some other shows. (Even though every episode of this show has been excellent, in my opinion.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"