What would happen if Power Girl got an abortion?

WompuM

Esquire
Reaction score
I was thinking just now about Power Girl, and how it wouldn't seem out of her character if she got knocked up. Now, what if she chose to abort the child. Would she have to get some sort of kryptonite-abortion. Same goes for kara, say boomer knocks her up. Would the super-hero community allow this to happen? And if they interveened, wouldn't that mean that they would have to intervene with every abortion? Where does the JLA stand on this issue? Especially mr. red white and big blue himself superman. Someone as squeeky clean as him doesnt seem like the pro-choice type. Wonder Woman sure, but not supes. Would **** hit the fan if P.G. got p.g.?

Christ. That is cringe-worthy, especially after this weeks smallville. You catch that epi leaguer?

Superman is a methodist and as far as i know he is WAY against abortion..
But Batman strikes me as beeing ok with it so he could just slip on the kryptonite ring and go to town with punching her belly :p

Power Girl has gotten knocked up before.

Ah, mystical pregnancies. Always so much fun.

I was thinking just now about Power Girl, and how it wouldn't seem out of her character if she got knocked up. Now, what if she chose to abort the child. Would she have to get some sort of kryptonite-abortion. Same goes for kara, say boomer knocks her up. Would the super-hero community allow this to happen? And if they interveened, wouldn't that mean that they would have to intervene with every abortion? Where does the JLA stand on this issue? Especially mr. red white and big blue himself superman. Someone as squeeky clean as him doesnt seem like the pro-choice type. Wonder Woman sure, but not supes. Would **** hit the fan if P.G. got p.g.?

She was pregnant once. Her baby is pretty much the equivalent of baby May, it disappeared mysteriously.

As for her getting an abortion, all you have to do is put her under a red sun lamp and do it like you normally would; there's no need to almost kill a Kryptonian to get a fetus out of them. I don't think any of the heroes would intervene except to talk to her, I don't think any of them would go as far as force her to carry the child to term. After the whole mindwipe thing I doubt they would launch into another morally ambiguous situation like this and physically force someone to do something they don't want to.

Pro life voters would boycott DC and Time Warner

Assuming it got enough mainstream recognition for the Pro-Life voters to hear about it. And even if they did, it would be "Who's Power Girl?" unlike if say Wonder Woman were to get an abortion in the wonder woman movie.

She was pregnant once. Her baby is pretty much the equivalent of baby May, it disappeared mysteriously.

As for her getting an abortion, all you have to do is put her under a red sun lamp and do it like you normally would; there's no need to almost kill a Kryptonian to get a fetus out of them. I don't think any of the heroes would intervene except to talk to her, I don't think any of them would go as far as force her to carry the child to term. After the whole mindwipe thing I doubt they would launch into another morally ambiguous situation like this and physically force someone to do something they don't want to.

Of course they would launch into another morally ambiguous situation. DC needs a 'big event' for 2007. Prepare yourself for "Infinite Fetus".

Why would Power Girl get an abortion?
She'd want to keep the kid.
She's an adult, and I'd imagine the child would have some form of powers.
I'd like to see her have a kid actually.

Why would Power Girl get an abortion?
She'd want to keep the kid.
She's an adult, and I'd imagine the child would have some form of powers.
I'd like to see her have a kid actually.
yeah shes at at point now Post-OYL that she looks like she is ready to start a family and stuff.. that whole thing with learning her origin helped her alot.. and just look how shes babying Super**** in Kandor..

it whould be fun if Power Girl got a baby, but if she does.. then i think she needs to have a stedy relationship with the father.. there are enughf One parent familys in DC as it is..

yeah shes at at point now Post-OYL that she looks like she is ready to start a family and stuff.. that whole thing with learning her origin helped her alot.. and just look how shes babying Super**** in Kandor..

it whould be fun if Power Girl got a baby, but if she does.. then i think she needs to have a stedy relationship with the father.. there are enughf One parent familys in DC as it is..
I would like to see her settle down as well, but still be a superhero.
She needs her own series for this though.

what in the blue hell does this have to do with anything. goddmmit creeper comics make more sense than some of these freeking threads.
I think she would donate the fetus for stem cell research.

I think she'd eat the fetus. For no real particular reason. Other than hunger.

If Winnick's writing, she's already had two.

If Johns is writing, the act itself would create an anti-matter Powergirl and *KA-POW!* DC's next little-big event!

Time to grab the kryptonite coathanger.

Giving this two minutes of thought:

1. if she became pregnant,.... as one of four somewhat toward full Kryptonians on earth,... She would keep the child.

2. If she became pregnant,.. it would have to be by someone who's sperm is "mighty enough" to pierce the outer membrane of her eggs,..

3. If viable,.. the ONLY men in the DC Universe who could do this would be Strength / Invulnerability of Aquaman on up,....
(Not counting Kandor, The Phantom Zone, and the Future.)

It would NEVER happen,.. but I'd like to see Someone like Solomon Grundy or The Martian ManHunter Bust her cherry and put a bun in the oven,...

Who knocked PG up the first time, again? Or did they never explain?

Giving this two minutes of thought:

1. if she became pregnant,.... as one of four somewhat toward full Kryptonians on earth,... She would keep the child.

2. If she became pregnant,.. it would have to be by someone who's sperm is "mighty enough" to pierce the outer membrane of her eggs,..

3. If viable,.. the ONLY men in the DC Universe who could do this would be Strength / Invulnerability of Aquaman on up,....
(Not counting Kandor, The Phantom Zone, and the Future.)

It would NEVER happen,.. but I'd like to see Someone like Solomon Grundy or The Martian ManHunter Bust her cherry and put a bun in the oven,...

jimmy olson went to the golden globes. thats all i have to say

Actually while this thread seems like pure flame bait it does bring up an question I had.
Now that "superman has "soul-vision" How would DC portray his reaction to a possible abortion?
Now if he is in character, the man who doesn't even believe the Joker deserves the death penalty should be against it.
BUt then, so many people seem to allow thier morals to got he way of the Dodo when a fictional "right to choose" comes into play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"