• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What's Your Favorite Piece Of Final Battle Music From This Series?

VenomVsSpidey

Superhero
Reaction score
Is It Elfman's

Spider-Man 1 - Final Confrontation
Spider-Man 2 - Train/Appreciation

Or Young's

Spider-Man 2 : The Train Parts 1 & 2
Spider-Man 3 : Well...Let's Just Call This One Final Battle as Noone Knows Any Cue Names.

Love them all...but it's a battle between Elfman's "Train Appreciation" and the finale of Spider-Man 3.

Train/Appreciation for me.

webhead731, your avatar is slick :up:

i like 3's finale the best, with the 1st one being really enjoyable. though the 1st and second's score of the "film versions" on the promo scores are so much more complex and orchestrated. other than me has anyone heard these?

They were all fantastic, but I'd go with the Train/Appreciation. :up:

Also, I agree with Joker, webhead731. Your avatar rocks!

Of the 3 mentioned, the train fight and the following scene have the best score. The music during the runaway train sequence really serves to heighten the tension. I do have to say, though, that the most effective part of the final battle in the first movie was when GG was wailing on Spidey. It was largely unscored which let you hear every blow and every grunt or cry of pain.

I don't remember any of the songs, even though I watched them countless times.
But one moment that stuck with me was SM2's, when Spidey is on the crane after his final battle against Ock, looking one last time to MJ before leaving, with that beautiful melody playing. That is the best moment of the trilogy, imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLgY6f60CA

2:30-2:48

I remember being in the theatre and for that 15 second sequence, both music and blocking, I saw the character I had read about for so many years really come to life.

** One a side note, when I saw 00:52-00:57 in the finale SM2 trailer I totally thought they were going to do the death of Cpt. Stacey. Of course, this was before I knew the full cast**

so i called sony music, who directed me to sony classical, who directed me to columbia pictures, who directed me to the people whodo the marketing for the spider-man films and the guy said spiderman 3's score has virtually no chance of a release now that sm4 is in production.

DAMNIT

*cries, destroys stuff, turns green* :hulk:

BULL #^$!ING @%%^!!!!!!

That is garbage. I have a small, glimmer of hope that maybe that guy had no idea what he was talking about and just wanted off the phone. *crosses fingers*

Wouldn't the final battle music for Spider-Man 2 be "On the Case" and part of "Armageddon"?

Train/Appreciation was pretty awesome, but I love Final Confrontation.
I'm just a sucker for movie Goblin's leitmotif.
That strings run in the beginning, to the end of the first Green Goblin melody gives me chills.:gg::bomb:

That part was technically in the final battle royale of Spider-Man 3, but it was cut off and didn't have the same effect.

Last edited:
So there's no score for SM3 released?

I personally liked the whole Sandman theme that had two parts. There was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw

Full Clip - Sandman pt.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g7D8TgjT5g

1:04-1:47 The Black Suited Spider-Man

1:48-2:16 Sandman Pt.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cREK2eUR0

0:20-1:46 Venom

1:48-2:20 Two against One

3:49-4:27 The End of Spider-Man

4:45-7:00 Harry and Peter VS Venom and Sandman

The following I could not find clips for but are as follows:

When Harry attacks Peter in city Streets - The New Goblin

When Peter comfronts Harry at Mansion *jazz fight scene* - Rivals

**On yet another side note, I wish they had brought back Alex Ross to do the intro credits; not that they weren't well done in telling the story so far. Another interesting concept would be to have a new artist do the intro to each movie. John Romita Jr, Mark Bagley*my fav* and even Todd McFarlane *whom would be a cool nod if they had him do the intro for SM4 as he is the most well known Venom artist*

I personally thought Spider-Man 3 had the best opening sequence. ^

so i called sony music, who directed me to sony classical, who directed me to columbia pictures, who directed me to the people whodo the marketing for the spider-man films and the guy said spiderman 3's score has virtually no chance of a release now that sm4 is in production.

DAMNIT

Damn.:cmad:

I personally thought Spider-Man 3 had the best opening sequence. ^

It had a good opening sequence, but the music was dreadful IMO. Spider-Man 2 had the best sequence and music combined.

As far as the final battle goes I'll give it to Spider-Man 2 - Train/Appreciation

Really? I liked it. 1 and 2 had better tracks, but 3's was still consistent. It wasn't as powerful I don't think, 1 and 2 had it more.

The sound quality of SM3 didn't seem as clear as with 1 and 2, but imo the actual musicianship was pretty good.
Musically, I thought SM2 had the best version of the "Spider-Man Theme" in the opening titles, however I liked the villain break in SM3's opening.

I think my favorite bit in all three openings is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5Irvc4Je8

1:39-1:50ish. I've always thought that was great.
That's always been my favorite part.:spidey:
I also love 2:27-3:00. What exactly is the official name of that cue. I've always thought it was Peter Parker's theme, but I've seen people name it the Responsibility theme, Ben Parker's theme, or even just Parker theme.:huh:

Anyway, I really like that part so much and was disappointed by its absence in Spider-Man 3's Opening.:csad:
I love how the second-to-last note is a higher pitch than in Spider-Man 1's version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"