Your top 3 best/worst moments

The Good:

1. Harry VS Peter arial fight
2. Black suit's first scene
3. Peter smacking MJ, which was a proper way of showing how the suit changed him

The Bad:

1. Emo peter dancing
2. The butler scene
3. Battle Royale

The Good:

1. Harry VS Peter arial fight
2. Black suit's first scene
3. Peter smacking MJ, which was a proper way of showing how the suit changed him
The Bad:

1. Emo peter dancing
2. The butler scene
3. Battle Royale
This was obviously directed at me. All I know is they had a superhero hit a woman. Shame on them for doing it, and shame on you for being ok with it.

best:
Black Spidey (I said Spidey, not Parker)
all the fights (specially the sewer battle), except the battle royal.
Bruce Campbell scene

worst:
MJ - she was damn annoying
Butler explanation
Sandman being the killer of Uncle Ben.

Thing is, he may be struggling for a good cause but he's still just a thug and Spider-Man was the only nuisance that stood between him and the money for his daughter, so he decided the simpler course of action - kill him. Not to mention that black spidey could've just as well killed Sandman himself. So Flint decided, if Spidey is willing to end his life, then it’s only fair to treat him the same way. He makes impulsive decisions, he doesn’t rationalise them, that’s why he’s the villain. Yet at the end he finally decides for the better.

Otherwise I agree on everything else.

Ok, so why did Spider-Man just let him go then? And you really think he went from "I KILL YA!" to "I'm sorry Mr. Spidey-man....:csad:"? Because he did. It was bad writing.

This was obviously directed at me. All I know is they had a superhero hit a woman. Shame on them for doing it, and shame on you for being ok with it.

I don't really see the problem here. He was under the influence of the symbiote. Heck, days before he killed Sandman, or at least thought he did. And he threw a bomb back into his friend's face. Hitting MJ wasn't even on purpose. He was already knocking a couple other people down when she suddenly approached him from behind and he simply reacted.

I don't really see the problem here. He was under the influence of the symbiote.

So if a driver is "under the influence" of alcohol and kills someone you don't think they should be held responsible?

You do remember the end of the movie right? Peter actually says something about always having a choice to do what's right, taking responsibility for your actions.

And he threw a bomb back into his friend's face.
Yes, but the key word you said was "BACK" at his face. He threw a bomb BACK at a super powered beings face who he was fighting with. He threw a bomb BACK at a guy who was attacking him from behind. He threw a bomb BACK at a GUY.

Not a woman simply saying "Peter stop".

They could have shown that the alien was taking over without showing the hero hit a woman. They could have simply shown him holding the guy up by the throat and MJ saying "Peter Stop!" Or show him about to punch the crap out of one of the bouncers. With him hitting a woman, alot of the audience turned against Peter. He wasn't much of a hero anymore.

Ok, so why did Spider-Man just let him go then? And you really think he went from "I KILL YA!" to "I'm sorry Mr. Spidey-man....:csad:"? Because he did. It was bad writing.
That’s why I consider it to be the most controversial scene in any Spider-Man movie and that’s why it’s my 2nd favorite SM3 scene (if you go back and check ;) ). There are not many superheroes who have the power to see potential for good in a villain and forgive them, give them a clean slate, against all public opinion.
Sandman was constantly going from noble emotional goal to impulsive irrationality because he didn’t know better. Spider-Man gave him a break. Flint deserved it, at least once, for he held back on ‘killing him’ when Spidey defeated Venom. And he was like a metaphor for the little devil on his shoulder. With him gone, he lost his motivation to do evil.

Yes, but the key word you said was "BACK" at his face. He threw a bomb BACK at a super powered beings face who he was fighting with. He threw a bomb BACK at a guy who was attacking him from behind. He threw a bomb BACK at a GUY.
It wasn’t about ‘self defense’, if that’s what your implying. Peter could’ve redirected the bomb with his web anywhere else. It was very much unlike Spidey to carelessly throw it back at the villain, risking his life, much like in the battle with the Sandman. He was out of control, he wanted to finish them, not just stop them.

They could have shown that the alien was taking over without showing the hero hit a woman.
But that would’ve been much less effective now, wouldn’t it? ;)

With him hitting a woman, alot of the audience turned against Peter. He wasn't much of a hero anymore.
Exactly why the very next scene in queue was the church scene. It was the perfect time to get rid of the ‘evil’ symbiote suit.
The way you tell it, it’s funny how people were generally ‘ok’ with Spidey possibly murdering not one but two people, just because they supposedly ‘deserved’ it. But when Peter hit MJ it was such a big no-no. There was a pattern actually - Spidey almost murdered Sandman, then Peter almost murdered his friend Harry, while both using superpowers, then Peter hit MJ. Notice as it went down from the superhero persona till finally surfacing and ‘infecting’ his ‘normal’ life as well.
For one, all three cases (and aspecialy the last one) can be seen as a parallel to Sandman - Flint did not mean to shoot Uncle Ben, he reacted on his worst judgment - his impulsiveness, a moment of fright. Just like Spidey/Peter reacted in his moment of rage.
And then some people can understand that all three situations were under the influence of the symbiote. Yes, Peter was under a bad ‘influence’ and then he got rid of it when realizing what harm it had done, that’s the moral of the story. But why are you making woman hitting such a taboo all of sudden?

That’s why I consider it to be the most controversial scene in any Spider-Man movie and that’s why it’s my 2nd favorite SM3 scene (if you go back and check ;) ). There are not many superheroes who have the power to see potential for good in a villain and forgive them, give them a clean slate, against all public opinion.
Sandman was constantly going from noble emotional goal to impulsive irrationality because he didn’t know better. Spider-Man gave him a break. Flint deserved it, at least once, for he held back on ‘killing him’ when Spidey defeated Venom. And he was like a metaphor for the little devil on his shoulder. With him gone, he lost his motivation to do evil.
I can see this.

It wasn’t about ‘self defense’, if that’s what your implying. Peter could’ve redirected the bomb with his web anywhere else. It was very much unlike Spidey to carelessly throw it back at the villain, risking his life, much like in the battle with the Sandman. He was out of control, he wanted to finish them, not just stop them.
He threw a razor bat back at Harry earlier in the movie...:huh:

But that would’ve been much less effective now, wouldn’t it? ;)
I suppose not.

Exactly why the very next scene in queue was the church scene. It was the perfect time to get rid of the ‘evil’ symbiote suit.
The way you tell it, it’s funny how people were generally ‘ok’ with Spidey possibly murdering not one but two people, just because they supposedly ‘deserved’ it. But when Peter hit MJ it was such a big no-no. There was a pattern actually - Spidey almost murdered Sandman, then Peter almost murdered his friend Harry, while both using superpowers, then Peter hit MJ. Notice as it went down from the superhero persona till finally surfacing and ‘infecting’ his ‘normal’ life as well.
For one, all three cases (and aspecialy the last one) can be seen as a parallel to Sandman - Flint did not mean to shoot Uncle Ben, he reacted on his worst judgment - his impulsiveness, a moment of fright. Just like Spidey/Peter reacted in his moment of rage.
And then some people can understand that all three situations were under the influence of the symbiote. Yes, Peter was under a bad ‘influence’ and then he got rid of it when realizing what harm it had done, that’s the moral of the story. But why are you making woman hitting such a taboo all of sudden?
Well it became taboo about the time women were looked at as equals and other than just possessions.

He threw a razor bat back at Harry earlier in the movie...:huh:
Sure, but one can argue that a razor is not such an apparent lethal weapon as opposed to an actual bomb, especially in two different situations - Harry in an armoured suit, able to defend himself and Harry lying on the floor, tiered and out of his breath.

Well it became taboo about the time women were looked at as equals and other than just possessions.
And that’s fine, I myself look down upon people who merry out of convenience rather than love, like MJ was about to in SM2, but I don’t see how that can be worse than two whole murder attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"