Your top 3 best/worst moments

Venom75

Sidekick
Reaction score
As I sit here,watching the film now,I was wondering what everyone's top 3 best and worst moments from Spider-man 3 are. I'll start...

The Best....

1. The fall of Peter Parker/Rise of Venom: From the moment when Peter strikes MJ to Venom leaping at the camera,was a dream come true(being a huge Venom fanboy). That whole scene was dark and was exactly how I expected it to be. The true highlight of not only the film,but the series.

2. Spidey gets the black suit:I loved that little tribute to the 90's cartoon with Spidey hanging off the side of a building,confused as to where he is and how he got the new suit. An iconic image,to say the least. The music was perfect. I only wish the scene was a bit longer.

3. Spider-man...meet Venom: The line Venom says to Spidey after kicking him through the taxi cab window is priceless and still gives me chills..."Hey,Parker." Just seeing these two iconic foes meet for the first time was awesome! Of course,we never did get to see the epic battle we all wanted...:csad:

The Worst...

1. Venom's death: Seriously,I'm a HUGE Venom fanatic. Seeing him only get 7-10 minutes of screen time and then blown up? Um,yeah,I didn't like that. Still don't. Although I will say it was the most spectacular death of the series,but still.

2. The Butler did it: I think you all know what I mean. Having Harry's butler come from nowhere with that explanation? It was weird and it was sloppy writing. I guess I could also add Venom teaming up with Sandman as well,to sloppy writing. I mean,Venom would never team up with anyone and even if he did,why would Marko suddenly just trust this monster whom he'd never met before?

3. Giant Sandman: Seeing Sandman as big as Godzilla would've been fine for a few minutes,I guess,but seeing him like that for the entire final battle kinda wasted Thomas Hayden Church. It would've been way better to see a normal sized Sandman forming weapons from his arms and battling Spider-man,as in the comics.

Top 3 Best: :yay:

1. Black Suit Spidey revealed. The music, the confusion, the power. Awesome.

2. The ending scene with Peter/MJ is nice tender moment without being overly dramatic. It was perfect.

3. The first Peter Vs. Harry fight. A truly excellent action sequence, almost as good as the train sequence in SM2.

Top 3 WORST:

1. Harry and MJ do some 50's dancing to the tune of...Something...Awful.

2. Peter Parker on full idiot mode is unleashed on the streets of New York with disastrous results.

3. The Battle Royale, the climatic final battle in the film, is interrumpted ever so often with bad comedy, bad acting, cheesy lines, dinosaur sounds, eh, you get the idea :csad:

Top 3 Best

1. Peter slingshotting the bomb back at Harry. Very rare badass moment in the entire movie.

2. Venom doing his scream thing after Sandman punched him.

3. Venom beating the hell out of Spiderman.

Top 3 Worst.

1. The dance thing.

2. MJ being in the movie.

3. MJ having lines and Aunt May's long speech about marriage before the Harry/Peter fight.

Top 3 Best:

1) The Birth Of Sandman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw

2) 1st scene of Peter in the full Black suit

3) Symbiote Spidey vs Sandman in the sewer

Top 3 Worst:

1) Peter's dance number in the jazz club. I appreciate Raimi's humor, but "strutting Peter" was more than enough. Then the jazz club scene was complete overkill, although Peter vs the bouncers WAS a cool scene.

2) MJ's constant whining

3) No final swing at the end

Best:

1. Birth of the Sandman
2. When Harry remembers what has happened to him
3. Peter takes off the suit/Birth of Venom

Worst:

1. Butler scene
2. Sandman & Venom team up scene (was a bit conveniant...could have had a better scene for it)
3. Since there really isn't a third scene I dislike (my other critiques come from what the movie didn't have), I guess Symbiote landing on Earth. It is a bit conveniant, but doesn't bother me much.

Best:

1. Birth of Sandman
2. Black suit Spidey vs Sandman in the subway
3. Peter vs Harry in the Osborn mansion

Worst:

1. Dancing/strutting emo haired Peter
2. What the butler saw
3. Any scenes with Venom

Best

1) Bell Tower Sequence- From Spider-Man struggling with the symbiote, to the birth of Venom. It brought me back to the early beginnings of my Venom obsession.

2) Birth of Sandman- Wonderful scene full of CGI goodness and music.

3) Peter vs Harry- The battle at the Osborn mansion, truly a good old fashioned fist fight.

Worst

1) Thrusting of the Pelvis- Unacceptable.

2) Spider-Man Day- Cringe Worthy, especially the SHAZAM! Truly unacceptable.

3) Mary Jane whining about every damn thing that went wrong.

Best

Worst

1) Thrusting of the Pelvis- Unacceptable.

C'mon, Arc...you KNOW you love it!

WTF-7.gif

:cwink: (j/k)

Best:
-Sandman’s birth
-Sandman’s ending
-Harry Osborn

Worst:
-Spider-Man Day
-Spidey kissing Gwen
-Kirsten Dunst

Best:

-Sandman (in general, just loved his character in this movie)
-Harry Osborn (from the amnesia to the villainy, it's "so good")
-Cathedral scene (though the visuals weren't great for the symbiote, it was a lot of fun)

Worst:

-The reporters, kids, etc. at the climax.
-The cramming of the climax.
-The overall climax.

Best:

-Birth of Sandman
-Subway battle
-Symbiote attaching to Spider-Man's suit

Worst:

-That god awful reporter during the climax....just terrible.
-The team up of Sandman and Venom...didn't buy it
-Every scene Mary Jane was in annoyed me.

Best-
1. Church Scene With Peter & Brock
2. Spidey Hanging From The Building
3. Peter & New Goblin 1st Fight

Worst-
1. Venom's Look
2. Spidey Stoping In Front Of The Cliché American Flags
3. Ending

BEST:
1. The 1st Peter/Harry fight, probably the best fight in the whole movie [long & well choreographed].
2. The church scene when Peter loses the suit & Venom is born.
3. Sandman's birth.

WORST:
1. Harry/MJ dancing & cooking, totally unnecesary.
2. Excesive Peter dancing on the street.
3. The lack of explanation for Brock's knowledge about Peter: about MJ & where she lived, the "spider-sense" & "tiger" lines, & about Sandman having a family.

Best:
1.) When Harry and Spidey team up against Venom and Sandman, i thought that was cool, i love team up movies.
2.) Harry vs Peter in the sky, finally, a fight in the air, thats a first for a superhero movie, well, back in 2007.
3.)The visual effects for the movie, outstanding.

Worst:
1.) Gwen, idk, i just didn't care for her.
2.) Harrys butler decides to tell him then, that his father was a maniac, wow, great time to tell him
3.) Eddie, going into church, asking God too kill someone, wow thats nice.

Best: (4)
Sandman battle while surfing on a door
Midair battle with Harry
Discovery of black suit while hanging upside-down
Catching Gwen

Worst:
That Spider-Man actually hit Mary Jane

BEST:

3. The lack of explanation for Brock's knowledge about Peter: about MJ & where she lived, the "spider-sense" & "tiger" lines, & about Sandman having a family.

Agreed. This always drove me crazy.

Worst:
Hmm, now I don't see why people are so bitter about that. It was just an accident. Sure it was 'shocking' and had consequences but it's not like Peter intended to hit her. If he did she'd probably be dead or in a coma...:oldrazz:

And, come on, is that all you could come up with for worse parts?

best
1. Birth of Venom(although ign had a clip of the whole thing before the friggin movie came out)
2. the Black suit beginning
3. Harry vs Peter mansion fight!

worst
1. Hairspray like dancing
2. Reporter, kids, and Harry and Peters teamup(i liked the teamup...but it was over the top corny "Go get her buddy!")
3. Sandman and Brock being screwed on screentime

Best

1. The birth of Sandman
  2. Spider-Man in the black suit, hanging upside down
  3. The sequence of Venom yanking Spidey by his head and beating his ass

Worst

1. Every scene of evil Parker with emo hair. Especially the dance.
  2. Whiney MJ
  3. Venom's Velociraptor screech

Best:

1) The Birth of Venom sequence (get chills every time I see that scene! ^_^)
2) Venom killing Harry (I know, a little morbid, but Venom did what no other villain in the Spidey movies did before: killing a major character! ^_^ )
3) Sandman's origin sequence (the music's perfect...the scenario's perfect...)
**Oh, and, of course, the Bruce Campell's scene**

Worst:

1) The Butler knows all!:hehe:
2) MJ nitpicks too much...
3) Uh...not really sure...I really liked this one! ^_^

Best:

1. The birth of Venom (awesome)

2. Spidey vs Sandman in the subway

3. Eddie Brock (Topher Grace wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be.)

Worst:

1. The entire scene with Mary Jane and Harry dancing and cooking...give me a break.

2. Peter strutting through the streets of New York making idiotic poses.

3. Mary Jane

Hmm, now I don't see why people are so bitter about that. It was just an accident. Sure it was 'shocking' and had consequences but it's not like Peter intended to hit her. If he did she'd probably be dead or in a coma...:oldrazz:

And, come on, is that all you could come up with for worse parts?

I hated Peter's hair when he had the black suit on. It looked terrible.

I'll tell you what bugged me though. Harry throws MJ against a wall and says something like go break up with Peter or I'll kill him! She's then alone with Peter long enough to break up with him but I guess not long enough to say "HEY! HARRY IS CRAZY AND WANTS ME TO BREAK UP WITH YOU! YOU'RE A SUPERHERO SO GO KICK HIS BUTT! HE'S RIGHT BEHIND ME!"

Not to mention it's beat into our heads that Sandman isn't really a killer but just a misunderstood fella. Not a bad person, just a guy with bad luck. Then Venom comes along and says "Hey! Let's kill Spider-Man!" And then he's just like "ok" :whatever:

Not to mention it's beat into our heads that Sandman isn't really a killer but just a misunderstood fella. Not a bad person, just a guy with bad luck. Then Venom comes along and says "Hey! Let's kill Spider-Man!" And then he's just like "ok" :whatever:
Thing is, he may be struggling for a good cause but he's still just a thug and Spider-Man was the only nuisance that stood between him and the money for his daughter, so he decided the simpler course of action - kill him. Not to mention that black spidey could've just as well killed Sandman himself. So Flint decided, if Spidey is willing to end his life, then it’s only fair to treat him the same way. He makes impulsive decisions, he doesn’t rationalise them, that’s why he’s the villain. Yet at the end he finally decides for the better.

Otherwise I agree on everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"