Where does Transformers rank for all time comic book movies?

Astrodust

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just curious how you guys felt Transformers ranks against the best comic book movies. The one thing that I was aware of after just finishing watching Transformers was how I could of gone and watched it again right there. So much happens onscreen that you never catch everything. It's pure eye candy. Here's my list:

1. Superman The Movie
2. Transformers
3. Superman 2
4. Batman Begins
5. Spiderman

30. Superman Returns

1.Batman Begins
2.Spiderman 2
3.Transformers

All else is not worthy

I don´t even think of it as comic book movie

1. batman begins
2. superman 2
3. batman
4. superman tm
5. transformerz

Above Superman 3 & 4 as well as X-Men, but no where near the top.

Superman The Movie
Transformers

The only comicbook-adaptions that has a 10/10 in my book.

1. Spider-man 2
2. Batman Begins
30. Transformers

I´m sorry, but I´m NEVER going to consider Transformers a "comic book movie". To me that expression refers to movies who´re based on characters and stories ORIGINALLY from comics. Transformers started as a toy line, then it was a cartoon, THEN it was a comic book. Almost any big property has some spin-off comic book series, so in that case Star Wars and Star Trek movies would be considered "comic book movies" too.

I open a couple of exceptions to something like Conan, cuz the character is even more well-known as a comic character than as a literature character. But let´s face it, most of us know Transformers first and foremost from the toys and cartoon.

I´m sorry, but I´m NEVER going to consider Transformers a "comic book movie". To me that expression refers to movies who´re based on characters and stories ORIGINALLY from comics. Transformers started as a toy line, then it was a cartoon, THEN it was a comic book. Almost any big property has some spin-off comic book series, so in that case Star Wars and Star Trek movies would be considered "comic book movies" too.

I open a couple of exceptions to something like Conan, cuz the character is even more well-known as a comic character than as a literature character. But let´s face it, most of us know Transformers first and foremost from the toys and cartoon.

The comic was in conjunction with the cartoon. The comics are wildly popular even til today. Quite different from a spin off.

its not a comic book movie to me... so i dont

That's like considering Masters of the Universe a comic book movie.

Weren't a lot of the original character bios and descriptions WRITTEN by guys from Marvel comics (ala GI JOE?)??

If so...then it's comic...and if you put it next to other "Marvel" derived films, it ranks at the very top;)

The comic was in conjunction with the cartoon. The comics are wildly popular even til today. Quite different from a spin off.

Still, they were originally created as a toy line, and ask anyone where do you know Transformers from, 90% will say, "the toys and the cartoon". Of course most average Joes may know Batman from movies and cartoons, but he was created as a comics character.

Still, they were originally created as a toy line, and ask anyone where do you know Transformers from, 90% will say, "the toys and the cartoon".

What people know and what is actual truth are two different things. The comics are very prevalent and like I said, a little more than a "spin off".

What people know and what is actual truth are two different things. The comics are very prevalent and like I said, a little more than a "spin off".
Okay, I´m not saying the comics are irrelevant, but they´re not relevant enough to make this a "comic book movie" IMO.

Since I have better judgment than all of you Hypesters put together :cwink:

Here’s my top 10 list :woot:

1- Spiderman 2
2- Superman the movie and X men 2
3- Spiderman 3 and transformers
4- X men 3
5- Blade 2
6- Superman 2
7- X men 1
8- Blade 1
9- Conan the barbarian
10-Ghostrider

What!?
No place for Batman Begins?!
shhh! Sorry brat fans beside I’d favor batman and robin first :csad:

As your opinion that's fine. Did you read the comics?

I read it regularly as a kid for a while, but I wasn´t that passionate about it. My big eighties cartoon passion was Thundercats. But I won´t call it a "comic book movie" either if they make one.

IMHO: Spider-Man II remains the best, but TF was good as Batman Begins.

Since Transformers was not originally a comic book, I'm not going to consider it a comic book film.

Transformers is as much a comicbook movie as James Bond and Speed Racer are...that is, not at all. But they can't really call it Pop Culture Icon Hype, can they?

It's a toy movie. It's #1 at that. but for the hell of it...

Spider-Man 2
X2: X-Men United
Spider-Man
Transformers
Batman Begins

1. Spider-man 2
2. Batman Begins
30. Transformers

I agree.. Spidey is up top, and there is no way people should have TF above it, or not even have Spidey on the list.. I hate it when fans just support their fan favorite.. Like TF fans saying "Transformers is the best comicbook movie ever!"

It's a toy movie. It's #1 at that.

Heh, that´s one way to look at that. I don´t mean any criticism or disrespect by saying it´s not a comic book movie, I just don´t think it´s accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"