Where does Transformers rank for all time comic book movies?

The thing is I enjoyed the cartoon, but I love the comics better, it was the comics that gave it more depth. I'm not so sure you can single out the cartoon as the base for this movie because some characterisations from the comics did come out in the movie, although very minor. I'd say the comics shared the influence with the cartoon IMO.

Since I have better judgment than all of you Hypesters put together :cwink:

Here’s my top 10 list :woot:

1- Spiderman 2
2- Superman the movie and X men 2
3- Spiderman 3 and transformers
4- X men 3
5- Blade 2
6- Superman 2
7- X men 1
8- Blade 1
9- Conan the barbarian
10-Ghostrider

What!?
No place for Batman Begins?!
shhh! Sorry brat fans beside I’d favor batman and robin first
:csad:

Haha, the sad thing is that had you had sense, not one person on the face of the planet can deny that Batman Begins was not a better made film than Batman & Robin. A person with "better judgment" has no time for bias.

:down

1.bb
2.transformers
3.sm1+2
4.Xmen 1+2
5.Sin City +300
6.hellboy
7.SM3
8.FF
9.B'89
10.BR

no prob :) its mighty fine. I almost put League of Extrodinary Gentlemen in its place tho.

1. transformers
2. BB
3. 300
4. X2
5. A History of Violence
6. DD Directors Cut
7. Road to Perdition
8. Blade 2
9. Spider-Man
10. Sin City

In no particular order, and more than 10... so sue me.

Batman Begins
Road to Perdition
Spider-Man
Hellboy
Transformers
X-Men
A History of Violence
Constantine
Sin City
Batman 89
V for Vendetta
American Splendor

1. transformers
2. BB
3. 300
4. X2
5. A History of Violence
6. DD Directors Cut
7. Road to Perdition
8. Blade 2
9. Spider-Man
10. Sin City

wha? DD and Blade 2 above Spider-man? wow.

DD Director's cut was actually pretty good. Not better than Spidey, but yeah.

i liked DD ok. i give it a C+ for trying.

The thing is I enjoyed the cartoon, but I love the comics better, it was the comics that gave it more depth. I'm not so sure you can single out the cartoon as the base for this movie because some characterisations from the comics did come out in the movie, although very minor. I'd say the comics shared the influence with the cartoon IMO.

I agree...they did not use any comic influence for this movie hence I don't consider it a comic movie. I was just trying to inform/correct people who thought the comics were an afterthought/spin off of the cartoons.

Transformers is closer to a SuperHero Movie than just comic, thus its place in the Hype IMO (i really dont know why James Bond is here, but hey i like the movies so... anyways). TF I would put in the Alien invasion/robot takeover/Dinosaur, movies you just have ahellovalotfun watching, SciFi Blockbuster category, so movies I would rank it among are...

1. Terminator 2
2. Jurassic Park
3. Transformers
4. Independence day

Alien/Predator movies are rated R for the most part and are closer to horror so they wouldnt be here either... but yea cant think of any others now...

Transformers isn't a comic book adaption.

Besides,even if it were,it has so much "rewatchable" value compared to all the Marvel crap and Superman Returns.

This is the best damn comic-book movie i've ever seen in my life.

And the best episode of transformers g1 ever.

Well, who have you heard going around saying, "Transformers is teh bestest..._____ SUCKS compared to them!!"

Dark Lord has said "I'm a 100% sure Transformers will be a better movie."
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=276144&page=3

Warhammer said "Money is of no concern to me.
My only concern is that Transformers is a quality movie compared to that insignificant piece of trash called Spider-Man 3." (When the thread was actually about money)
Same page as above.. (and I thought I liked Warhammer)

There was more, but I'm not wasting my time searching threads..:o

1. Batman Begins
2. Transformers
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Hellboy
5. The Punisher
6. X-Men
7. X-Men 2
8. Spider-Man
9. Sin City
10. Batman Returns

Warhammer said "Money is of no concern to me.
My only concern is that Transformers is a quality movie compared to that insignificant piece of trash called Spider-Man 3." (When the thread was actually about money)
Same page as above.. (and I thought I liked Warhammer)

I never said that Transformers was going to be better than Spider-Man 3, nor did I put any bias on it. I implied that I definitely wanted it to be a better film than Spider-Man 3. When I said "money is of no concern to me", I was talking about how much money Transformers ended up earning (because I am certain that it won't be earning nearly as much as Spider-Man 3, by a longshot). This goes back to my opinion that films that are actually quality films deserve to make astounding numbers at the box office, something that I've been saying like a broken record for the past couple of months.

I never said that Transformers was going to be better than Spider-Man 3, nor did I put any bias on it. I implied that I definitely wanted it to be a better film than Spider-Man 3. When I said "money is of no concern to me", I was talking about how much money Transformers ended up earning (because I am certain that it won't be earning nearly as much as Spider-Man 3, by a longshot). This goes back to my opinion that films that are actually quality films deserve to make astounding numbers at the box office, something that I've been saying like a broken record for the past couple of months.
I agree with you there. But the top part I don't understand.. I mean you did call it crap. But I don't care, I was proving a point to Nosebleed.:woot:

I just said it because Spider-Man 3 was just a terrible movie/letdown, IMO. :csad:

...Now Weyseed was the one who posted that hilarious Starscream gif and said the jets were Spider-Man 3.

I didn't mind SM3...but then again I haven't been really hyped for SM since I was let down with SM1. REALLY let down...that day sucked.

Actually I don't know. I'm not as huge of a James Bond fan so I don't know how prevalent the comics were. But I AM a huge Transformers fan and I am informing YOU that the Transformer comics CO-EXISTED with the cartoon and are just as prevalent to Transformer history. So if you didn't know before...know you know.

This can be handled in 2 ways.

"If you don't know, well now you know".

"If you don't know, you better axx sumbody"

:word: :woot: :trans:

Well if we are saying all Comic Book movies (as in non-superhero as well) I'd say it doesn't crack the top 10, maybe not even my top 20, I'll list:

1. Spider-Man 2: Perfection
2. Batman Begins
3. V For Vendetta
4. Batman (1989)
5. Spider-Man
6. X2
7. Superman: The Movie
8. A History of Violence
9. X-Men
10. A Road to Perdition
11. Batman Returns
12. Spider-Man 3