Which is your favorite lord of the rings film and why

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
Okay The lord of the rings trilogy is one of the greatest cinematic sagas ever, we all know that. But as good as the whole story is, it is still divided into three films, Now The purpose of the thread is for you to say which is your favorite and specialy why. You can put any reason that represents your real opinion on your choice and we can have a nice discussion of why the one we choosed is the best for us.

superkong 500 said:
Now The purpose of the thread is for you to say which is your favorite and specialy why.

LOL

I love that you've explained it.

My favourite is Fellowship. It's my favourite movie. It has a magic, fantasy quality that the others lack. The story of nine individuals on an incredibly tough quest is just so enthralling. Plus it's more of an adventure movie, whereas the other two are based around huge battles.

Don't get me wrong, I luuuuuuurve Return of the King, and The Two Towers is a superb movie (but the weakest of the trio).

Fellowship has an advantage though, because it was made to work as a stand alone movie, wheras the others were not.

This is hard but Kevin kind of sum it up pretty well.
I own them all but I find myself watching" The Fellowship" the most often and reciting lines. :O
I'll be going with Fellowship,I'm all about adventure.

Kevin Roegele said:
LOL

I love that you've explained it.

My favourite is Fellowship. It's my favourite movie. It has a magic, fantasy quality that the others lack. The story of nine individuals on an incredibly tough quest is just so enthralling. Plus it's more of an adventure movie, whereas the other two are based around huge battles.

Don't get me wrong, I luuuuuuurve Return of the King, and The Two Towers is a superb movie (but the weakest of the trio).

Fellowship has an advantage though, because it was made to work as a stand alone movie, wheras the others were not.

Well yea I explained it cause you know how some responses are around here, just protocol you know. Well coincidence is that fellowship happens to also be my favorite. i think the magic misticysm quality is has to it is overwhelming in a good way of course. and I think fellowship is the best paced of the three. And maybe some will think this is weird but for me fellowship has the best action scenes of the three. I love the other two specially return of the king, but here the fight scenes are more real, more personal, we actually get more of the main heroes here than in the other ones.Plus who cannot love that climactic fight between aragorn and lurtz(specialy the last head chopping blow from aragorn:woot: )

The Return of the King. It seemed the most epic to me, and it had the best action sequences.

All of them of course, but if I picked one: Fellowship. Just for being what it was, different, spectacular...something we had never even remotely seen before. :up:

superkong 500 said:
nd maybe some will think this is weird but for me fellowship has the best action scenes of the three.

:up: Agreed. When it's just the Fellowship fighting, every shot is dramatic and you care about all the combatants. In the huge battle scenes of the other movies, you have less emotional investment in the good guy soldiers. That's not to say none, but it's more exciting when you're watching; Aragorn almost gets beheaded - Legolas shoots a guy just before he can kill him - Frodo avoids the Cave Troll! Rather than; Aragorn chops down an orc! An orc chops down a human! A human chops down an orc!

The final battle in Fellowship - especially the Extended version - is the best in the series. I watched it repeatedly when I purchased the DVD.

Kevin Roegele said:
:up: Agreed. When it's just the Fellowship fighting, every shot is dramatic and you care about all the combatants. In the huge battle scenes of the other movies, you have less emotional investment in the good guy soldiers. That's not to say none, but it's more exciting when you're watching; Aragorn almost gets beheaded - Legolas shoots a guy just before he can kill him - Frodo avoids the Cave Troll! Rather than; Aragorn chops down an orc! An orc chops down a human! A human chops down an orc!

The final battle in Fellowship - especially the Extended version - is the best in the series. I watched it repeatedly when I purchased the DVD.

Yes exactly, in fellowship you had also more time with the main guys fighting and doing cool a ction stuff, in the other films because there where so many people in the armies most of the time our heroes time frame was cut down heavily, and the rest was cgi shots of armies crashing into one another. Of course that's not to say that i didn't like it, its just that in fellowship I saw aragorn chopping so many heads( the coolest thing he does) and legolas firing arrows like a machine gun(in the last battle) and gimpli throwing axes. Then in the other films you had so many people it was not the same. if I had the change to change one thing, specially in the final battle of ROTK in the black gates it would be: that I would add more shots of aragor,n legolas and gimly (separately) doing the best thing each of them does specially since after that we don't see them fight anymore:csad: .

Kevin perfectly summed up my reason for choosing Fellowship.

Fellowship obviously...

...it's the only one where we see McKellen vs. Lee.

A classic battle. :yay:

Fellowship, for all the exact reasons that have allready been stated.

FotR. It captures perfectly the adventure spirit and I love the ending of the film. It's so beautiful and leaves everything open.

I love them all equally, which is why I chose all three. It would be a cardinal sin in my honest opinion to only select one.

All three are masterpieces.

I will say Return of the King is by far, the most emotional out of the trilogy and has a lot of scenes that are very moving, powerful, beautiful, and contain some great acting.

My favorite scene or maybe I should say scenes in Return of the King are as follows:

1. After Frodo is stabbed by Shelob, Sam appears and fights Shelob thus showing his bravery and loyalty to Frodo once again. I love the end quote as he is holding a comatose Frodo in his arms, "Don't go where I can't follow."

2. The Charge of the Rohirrim

3. Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas entering into the Paths of the Dead.

4. Sam holding Frodo on Mount Doom. The music is slowly building and the acting between Astin and Wood is amazing. Why Astin didn't get nominated for best supporting actor is beyond me. Seriously, who didn't tear up or cry when Sam says "Come on Mr. Frodo! I can't carry it for you! But I can carry you!"

5. The Grey Havens. :csad: I seriously had a hard time holding back the tears with Frodo leaving. I knew it would happen since I read the book, however, it was still beautiful to see on the big screen.

Obviously there are more brilliant scenes in Return of the King. Those are the ones that stand out to me the most, but as a whole the film is brilliant and is a masterpiece.

All three are great for different reasons and have their own faults.

Two Towers was the best cinematic experience for me. I watched Fellowship the most times when it came out. Despite its faults, Return of the King is probably my overall favourite but there's little difference in the quality of the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"