The Dark Knight Rises Which movie had Bale's best Performance?

Cool topic.

Rises for me. I just felt the strongest emotional attachment to his character there, and he had way better chemistry with Anne than he did with Katie and Maggie. I feel like it really rounded-off his character well and gave him some more dimension. In short Bale's performance in TDKR got me to root for a happy ending for Batman, something I never quite anticipated.

Cool topic.

Rises for me. I just felt the strongest emotional attachment to his character there, and he had way better chemistry with Anne than he did with Katie and Maggie. I feel like it really rounded-off his character well and gave him some more dimension. In short Bale's performance in TDKR got me to root for a happy ending for Batman, something I never quite anticipated.

This.

Hm. Tough. Bale was underrated in TDK but this was between BB and TDKR for me. While I felt like he had more to do in BB, I felt that the he had more "highs" and there were more range of emotions in TDKR so I'll go with TDKR. It's pretty close though.

The Dark Knight Rises. It was cheesy, but seeing him climb out of the "cave" again was moving for me

I dont see how it was cheesy. It was a very epic and moving scene.

I'm giving TDK my vote because he's so underrated in it.

I'm giving TDK my vote because he's so underrated in it.

lol, thank God I'm not the only one.

TDK, then BB, and then TDKR. Bale was amazing in TDKR, but after seeing him really able to cut loose in the suit from the previous two films I'd have to vote either one of those over it.

TDK for me. Bale was in the suit more, doing Batman-like things and I really loved his subtly and restraint as Bruce, which was a great contrast to Dent slowly losing his mind.

I def think Bale is underrated in TDK. I think he gave exactly the performance that movie called for. Kind of weird to see Begins in last in this poll though, considering how Begins-biased it tends to be in here.

He gave a great performance in all three movies. Portrays a great tragic/realistic hero.

I def think Bale is underrated in TDK. I think he gave exactly the performance that movie called for. Kind of weird to see Begins in last in this poll though, considering how Begins-biased it tends to be in here.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will pick up. :word:

Gotta say it was great seeing Bale have chemistry with both his female leads in TDKR. It was a treat to see Bruce so lively during the masquerade ball scene, both when he is with Miranda and Selina.

Each film Bale delivers something different with how he plays Batman/Bruce Wayne. It really makes watching the entire trilogy satisfying.

Gotta say it was great seeing Bale have chemistry with both his female leads in TDKR. It was a treat to see Bruce so lively during the masquerade ball scene, both when he is with Miranda and Selina.

I'm one of the biggest "BB is the best in the trilogy" fans here but this is one of the things that made me vote for TDKR. I just feel like I've been sides of Bruce in Bale's TDKR performance that I haven't seen in BB.

He gave a great performance in all three movies. Portrays a great tragic/realistic hero.

I'm very critical of TDKR, but the fact that Nolan really humanizes Bruce so much in that film is pretty jarring. He isn't the same guy from the first two films - jumping off of rooftops or pulling off these really amazing feats like the escape from Arkham in BB or the Hong Kong infiltration and Prewitt Building showdown from TDK. Batman doesn't even glide with his cape in TDKR!

Even though I feel Nolan possibly humanized him a little too much, I still like how everything Bruce did from the first two films took a huge toll on his body and even his mind. Very rarely is that the case in comicbook films, where the hero is always on top of his/her game, more so than less.

That goddamn voice is so bad, I could never think of his performances as great in the other movies. His Bruce Wayne is good throughout, but that ****in voice, man.

That goddamn voice is so bad, I could never think of his performances as great in the other movies. His Bruce Wayne is good throughout, but that ****in voice, man.

To be fair, it's not like every line out of Bale's mouth in the sequels was "Where is the trigger?" or "This city just showed you....". I'm pretty positive that had the voice not reached those extreme levels Bale's bat-voice would be less of a problem for most of his detractors.

Honestly, I never second guessed the voice in TDK until the final confrontation with the Joker. right before the ferry boat climax.

Edit: What happened to your avatar, Trav??

Not sure about my avy? I switched it up last night, and it may not be the right size? Maybe I'll go back?

Rises for me. He managed to imbue not only Bruce, but friggin' Batman, with more personality than ever before (in this series). I loved his performance... in all of them, yes, but that one in particular.

Glad to see so many agree, I thought it would be the 'unpopular opinion'.

Bale is fantastic as Bruce in "Batman Begins" , and he is definetly underrated in "TDK", but i voted TDKR. Its just a very nice performance, I love his Bruce and he does Batman really well too.

Begins I feel, in all 3 roles. The emotional heft of BB and impact of transformation is under played in Begins, where as with so much 'business' to round up in TDKR, the kitchen sink is the only thing left out of his performance. Amazing moments in all 3 films from him but for me Begins edges it, in terms of Bruce conquering his fear, taking on the persona of the Bat and embracing it, only too lose his way and re-build.

I don't know if I could pick one as the best. He was solid through all three.

He was great in all three films but if I had to pick, its Batman Begins. I love his Batvoice more here

"I swear to God!"

"Swear to me!!"

[YT]OfFbxIHBdjo[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back