Daredevil Which Villains should appear in this TV series?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Daredevil has kinda of a hit or miss rogues gallery, so what villains should appear in this TV series.

There are some must have villains like Kingpin, Bullseye, Elektra, Typhoid Mary, etc.

But you could do some things with some of the B-list DD villains like: Bullet, Mr. Fear (assuming people don't think he is too similar to Scarecrow), Gladiator, Purple Man (though he may be the main villain in the Jessica Jones series), Owl, as a rival to Kingpin.

You can also change some villains for TV, for example instead of the Wild Boys being two thugs, it can be an entire low level street gang DD deals with.

I like Mr. Hyde and Bushwacker, but they may not work on a TV budget.

Stilt-Man is really silly and wouldn't work on a TV budget and Jester is a bit too much of a Joker clone.

LOL at Stilt-Man. I'll tell you one thing. If Marvel can find a way to make THAT character work in a TV show or a movie, they can do f***ing anything.

I mean, his weakness is basically... you knock him over.

I put this in another thread, but I'll put it here as well.

I want to see Kingpin as the overarching villain in all four individual series' controlling all crime in Hell's Kitchen and branching out into the greater NYC area. He shouldn't make a full appearance until the finale of Iron Fist, probably a cliffhanger leading into The Defenders. Keep him in the shadows, pulling strings. And I would like for him to have three personal assassins at his side: Bullseye, Typhoid Mary and Elektra.

I think each individual should have its own primary villain and a few appearances from other, smaller villains.

For Daredevil, I think Typhoid Mary should be the primary villain through the series, with appearances from Bullseye and Elektra slowing coming along in the end. I wouldn't mind seeing the Hand featured as well.

That being said, I would also like to see Kingpin and Bullseye be the primaries for The Defenders, with Elektra converting to help The Defenders midseason.

I went into more detail than necessary. Botton line for Daredevil: Kingpin in the shadows pulling strings, Typhoid Mary the primary villain for Daredevil, Bullseye and Elektra make extended cameo-like appearances as Kingpin's assassins.

I put this in another thread, but I'll put it here as well.

I want to see Kingpin as the overarching villain in all four individual series' controlling all crime in Hell's Kitchen and branching out into the greater NYC area. He shouldn't make a full appearance until the finale of Iron Fist, probably a cliffhanger leading into The Defenders. Keep him in the shadows, pulling strings. And I would like for him to have three personal assassins at his side: Bullseye, Typhoid Mary and Elektra.

I think each individual should have its own primary villain and a few appearances from other, smaller villains.

For Daredevil, I think Typhoid Mary should be the primary villain through the series, with appearances from Bullseye and Elektra slowing coming along in the end. I wouldn't mind seeing the Hand featured as well.

That being said, I would also like to see Kingpin and Bullseye be the primaries for The Defenders, with Elektra converting to help The Defenders midseason.

I went into more detail than necessary. Botton line for Daredevil: Kingpin in the shadows pulling strings, Typhoid Mary the primary villain for Daredevil, Bullseye and Elektra make extended cameo-like appearances as Kingpin's assassins.

I'm not sure typhoid Mary should be the main villain over Elektra, I think it make more sense to have a love triangle between DD, Karen Page and Elektra for most of the first season, then Elektra dies, then Typhoid Mary makes an appearance.

Plus I do think you can do things with other villains as well, eventually they will do a gang war story and I think Owl makes for a good rival crime lord for Kingpin to deal with. Plus Kingpin can have other hired guns besides those 3.

I also think Mr. Fear might be good for a filler episode where DD has to deal with a villain who has a personal grudge against Matt Murdock, not DD, then coming back later with more dangerous revenge scheme.

Last edited:
I can see swapping Typhoid Mary with Elektra. I just didn't want to make the obvious choice to be honest. I went to far outside the box. Elektra does make more sense.

I would definitely like to see those smaller villains as one-offs and fillers. Villains like Grey Gargoyle, Beetle, etc.

And I agree that Kingpin would have more hired hands. In another explanation with a buddy, I used the word henchmen regarding Kingpin having more hired hands. Some actual characters, some just generic mobsters.

Gladiator definitely, but they better give him a big budget version of his costume and not some cheap TV version. I want to see those whirling blades which will require CGI, and the yellow and blue armour. I don't want just some generic uncostumed guy with blades.

I'd love to see the orginal kingpin from Bendis's run that Wilson Fisk took over from. I think showing both Fisk and Murdock's rise would be awesome.

Gladiator is a must imo
Jester is pretty cool as a villain, I'd love to see him

I want the Hand to be involved, but I would argue, save them for season 2. The first season should stick to more "crime-y" type villainy.

LOL at Stilt-Man. I'll tell you one thing. If Marvel can find a way to make THAT character work in a TV show or a movie, they can do f***ing anything.

I mean, his weakness is basically... you knock him over.

I hope they have him in as a cameo just for this joke itself, let him begin a monologue before he gets knocked over. Similar to how Loki was quickly put in his place my Hulk in Avengers.

I think the Spot would be awesome given how cool they made him in the newest run by Mark Waid. And I agree Kingpin should be the over-arching villain of all the shows.

For those hoping that Kingpin will play an integral role in the Daredevil show I really wouldn't get my hopes up.

Avi Arad said:
SHH: Does Sony have the rights to Kingpin? That was a great Spider-Man villain until Frank Miller took him for his run on Daredevil and he became known more as a Daredevil villain, appearing in that movie.
Arad:
Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe–without getting too legal beagle here–is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I’m sure we can handle that.

July 2nd 2012

Sony has taken a cue from the MCU in the profitability of creating a cinematic universe. Even though everything revolves around Oscorp at the moment they'll want to leave room in the future for a character that played a decent role in the Spider-Man canon.

I am not arguing that he wouldn't be used to better effect in the Netflix Daredevil show, especially considering that arguably the best Kingpin material was in Frank Miller's DD run, but realistically I don't see Sony putting a great character like Kingpin on indefinite loan.

all the old villains should be updated and included. No excuse not to try. Yes, this includes the Ani-Men and the Jester.

For those hoping that Kingpin will play an integral role in the Daredevil show I really wouldn't get my hopes up.

I am not arguing that he wouldn't be used to better effect in the Netflix Daredevil show, especially considering that arguably the best Kingpin material was in Frank Miller's DD run, but realistically I don't see Sony putting a great character like Kingpin on indefinite loan.

Marvel and Sony have a strong Relationship (unlike Marvel and Fox), so who knows. The first step before the launch of a DD serie was to clarify this (assuming Avi Arad was right at the time)

So I'm sure that Marvel and Sony have reached an agreement, and the best for both Spiderman and Daredevil is to have Wilson Fisk in the "grey area", being available for both compagnies (like Scarlet Witch and guicksilver)

So if it wasn't at the time, I'm pretty sure he is now...

There are a lot of villain that can be used in addition to Kingpin :

Bullseye and Typhoid Mary are a given.

But for the villain that can be use and that I may want to see, depending of the story :

The Owl
Mister Fear
Purple Man
Bullet
Deathstalker
The Gladiator
Bushwaker
Why not some new characters like Ikari or the Coyote.
And Alexander Bond would work well if they want to introduce Wilson Fisk and make him slowly evolve from a simple thug to the Kinpin we know...

I hoping that they can compromise but even if they can't we've still got a good staple of rogues to pull from, the only question remaining is how well they can be pulled off in this format.

I for one would love to see Stilt-Man, Bushwhacker and Mr. Hyde but obviously don't want any of it looking like garbage either.
I mean will they even have the guts/talent to bring someone like Killgrave to life in all his purple glory?

Gladiator definitely, but they better give him a big budget version of his costume and not some cheap TV version. I want to see those whirling blades which will require CGI, and the yellow and blue armour. I don't want just some generic uncostumed guy with blades.
I also would prefer proper costumes on all characters not that smallville no costume crap

I also would prefer proper costumes on all characters not that smallville no costume crap

Exactly. I don't want Daredevil adopting a "No tights, No flights sights" rule. :oldrazz:

July 2nd 2012

Sony has taken a cue from the MCU in the profitability of creating a cinematic universe. Even though everything revolves around Oscorp at the moment they'll want to leave room in the future for a character that played a decent role in the Spider-Man canon.

I got one thing to say to that: Citation needed.

If Sony had the rights to Kingpin, why couldn't they use him in the spectacular Spider-Man cartoon? Arad could just be wrong, that he thought Sony had the rights to Kingpin, but doesn't really.

I got one thing to say to that: Citation needed.

If Sony had the rights to Kingpin, why couldn't they use him in the spectacular Spider-Man cartoon? Arad could just be wrong, that he thought Sony had the rights to Kingpin, but doesn't really.

You folks exhaust me sometimes.
The link is embedded in the date.

And Avi is not wrong, there is an interview that predates this one by about 10 years, after the Daredevil movie came out, which he produced and had other dealings with, in which he clearly stated the that Kingpin was borrowed from Sony.

I really don't understand why people act like I'm this evil little gnome that takes pleasure in breaking bad news and that I would go out of my ****ing way to fabricate something that any one of you could find out for yourselves if you weren't all so lazy to look and set on believing what you want to believe.

I hope they have him in as a cameo just for this joke itself, let him begin a monologue before he gets knocked over. Similar to how Loki was quickly put in his place my Hulk in Avengers.

That would be pretty funny. It could just be the intro to an episode. Stilt-Man shows up, stomping down the middle of the street, ranting about how he'll bring the city to its knees or whatever, and then Daredevil just swings into the scene and knocks him over. Then a quick cut to him laying on his back, kicking and screaming, trying to get back up, while the cops slap the cuffs on him. :D

You folks exhaust me sometimes.
The link is embedded in the date.

And Avi is not wrong, there is an interview that predates this one by about 10 years, after the Daredevil movie came out, which he produced and had other dealings with, in which he clearly stated the that Kingpin was borrowed from Sony.

I really don't understand why people act like I'm this evil little gnome that takes pleasure in breaking bad news and that I would go out of my ****ing way to fabricate something that any one of you could find out for yourselves if you weren't all so lazy to look and set on believing what you want to believe.

I know the date and the interview, I read it before, I think Arad is making claims without citation. Sorry, I should have been more clear on that point.

Again, if Sony had the rights to Kingpin, why couldn't Sony use Kingpin in the Spectacular Spider-Man? You seem to have ignored that point. The creators of that cartoon said they wanted to use Kingpin, but did not have the rights to that character? If Sony had the rights to the Kingpin, why couldn't Greg Weisman use him in that cartoon? Its just Arad's word and he could be wrong, he has been wrong before, especially since Weisman is contradicting him.

Also David Slade planned to use Kingpin in the DD movie Fox was planning on making, what did Sony just plan on leasing Kingpin out again? So far other studios are using Kingpin in thier movies and Sony wasn't allowed to Kingpin in their own cartoon show. Plus this is TV rights, not movie rights, Sony sold the TV rights to Marvel a couple of years ago, so the TV rights would be back in Marvel's hands regardless, that is why Marvel is making the current Spider-Man cartoon.

Last edited:
Alright well sorry if I came off hostile I just always feel like the burden of proof is being put on me. Confusing stuff this 'rights' business.

Alright well sorry if I came off hostile I just always feel like the burden of proof is being put on me. Confusing stuff this 'rights' business.

Well this does sound like some of the rights of these characters is in a big complicated, bureaucratic legal maze, but I'm not sure Marvel would do a DD series without Kingpin. That's like doing a Superman TV series without Lex Luthor or a Batman TV series without the Joker, there is a big part of the mythos missing. It seems like Marvel would want to have access to Kingpin before agreeing to make a DD TV show

That would be pretty funny. It could just be the intro to an episode. Stilt-Man shows up, stomping down the middle of the street, ranting about how he'll bring the city to its knees or whatever, and then Daredevil just swings into the scene and knocks him over. Then a quick cut to him laying on his back, kicking and screaming, trying to get back up, while the cops slap the cuffs on him. :D

That sounds pretty expensive for a joke villain. Really DD has a bunch of lame villains who work better on a TV budget, you don't want to blow a ton of money on such an unimportant character. Guys like Matador and Leap-Frog are just as lame and are way easier to do on a TV budget. Also Turk can be a reoccurring joke villain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"