• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Gifted Villains in this series

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Who do you think should be the villains in this series?

Since its a TV show, they would have to stick to someone budget friendly and really the movies have not done much with anti mutant human villains, besides Stryker. You could have guys like Graydon Creed or Cameron Hodge show up to be villains.

So there was this theory the main character might turn out to be a loose adaptation of the Fenris Twins. Does anyone have thoughts on that?

So there was this theory the main character might turn out to be a loose adaptation of the Fenris Twins. Does anyone have thoughts on that?

Their last name is Strucker. I don't see how they can't be an inspiration, though I don't see how they will be villains.

I think there is a pretty good chance that Bastion is the head of Sentinel Services. Prime Sentinels would work really well in television.

I think the Friends of Humanity as a Klan like group would be good to see. The Purifiers would work as well, as a more militia type group. The X-cutioner could also work. And since the Brotherhood seems to be out, the MLF as a counter to the human hate groups would be good.

Friends of Humanity might or Purifiers seems like it might fit pretty well with what they have showed us so far.

Friends of Humanity might or Purifiers seems like it might fit pretty well with what they have showed us so far.

I have feeling the Purifiers would too controversial now a days, I can see a ton of conservative news sites slamming the show for "making Christians look bad" if the Purifiers showed up. Plus I am sick of Stryker.

I can actually see Creed and Hodge work as a team, with Creed being a very vocal fire brand against Mutants, while Hodge pretends to put on a friendly face and claims he has the best interests of mutants at heart, but secretly funds anti mutant groups.

Fenris are wonderfully horrible people. I'd love to see them adapted. That being said, I'd prefer they keep their names.

I have feeling the Purifiers would too controversial now a days, I can see a ton of conservative news sites slamming the show for "making Christians look bad" if the Purifiers showed up. Plus I am sick of Stryker.
Yeah I guess so, and yeah I wasn't really thinking Stryker would be involved in that because of the changes for the movie version. Though I think if something would be considered 'controversial' it might be even more important for media to touch on it.

As other people have said, some anti-mutant groups like the Friends of Humanity would work perfectly in the show, as well as anti-mutant bigots who haven't been used in live action yet, like Graydon Creed, Cameron Hodge, or Stephen Lang.

For mutant villains, I'd love to see some powerful mutant criminals who haven't been used yet, such as Exodus, Solarr, or Unus the Untouchable.

The Purifiers can work without our militarized Stryker, he can just be tangentially connected to them be it funding their activities and whatnot. But other anti-mutant hate groups and people can fit in just fine.

I'd prefer they keep Bastion for the movies though. Second Coming would be a good crossover down the line should the pieces assemble once more like DOFP and Fox is willing to pull the trigger. Prime Sentinels could work as S2 villains, especially since the Spider Sentinels (which are no doubt inspired by the Sentinel Crawlers from Wolverine and the X-Men) were conceived as precursors to the humanoid ones. It would be cool to see that evolution of from Sentinel to Sentinel.

interesting. I hope that it is clarified just who owns what characters. if Fox ends up owning any of them, then they can't be used in the comics as any spinoff.

I'd suggest going deep into the ranks of x-men related villains. Use people that aren't likely to show up in the movies.

Mesmero is one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"