Daredevil Which Villains should appear in this TV series?

Since the Hand is being introduced in season 1, I'm guessing that's going to be the direction for the second season.

With Dr. Strange being introduced, the mystical aspect of the MCU coming I think it could be cool to do a version of Guardian Devil with something mystical that test Matt's faith. Elektra and Typhoid Mary/Kingpin in season 2.

Save Bullseye for season 3.

I'm guessing based on everything we know that Season 1 will be an adaptation of The Man Without Fear as well as the first five Stan Lee issues and probably also the Frank Miller story with Gladiator taking hostages at the museum.

Season 2 will probably be an adaptation of most of Frank Miller's run with Bullseye, Eric Slaughter, Turk Barrett, Elektra and Kirigi as antagonists. Daredevil 181 and Elektra Lives again will probably be consolidated into one story in the penultimate episode and then Daredevil 191 will immediately follow as the season finale. Expect Gladiator to redeem himself and Matt to be stuck in a love triangle between Karen Page and Elektra. And Matt is all alone at the end of the season with Karen leaving town and Elektra dying.

Season 3 will borrow some of Ann Nocenti's storylines involving Bullet, Rotgut and Bushwhacker as well as her Typhoid storyline as Daredevil begins dating again and finds that Heather Glenn kills herself and the other girl he's dating is an assassin ordered to kill him. Matt loses everything over the course of the season and has to deal with Bullseye's return and Electro's and Death Stalker's first appearances as yet other hired guns out for Matt's head. I'd also adapt Parts of a Whole here so Echo can be introduced, then culminate with Born Again as Nuke is Kingpin's final assassin after Matt has spent the first 12 episodes being brought to his lowest level only to finally team up with Captain America in the finale. Matt winds up with Karen Page as his love interest at the end.

Season 4 will hopefully occur at around the same time as Infinity War: Part 2 so Hellspawn can be used for a medley of Fall From Grace and Daredevil 190 as Elektra gets revived. I'd have Matt where he was during Nocenti's run of operating a legal advice clinic while saving up to clear his name so he can be reinstated as a lawyer. That and fighting Stilt Man, Jester and Leap Frog. Then have things come crashing down at the end of an otherwise sunny and optimistic season the season with an adaptation of Guardian Devil with Mister Fear replacing Mysterio.

Stilt-Man would likely break the budget on a season, the money to have him appear on screen is not justified by the character's lack of importance in the DD universe. I also don't think Stilt-Man would fit with the tone they are going for, really Foggy and Turk work as comic relief and are not expensive.

I also think using Hellspawn in a DD series would be a bad idea, I would rather keep cosmic stuff out of a DD TV series and focus on the street level stuff, rather then trying to do some crossover with one of the movies.

Silver Samurai would be great, although he might be tied up with FOX

Stilt-Man would likely break the budget on a season, the money to have him appear on screen is not justified by the character's lack of importance in the DD universe. I also don't think Stilt-Man would fit with the tone they are going for, really Foggy and Turk work as comic relief and are not expensive.

I also think using Hellspawn in a DD series would be a bad idea, I would rather keep cosmic stuff out of a DD TV series and focus on the street level stuff, rather then trying to do some crossover with one of the movies.

Good point. I can't think of a way to CGI him without prosthetics and if you need a jobber villain, Turk does work better (as do Leap Frog and Matador).

Silver Samurai would be great, although he might be tied up with FOX

Based on The Wolverine which came out a few years back and the fact that he frequently shows up in Wolverine's comics and he was in the X-Men: Children of the Atom video game from the 90s, it's safe to say that Marvel do not own the rights to Silver Samurai.

Also, since Marvel are adapting Infinity War, I seriously hope that they aren't dumb enough to make Hellspawn (who's an evil Matt Murdoch), talk like a black guy in the MCU. It was pretty jarring and kind of racist in the comics.

Also, since Marvel are adapting Infinity War, I seriously hope that they aren't dumb enough to make Hellspawn (who's an evil Matt Murdoch), talk like a black guy in the MCU. It was pretty jarring and kind of racist in the comics.

IIRC, Hellspawn is supposed to have a Cajun or Creole accent (like Gambit). Granted, I agree they didn't do a very good job of representing that on paper, but the idea at least wasn't all that racist. I doubt we'll see Hellspawn any time soon, though.

IIRC, Hellspawn is supposed to have a Cajun or Creole accent (like Gambit). Granted, I agree they didn't do a very good job of representing that on paper, but the idea at least wasn't all that racist. I doubt we'll see Hellspawn any time soon, though.

They didn't. Then again, DG Chichester ruined a lot of Scott McDaniel's art with thin stereotypes, out of place pop culture references and preachy right-wing commentary.

And then there was the blatantly racist line about Eastern Europeans, "JFK Airport. An hour's cab ride out of Manhattan. Assuming the driver knows what country he's in."

But Scott McDaniel's art was gorgeous.

Yeah, those are bad. D.G. Chichester's work is certainly not my favorite, to put it mildly.

Yeah, those are bad. D.G. Chichester's work is certainly not my favorite, to put it mildly.

Well he was par for the course in the mid-90s. Only the X-titles and Hulk were any good at the time.

King Pin

Typhoid Mary

the Hand....Kirigi... Snake Root

Elektra

Bulls-Eye

Gladiator

Death Stalker

Black Heart

Bush Wacker

Hell Spawn

Kraven the Hunter

the Purple Man

Life Form

Mad Jack (aka Jack O' Lantern)

Mr. Hyde

Mysterio

Nekra

Owl

Morbius the Living Vampire ( a twist from Spidey comics)

Though they are Spider-Man villains, I'd like to see The Enforcers. Seemed that they are more suited to what the TV show is going for.

I think that character would be tricky to do on a TV budget and he really doesn't seem like a very important DD villain. I think a DD show would work better if the villains were street level criminals with gimmicks, rather then over the top characters like Life Form or Hellspawn that wouldn't fit with the show's noir feel or work well with a TV budget.

I can see swapping Typhoid Mary with Elektra. I just didn't want to make the obvious choice to be honest. I went to far outside the box. Elektra does make more sense.

I would definitely like to see those smaller villains as one-offs and fillers. Villains like Grey Gargoyle, Beetle, etc.

And I agree that Kingpin would have more hired hands. In another explanation with a buddy, I used the word henchmen regarding Kingpin having more hired hands. Some actual characters, some just generic mobsters.

i want Elektra to be in the Daredevil series, if not the first season then definitely the 2nd. and i'd like to see Netflix make their own version of Elektra
and hoepfully it will be as close to the Marvel looking version as possible.
Dark raven hair, European look, accent and as close to the original costume as they can give her. The more powerful a character they can make Elektra on Daredevil series, the morel ikely she has to have her own spinoff series - and a whole different beat than that ridiculously hideous of a box office flop Elektra movie.

Itll be interesting to see how far into the "super hero/villain" realm theyll go with DD. Like will they keep it more of a grounded vigilante type deal or have the fantastic sci fi stuff come in.

I want Gladiator with his helmet and body armour on, and not just a generic guy with wrist blades.

can they have both ? momemtary with helmet and body armour - and then helmet-less a good number of times? i think they want to show an ugly face of Gladiator to show the excess level of facial emotions and anguish.

Itll be interesting to see how far into the "super hero/villain" realm theyll go with DD. Like will they keep it more of a grounded vigilante type deal or have the fantastic sci fi stuff come in.

Based on the trailers and talk from cast and crew, it seems like a safe assumption to say they appear to be going more towards street criminals than sci-fi or super villain. I mean, that seems to fit what they have said about Daredevil in particular and perhaps even this corner of the MCU as a whole. It feels as though the identity of The Defenders wants to be less about the sort of superstar style heroics that shake the world and instead focus on homegrown everyday heroes taking on every day evils. Compared to the likes of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, what Matt is doing makes him something of a faceless nobody, so it's fitting that the criminals he goes after are much the same. They aren't special in the way the Red Skull or even someone like Donny Gill from Agents Of SHIELD are - they aren't on any index, they aren't part of some plot for world domination, and stopping them doesn't land you at a senate hearing in front of a hundred reporters. At most it earns some gratitude from the old lady they just tried to rob, but more likely it's rather thankless, necessary work.

I get the feeling that Daredevil and the rest of the Defenders are going to be portrayed as something closer to hardworking, honest cops than whatever you would compare Thor to. I just mean... There are different levels of "bad" and things we need saving from. DD is there to clean up the streets, keep us safe from the threats that have always been there long before any super soldier serum started us down the path of spandex and capes. If someone is walking down the middle of Broadway with axes for hands and laser beams as eyes, someone is going to call f&#(ing Iron Man. If someone is holding up a grocery store or exploiting the local businesses for "protection", Tony is probably not picking up his phone for that one.

Of course there is something to be said for some old fashion spandex style vaudevillian. As a big fan of Iron Man 3 I actually love the route they went with The Mandarin/Trevor, effectively giving us that handlebar mustache twirling "I must be a plain dealing villain" character and then making the whole thing, well, an actual character. I'd LOVE to see what those kind of guys look to through the eyes of your more grounded, street level hero (same reason I'm hoping to have some major comic booky bad guy pop up in Cage's series to be honest - I just think his reaction to that kind of crazy would be hilarious).

So while I'm not dismissing the idea of any true super villain style characters outright, I would guess they are sticking more with lowlife offenders, organized crime, and the sort of scum that might be considered to petty to get The Avengers involved. At the same time, I'm betting those kind of criminals effect far more lives than Loki ever did. They just don't get you parades and merchandise the way saving New York from an alien attack might.

Last edited:
I would like to see a character like Tombstone show up. That would be awesome.

I hope it is as close to the following picture as possible.
Instead of busting the budget on morphing effects just have them use practical effects to make this arm and save the CG for when he fires it.

I understand the logic in him having a gun concealed within a regular prosthetic but it's just so lame.

3188630_img_6542.png

Bushwhacker would be an damn good villain. i forgot about him. :woot:

I wouldn't mind Stilt Man being completely changed up for tv - he could be similar to Gazelle from Kingsman

I'd say Bullseye and Elektra are certainties for the next season

Charles Halford would be my choice for Bushwhacker. He was already in AoS but hey, Marvel studios has done it before with Sousa so I don't see why they can't do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"