• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Make a New Anti Daredevil Villain Team

The Question said:
If it's got his most dangerous enemies all working together, it makes no sense that he'd survive. I mean, really, it would be ever so easy for the team you suggested to kill Matt. They wait until he's on patrol, Mary snipes him with pyrokenisis. He catches ablaze, and falls to the ground. Hyde holds him down, and Bullseye stabs him to death. Lesser villains who wouldn't stand a chance against Daredevil working together makes alot more sense story wise than people who can hold their own against him by themselves.

Then how did Spidey survive the various Sinister six groups, how did Batman survive his most dangerous foes teaming against him in Dark Victory and Hush? It has been done berfore and the heroes have survived, deal with it.

Roughneck said:
Bullseye
Mr Hyde
Cobra
Electro
Lady Deathstrike
Razor Fist
Taskmaster
Purple Man
Mr. Fear

Bullseye put the team together......Some came willingly others had to be paid (Taskmaster) I dunno if it's ever stated or not, but I figure Bullseye has a lot of money laying around....he is a killer for hire.

Dude. The Avengers would find challenge in that group. They would cream Daredevil.

The Overlord said:
Then how did Spidey survive the various Sinister six groups, how did Batman survive his most dangerous foes teaming against him in Dark Victory and Hush?

With Spider-Man, the six made the tactically stupid descision of going after him one at a time. The villains never ganged up on Batman in Hush or in Dark Victory.

The Overlord said:
It has been done berfore and the heroes have survived, deal with it.

It doesn't make it good writing. Having a bunch of villains who would give the hero a hard time on their own team up against him should, logically, end with the hero being very much dead.

The Question said:
With Spider-Man, the six made the tactically stupid descision of going after him one at a time. The villains never ganged up on Batman in Hush or in Dark Victory.

It doesn't make it good writing. Having a bunch of villains who would give the hero a hard time on their own team up against him should, logically, end with the hero being very much dead.

Almost of the villains were together in their lair and the batcave in Dark Victory, so they were in one place. In 1991 the Return of the Sinister Six had the Six attack Spidey at once at a space launch site, so it has been done before, deal with it. Hell there was a BTAS episode called "Trial" that involved Batman fighting his rogues galley at once and it was fun. DD can take out with his cunning and sleath, praying their psychological weakesses.

The Overlord said:
Almost of the villains were together in their lair and the batcave in Dark Victory, so they were in one place. In 1991 the Return of the Sinister Six had the Six attack Spidey at once at a space launch site, so it has been done before, deal with it.

That doesn't make it at all logical or good writing. Anyway, if memory serves, the only villains in the cave were Ivy, The Joker, Two Face, and Freeze, and Robin was there. It was a two to one fight. Evens the odds a bit, I'd say. So no, making a team of all of Daredevil's toughest villains to fight him and having Daredevil win would not make sense story wise.

The Overlord said:
Hell there was a BTAS episode called "Trial" that involved Batman fighting his rogues galley at once and it was fun. DD can take out with his cunning and sleath, praying their psychological weakesses.

If he can beat them all by himself, there should be no way for them to pose a threat solo against him. And the way you described it assumes that he gets the drop on them. They could get the drop on him.

Lsiten, I guess I don't have a problem with "lots of villains VS> the hero" fighst if they're written properly. As in, not the hero taking them all on at once and winning, but the hero fighting as smart as possible, running away, and doing his best to stay alive.

The Question said:
That doesn't make it at all logical or good writing. Anyway, if memory serves, the only villains in the cave were Ivy, The Joker, Two Face, and Freeze, and Robin was there. It was a two to one fight. Evens the odds a bit, I'd say. So no, making a team of all of Daredevil's toughest villains to fight him and having Daredevil win would not make sense story wise.

If he can beat them all by himself, there should be no way for them to pose a threat solo against him. And the way you described it assumes that he gets the drop on them. They could get the drop on him.

Double Post

The Question said:

Lsiten, I guess I don't have a problem with "lots of villains VS> the hero" fighst if they're written properly. As in, not the hero taking them all on at once and winning, but the hero fighting as smart as possible, running away, and doing his best to stay alive.

Did you see the episode in question first of all? Secondly I named the Sinister six attack on the launch site in 1991 as a group attack and spidey is still alive. Hell if you read the sinister six novels by Adam Troy Castro, you will a great tale where Spidey take on six dangerous villains at once. Finally, DD could have Elektra to help him even odds.

Again I'm not saying not DD beat them in a direct conforontation, I'm saying he should use his cunning, divide and conqueror, use his suyperior sleath skills to his advantage, preying on his enemies psychological weaknesses to win the day.

The Overlord said:
Did you see the episode in question first of all?

No. I haven't seen every episode.

The Overlord said:
Secondly I named the Sinister six attack on the launch site in 1991 as a group attack and spidey is still alive.

That doesn't make it good writing.

The Overlord said:
Hell if you read the sinister six novels by Adam Troy Castro, you will a great tale where Spidey take on six dangerous villains at once.

By basically making the villains look like chumps, right? If Ock, Electro, Kraven, Rhino, and all of those guys can give Spider-Man a good fight on their own, then there's no way he should be able to beat them when they gang up on him all at once. That's not good writing.

The Overlord said:
Finally, DD could have Elektra to help him even odds.

Two skilled martial artists against all the villains you mentioned. Hardly seems like the odds are even. Now, if Daredevil called in Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Spider-Man along with Electro, things would be a bit more even.

The Overlord said:
Agfain I'm not saying not DD beat them in a direct conforontation, I'm saying he should use his cunning, divide and conqueror, use his suyperior sleath skills to his advantage, preying on his enemies psychological weaknesses to win the day.

But that, again, depends entirely on how the fight goes down. If they get the drop on him, his only real course of action shoulkd be to run and hide.

The Question said:
No. I haven't seen every episode.

That doesn't make it good writing.

By basically making the villains look like chumps, right? If Ock, Electro, Kraven, Rhino, and all of those guys can give Spider-Man a good fight on their own, then there's no way he should be able to beat them when they gang up on him all at once. That's not good writing.

Two skilled martial artists against all the villains you mentioned. Hardly seems like the odds are even. Now, if Daredevil called in Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Spider-Man along with Electro, things would be a bit more even.

But that, again, depends entirely on how the fight goes down. If they get the drop on him, his only real course of action shoulkd be to run and hide.

No the villains did not look like chumps in "Trial" or the Sinister Six, novels, because it can be done that the most dangerous villains outnumber the hero and hero still wins by the skin of his teeth, without the villains looking lame, it has been done well many times.

Think about it, DD gets into a fight with these villains and it seems there is no way he can win, so he has been his sleath to hide from them, but it is clear the villains are just toying with him. Then he goes into a building, the villains are pretty arrogant at this point so they follow him. DD then cuts the power, with his super senses he can see them, but they can't see him, then he can divide and conquer, using his superior sleath skills to run circles around them, taking them out one by one.

The Overlord said:
No the villains did not look like chumps in "Trial" or the Sinister Six, novels, because it can be done that the most dangerous villains outnumber the hero and hero still wins by the skin of his teeth, without the villains looking lame, it has been done well many times.

I suppose. It depends entirely on how they do it.

The Overlord said:
Think about it, DD gets into a fight with these villains and it seems there is no way he can win, so he has been his sleath to hide from them, but it is clear the villains are just toying with him. Then he goes into a building, the villains are pretty arrogant at this point so they follow him. DD then cuts the power, with his super senses he can see them, but they can't see him, then he can divide and conquer, using his superior sleath skills to run circles around them, taking them out one by one.

Well, that's assuming that the decide to toy with him. It would make more sense if they play it safe and just try to kill him. Listen, I'm not saying it can't be done. What I'm saying is that it's hard to do without making the villains look stupid.

The Question said:
I suppose. It depends entirely on how they do it.

Well, that's assuming that the decide to toy with him. It would make more sense if they play it safe and just try to kill him. Listen, I'm not saying it can't be done. What I'm saying is that it's hard to do without making the villains look stupid.

90% of villains always toy with ther hero at first, its part of their arrogant nature. Look at bane for example, he could have ripped Batman's head off, instead he broke his back and threw him into the streets, allowing him time to recover. When Kingpin discover DD's secret ID did he try to kill him directly or throw him in jail, no he played this game where he tries to destroy DD's life, cutting him off from friends, money, destroying his career, blowing up his house right in front him, in order to break his spirit and drive him insane.

Almost villains are arrogant, which makes them sloppy and most of them are willing to turn their feud with the opposing hero into some insane game, that is most villains toy with the hero at first and go for the kill later, they never just want to win, they want to win in some insane, specultalar fashion, where they have completely destroyed the hero, rather than merely killing him.

I love Turk. Turk totally makes my list, but only if he's dressed like Santa and had at least one hand grenade. Maybe give him the Stilt-Man outfit again.

Manbull is one of my first picks; I love Man-Bull. I feel like the character has a lot of potential. I might have included the Matador, if he hadn't been targeted by Scourge.
The Owl is also a prime choice. Despite the weird real name, he's the freakiest DD villain, as far as I'm concerned. So long as he's got the talons and the hair, he's in.
I'd toss in Marvel's Scarecrow, because he's a pretty good villain who is really underused. He kinda fits more as a DD villain anyway. He's the schemer; always has been. While I'm sure Owlsley would be top dog, Scarecrow would really be running things.

Hyde would be a fine addition to any team, but he's got some bad blood with King Cobra. Take one or the other, because while they worked together in the past, they have each other's undying enmity at the now-time.
Typhoid Mary is a tricky one. I don't think she can function particularly well in a team environment. And a team of five or so people would definately need coordination to get anything done.

Throw in Mr. Fear (is Fagan even alive still?), just because I'm out of people who are not named "Bullseye".

And Angar isn;t just dead, he's come back in monstrous form and been dissipated, or something.

deemar325 said:
How about creating new villains for DD?

Why do not do what Johns did with Flash's rogues, revamp some old villains and then create some new ones. It is tradition though that these team ups be made up of pre existing villains though.

The Question said:
1) Why would Klaw want to kill Daredevil? I mean, has Klaw even met Daredevil? Does Klaw even know who Daredevil is?

Money talks.
3dman27 said:
dd's sinister six
mr hyde
the cobra
mr fear
thyphoid mary
the owl
man-bull

**** I forgot about Typhoid Mary.
PS your avatar blows my mind.

The Overlord said:
90% of villains always toy with ther hero at first, its part of their arrogant nature. Look at bane for example, he could have ripped Batman's head off, instead he broke his back and threw him into the streets, allowing him time to recover. When Kingpin discover DD's secret ID did he try to kill him directly or throw him in jail, no he played this game where he tries to destroy DD's life, cutting him off from friends, money, destroying his career, blowing up his house right in front him, in order to break his spirit and drive him insane.

Not all villains have the same personality. Bullseye, for example, would probably go for the quick, clean kill.

The Overlord said:
Almost villains are arrogant, which makes them sloppy and most of them are willing to turn their feud with the opposing hero into some insane game, that is most villains toy with the hero at first and go for the kill later, they never just want to win, they want to win in some insane, specultalar fashion, where they have completely destroyed the hero, rather than merely killing him.

But, as I said, not all villains have the same personality. Nor should they. Writing them all like that is lazy, I'd think.

The Overlord said:
I kinda like your team.
thanks it took me a few miniutes to think of six DD foes

The Question said:
Not all villains have the same personality. Bullseye, for example, would probably go for the quick, clean kill.

But, as I said, not all villains have the same personality. Nor should they. Writing them all like that is lazy, I'd think.

If Bullseye went for the quick kill DD would have dead by now, after all their fights, instead he seems to like to play "let's kill DD's latest girlfriend" and tick him off. He always wants to torture DD before going in for the kill. Face it its a trope of comic books, because otherwise most of the heroes would have killed by the villains years ago. Kingpin is one of the most pragmatic villains around, being completely sane and all, he turned into a game when he found out DD's secret ID.

3dman27 said:
thanks it took me a few miniutes to think of six DD foes
but since the phrase sinister six brings thoughts of spider -man what would we NAME this team?

The Overlord said:
If Bullseye went for the quick kill DD would have dead by now, after all their fights, instead he seems to like to play "let's kill DD's latest girlfriend" and tick him off. He always wants to torture DD before going in for the kill. Face it its a trope of comic books, because otherwise most of the heroes would have killed by the villains years ago. Kingpin is one of the most pragmatic villains around, being completely sane and all, he turned into a game when he found out DD's secret ID.

That's the Kingpin. And that's Bullseye. Not every villain is the same. To write them all the same is a bad idea.

The Overlord said:
It occurs to me has there never been a really good anti DD villain team, there was the first Emissaries of Evil in the 60s (Electro, Gladiator, Stilt-Man, Leap-Frog and Matador) and let's face it only Gladiator and Electro pose any real threat out of that line up (DD easily beat the lame villains in that group, like tricking Matador into attacking Leap-Frog for him.)

The second major DD villain team occured in the 80s

What about The Unholy Trio? They were around WAY before the 80's.

The Question said:
Dude. The Avengers would find challenge in that group. They would cream Daredevil.

Not nescessarily. DD has walked away from fights with the likes of Sub-Mariner and The Hulk. Perhaps not physically victorius, but at least in one piece.

Half the fun in having DD face a group like what was suggested above would be in watching him come up with a way to win. Hit and run...divide and conquer..there are plenty of different scenarios a smart guy like Matt Murdock could come up with, imo.

CaptainStacy said:
Not nescessarily. DD has walked away from fights with the likes of Sub-Mariner and The Hulk. Perhaps not physically victorius, but at least in one piece.

After fighting The Hulk, he was laid up in the hospital for several months. And he didn't even beat The Hulk. The Hulk just reverted back to Banner.

CaptainStacy said:
Half the fun in having DD face a group like what was suggested above would be in watching him come up with a way to win. Hit and run...divide and conquer..there are plenty of different scenarios a smart guy like Matt Murdock could come up with, imo.

The problem is, that can be taken way too far. Especially with the team Roughneck described. They're just way too powerful for Dareveil beat and not make the villains look like complete idiots.

The Question said:
After fighting The Hulk, he was laid up in the hospital for several months. And he didn't even beat The Hulk. The Hulk just reverted back to Banner.

The problem is, that can be taken way too far. Especially with the team Roughneck described. They're just way too powerful for Dareveil beat and not make the villains look like complete idiots.

If it were a straight up fight, sure, but again; half the fun is watching DD beat them with his intellect. Do you really think Matt would allow them to dictate the rules of combat and fight them all at once on THEIR terms? If the hero isnt threatened, or even challenged, then that makes for a pretty boring storyline, imo.

Of course. But if you make the villains too powerful, it gets ridiculous. I wouldn't expect a well written Batman story to include him defeating the I justice Gang by himself (although I'm sure that's how it would happen these days).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"