Who is the face of the MCU now ? Who will be ?

theMagic

Civilian
Reaction score
For 11 years it was Robert Downey Jnr / Tony Stark.

Who will it be now ? I heard somewhere it will be Brie Larson / Captain Marvel.
However, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlett Witch seems to be gain ground more and more in the MCU.

Could it be her ?

Thanks in advance.

I think it will be a combination of BP & CM

With DS having the 3rd spot of the big 3

For me, the three biggest three characters left are Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Thor. Honourable mention for Peter Quill but he only really works as part of the Guardians.

I'm not really a Captain Marvel or Ant Man fan and most of the others haven't had films yet.

None of these characters have the presense to pull off being the "face" of the MCU. The obvious choices would be Hulk or Wolverine but Hulk is tied up with universal and was narratively castrated after age of ultron and wolverine needs to be rebooted

For 11 years it was Robert Downey Jnr / Tony Stark.

Who will it be now ? I heard somewhere it will be Brie Larson / Captain Marvel.
However, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlett Witch seems to be gain ground more and more in the MCU.

Could it be her ?

Thanks in advance.

Wanda is one of my absolute favorite characters and the biggest reason I'm excited for Phase 4 (WandaVision! Multiverse of Madness!) But no, it will not be her. There is no alternate universe in the cosmos where the new face of the mcu is a character who's never had their own movie, isn't scheduled to have their own movie and honestly is still very much a secondary character even up to Endgame.

The new face will be Black Panther and/or Captain Marvel. Maybe Dr. Strange or Thor have an outside shot, but I doubt it. Shang-Chi and Blade might gain some serious traction, too, but T'Challa and Carol have already got the big head start. And by the time we have to start thinking about either of them leaving, we'll be onto the MCU's Fantastic Four and X-men.

Let's be realistic....
wolverine7_orig.jpg

For the time being BP/CM and DS (to a lesser degree). All really fine actors. Thor provides a transition and I think we saw that in EG.

Feige says it's Captain Marvel:

"When we found out that Brie Larson might be interested in joining our world, we had a number of meetings. She was a huge fan of the character in the comics. One of the highlights of my career at Marvel was introducing her at Comic-Con and having her come out on stage and stand there with literally almost everybody else from our movies. There she was at the forefront, and it was a great foreshadowing – not just for how audiences are going to embrace Brie as this character, but also for how Captain Marvel is about to take the lead and be at the forefront of the entire Cinematic Universe."

It’ll be BP, DS, CM & Thor for the time being, imo.

Yeah. I think in particular CM and BP. I can see DS going in a little bit different direction, but they don't have their standalone movies completed and scheduled on a whim. Thor is still part of the ensemble for a reason. A few years down the road, we'll see other characters stepping forward.

Black Panther and Captain Marvel will take over the Iron Man and Captain America roles as the lead MCU figures. I did think Doctor Strange would be in the Thor role, but Thor's still around which complicates things there. Those are the Big Four for now.

Captain Marvel and Spider-Man were both slated to be the new faces of the MCU but everyone hates her guts while he is going back to SONY.
N
it looks like it will either be Black Panther or Wolverine.

Captain Marvel and Spider-Man were both slated to be the new faces of the MCU but everyone hates her guts while he is going back to SONY.
N
it looks like it will either be Black Panther or Wolverine.

Really? Why did those people waste over 1.1B dollars on someone whose guts they hate?

I'm probably the only one who finds her rather charming and personable.

EDIT: Sometimes I go overboard on the sarcasm. I think there's a vocal minority who have a problem with her.

Last edited:
Really? Why did those people waste over 1.1B dollars on someone whose guts they hate?

I'm probably the only one who finds her rather charming and personable.

EDIT: Sometimes I go overboard on the sarcasm. I think there's a vocal minority who have a problem with her.

Captain Marvel also topped the DVD and Blu-ray sales charts in addition to making $1.1B at the box office.

Doctor Strange is my favourite character in the MCU ATM, but I really hope Black Panther and/or Captain Marvel will get to be the face(s) of the MCU.

Question is who keeps the Avengers alive and ties the Universe together?

IM1 established Nick Fury as that guy up until TWS. At the end of A1 Tony starts taking over and by AoU Tony is the driving force up to IFW. After IFW it's Cap and Nat, mostly Nat.

As of EG, Avengers head quarters is gone, and its not known who is driving the initiative. Tony's dead, Cap's retired. Thor is finding himself. Hulk, Rhodey, Clint, Falcon, Bucky, Wanda, would be the choices. Subtract the Disney+ stuff and you're basically left with Rhodey and Hulk. Honestly though I think Clint would've made the most sense since he's now essentially the most connected.

Captain Marvel said she's basically concerned with the rest of Space, so I'm not sure how she could be the face of an Earth based group.

Maybe establish Fury is creating SWORD? Which is where he was at the end of FFH.

Not a fan of Black Panther and Captain Marvel becoming the faces of the larger franchise

Black Panther is the only character whose human identity is more interesting than his masked superhero counterpart. I was fascinated by T'Challa and the politics of Wakanda and all that, but once he puts on the suit he becomes a generic superhero. He doesn't even have any distinct or unique powers and abilities.

Meanwhile Captain Marvel... well what exactly is Captain Marvel? I mean you have Iron Man whose name is self explanatory. And Spider-man. And Captain America. And Doctor Strange. And Black Panther. And Hulk. And Ant-Man. Their superhero names give us insight into who they are as characters. Same with DC. You have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, etc.

Captain Marvel is... what you settle on when you have ran out of ideas. And per usual there was nothing unique or special about her at all.

Not a fan of Black Panther and Captain Marvel becoming the faces of the larger franchise

Black Panther is the only character whose human identity is more interesting than his masked superhero counterpart. I was fascinated by T'Challa and the politics of Wakanda and all that, but once he puts on the suit he becomes a generic superhero. He doesn't even have any distinct or unique powers and abilities.

Meanwhile Captain Marvel... well what exactly is Captain Marvel? I mean you have Iron Man whose name is self explanatory. And Spider-man. And Captain America. And Doctor Strange. And Black Panther. And Hulk. And Ant-Man. Their superhero names give us insight into who they are as characters. Same with DC. You have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, etc.

Captain Marvel is... what you settle on when you have ran out of ideas. And per usual there was nothing unique or special about her at all.

So Captain Marvel is uninteresting because of her name? As far as her background, I found it quite interesting. A high powered military pilot who got where she got based on merit and determination. Someone who went through an amazing transformation and had to unlearn everything she thought she had learned. Someone of unquestioned integrity. I consider that quite special. Maybe they should have named her Robin; because nothing explains a hero like the name Robin or maybe Shazam. Wonder Woman's name gives us insight into who she is and Captain Marvel's does not.....okay, to each their own.

Deadass.

Of all the characters he has now, Feige HAS TO ACE ORORO. Give us someone worthy of being the goddess.

Definitely see her as one of the faces of the MCU in the future:

storm-by-gregland.jpg

Captain Marvel is the face as theyv'e literally said she is. But is an awful character played in a wooden mannequin fashion by Brie.

They should have gone with Doctor Strange as the face for post phase 4 though imo.

I'm hoping the Fantastic Four will be the new faces of the MCU eventually.

Captain Marvel is the face as theyv'e literally said she is. But is an awful character played in a wooden mannequin fashion by Brie.

They should have gone with Doctor Strange as the face for post phase 4 though imo.

Ditto I think Strange really comes in to his prime in phase 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"