Who Will Be The New MCU Trinity?

coreymb16

Not a Side-Kick
Reaction score
The current MCU Trinity consist of Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. Those three has been the embodiment of the MCU for over a decade. To some that will never change. But as we all know Tony Stark is dead, and Steve Rodgers is an old man and retired. Thor is still here and refining himself so maybe he’ll still be included. Is it time to shift focus on three new characters in the spotlight to move the MCU forward? I think yes!

I know some think there will be no more Trinities (I put that as an option in the poll). To me, I feel like they need to keep a tight focus on a few characters for an overarching story Kevin Fiege will likely set up within the next ten years.

I can also rephrase the question by asking, what three characters will receive the most screen time within the next ten years?

What do you think?

I'd say not Spider-Man. That would give Sony, who owns the rights, a lot of leverage. I'd say CM, BP, and DS with Spidey thrown in as much as possible.

This, probably. I’d love to see one of the Eternals in a lead role moving forward, too.

My Vote:
4974591-1593024741-3thor.jpg

:hehe:

This, probably. I’d love to see one of the Eternals in a lead role moving forward, too.

I'd probably want to see how that turns out. Very possibly, but I think I'd like to see the movie before I jump. You're quite the impulsive one. :cwink:

Hope all is well.

Phase 4 to 6
Strange, Carol, T'challa. For obvious reasons. Ant-Man and Spider-Man would still be around after their third solofilm, but for how long, really? Even if they stick around for a long time, some characters would just get more importance. Hulk is still around and he's not even in the trinity. While Eternals are going to be similar to Gotg in a way that its a group. With Blade and Shang-Chi who knows.

Phase 7 to X
Nobody as the X-Men would be such a big X-Factor that there couldn't be a trinity.

Last edited:
There won't be a trilogy. It's going to always be Cap, Iron Man and Thor. But I think teams will be the next Evolution. X-men, F4 and Alpha Flight. :hehe:

But seriously, if they do have one, I'd say Black Panther, Spidey and Wolverine, whoever plays him. I do not see Captain Marvel being in it. They may try and force her into that role but I just can't see it.

There won't be a trilogy. It's going to always be Cap, Iron Man and Thor. But I think teams will be the next Evolution. X-men, F4 and Alpha Flight. :hehe:

But seriously, if they do have one, I'd say Black Panther, Spidey and Wolverine, whoever plays him. I do not see Captain Marvel being in it. They may try and force her into that role but I just can't see it.

Yeah. That might be true (no trinity), but unless Marvel gets full rights to Spidey, I don't see him playing a leading role. Thor is still around, but I think he'll act more in the role of a muse (maybe not quite the right word, but as close I can come up with right now). I just don't think it's a coincidence that CM, BP, and DS got their solo movies first. Wolverine won't interact that much with Avengers, but he's certainly one of the most popular characters and will be front and center once he's introduced. Hulk, if the rumors are true, still has a role to play. All of that is a long winded way of saying it may very well not be an IM, Thor, CA or WW, SM, and BM situation.

I doubt Strange or Spider-Man will be the focus for different reasons, I doubt Strange because Cumberbatch's contract is already at an end, and Spider-Man because of the whole Sony deal. I'd say Black Panther, the new Captain America, and either Captain Marvel or a new character like She-Hulk will take the reigns.

I voted none, however I think Captain Marvel and Black Panther will remain strong contenders for core characters going forward.

It’s possible they’ll keep Thor around for a while too, though I’m unsure if his adventures will be earthbound or more cosmic.

Doctor Strange I just don’t see; once Benedict gets his trilogy I think he’ll be out somewhat. Spiderman would’ve been a contender, but the studio rights are a complete mess.

Ultimately I don’t think there needs to be a new trinity. The original three served a purpose and brought everything together, there’s no need to replace that.

Yeah. That might be true (no trinity), but unless Marvel gets full rights to Spidey, I don't see him playing a leading role. Thor is still around, but I think he'll act more in the role of a muse (maybe not quite the right word, but as close I can come up with right now). I just don't think it's a coincidence that CM, BP, and DS got their solo movies first. Wolverine won't interact that much with Avengers, but he's certainly one of the most popular characters and will be front and center once he's introduced. Hulk, if the rumors are true, still has a role to play. All of that is a long winded way of saying it may very well not be an IM, Thor, CA or WW, SM, and BM situation.
I just don't see Captain Marvel with Brie Larson as the lead as being a leader in the future. Sadly, she's just not likable in that role at all.

I just don't see Captain Marvel with Brie Larson as the lead as being a leader in the future. Sadly, she's just not likable in that role at all.

I rewatched CM the other day and she isn't very likeable in it - but gets better in Endgame.

I think a cosmic film with Thor , Captain Marvel and Dr Strange has a lot of potential - as does a Spider Man / Black Panther team up.

TBH Winter Soldier, Ragnarok and Civil War have shown us that team up films can be very successful ( and Batman v Superman and Suicide squad have shown us that they can suck ).

Would love to see a Spider Man film with cameos by all the NY based MCU heroes ( Strange and maybe the Defenders - especially Daredevil).

I don't know if there'll be a stand out "big three".

In phases 1, 2 and 3 Iron Man, Cap and (to a lesser extent) Thor stood out because for a long time they were the only characters with multiple solo films and they were front and centre of the Avengers storylines.

Going forward, the MCU is getting bigger and Marvel aren't going to arbitrarily pick three characters to emphasise more than the others and make into the core of a team as though that's some kind of magic formula. Plus the universe will probably be less Avengers centric when new teams like the X-Men and F4 are introduced.

I was under the assumption they were setting up Strange, Spidey, Cap Marvel and Panther to be the big heads of the new Avengers. But with the **** going down with Spidey's rights, that's probably up in the air. They're definitely gonna push Carol more now that so many nerds have been griping about her, just to spite them lol.

I was under the assumption they were setting up Strange, Spidey, Cap Marvel and Panther to be the big heads of the new Avengers. But with the **** going down with Spidey's rights, that's probably up in the air. They're definitely gonna push Carol more now that so many nerds have been griping about her, just to spite them lol.
I don't see it. Carol got so little screen time in End game and despite her movie doing well, she is not well received. I think they will push Black Panther and throw the bank at Cumberpatch for Strange. I don't see her being in the new trinity................if anything they may reinforce the Hulk, especially if they have his rights back but just not sold on Captain Marvel.

I don't see it. Carol got so little screen time in End game and despite her movie doing well, she is not well received. I think they will push Black Panther and throw the bank at Cumberpatch for Strange. I don't see her being in the new trinity................if anything they may reinforce the Hulk, especially if they have his rights back but just not sold on Captain Marvel.
I may be wrong, but at this point, I just don't see what there's left to do with Hulk. We've skipped a good number of years with that character due to the time jump (and I wouldn't want them to do a film simply to fill the gap). Banner and Hulk are merged now, and for good reason. I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel like Hulk's story has been told; they're not going to suddenly split the two characters up again, and I feel content when I say we're not going to see Planet Hulk on the big screen.

As for Brie Larson and Captain Marvel, sure, she didn't have a big part in Endgame, but then Endgame wasn't her film. Endgame was about wrapping up the characters from Phase 1. Captain Marvel still has a future to shine and have a larger part in team building - there'd have been little point involving her much more than they did in Endgame because that wasn't her story.

I doubt Alpha Flight would even get a solo team film. Insteadof them, I'd like to see Eternals be as huge as F4/X-Men in the mcu.

As for Brie Larson, they are not gonna ignore her. Her first film earned a billion and she's still possibly the only female character that will headline a solo trilogy.

I think Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel and Black Panther will be the closest we will ever get to a trinity for the next phase. But I can't see either of these characters appearing in each other films as the tone of their respective films are way too different to each other.

As for Brie Larson, they are not gonna ignore her. Her first film earned a billion and she's still possibly the only female character that will headline a solo trilogy.
On this, I agree, which also opens up another question. As you've rightly stated, Captain Marvel is the first female character to (eventually) get her trilogy, all the other trilogy films have been by male characters/stars.

Realistically, I'm wondering who the next female trilogy could be done for. Wanda and She-Hulk are getting their Disney+ shows, I can't imagine we're going to get a Black Widow Trilogy, and I can't think off hand who else would have the star power to carry their own trilogy.

On this, I agree, which also opens up another question. As you've rightly stated, Captain Marvel is the first female character to (eventually) get her trilogy, all the other trilogy films have been by male characters/stars.

Realistically, I'm wondering who the next female trilogy could be done for. Wanda and She-Hulk are getting their Disney+ shows, I can't imagine we're going to get a Black Widow Trilogy, and I can't think off hand who else would have the star power to carry their own trilogy.
They are dumping Ms. Marvel/She Hulk to streaming for a reason. Ms. Marvel is a legacy character of someone who's still new in the movies. While I'm assuming Marvel can't make a Hulk related movie without Universal distributing it. I don't think Marvel Studios sees a potential in a Scarlet Witch movie and she's even sharing her show to someone that was already killed.

While the other iconic female characters left to be introduced in the mcu are under X-Men and Fantastic Four. I really doubt we are going to see a Storm movie before a couple of X-Men movies. Invisible Woman isn't getting a solo film. While Spider-Woman is probably tied up to Sony so they can't do that as well. So they aren't gonna set aside Captain Marvel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"