Who should be the villain?

with the ages of magneto and xavier and the holocaust as a pivotal thing from magneto's past, they could still use them as flashbacks or tell stories from other times a la x-men 97.

It might be time to consider reconnecting Magneto's origin so that he's a survivor of another, slightly more contemporary genocidal war, e.g., the Yugoslav wars, etc., etc.

I don't know main villain, but I want to see actual giant sentinels.

I don't know main villain, but I want to see actual giant sentinels.

i've said it a gazillion times, but i want O:ZT with the sentinels and Friends of Humanity as a big bad, but i feel like we might see it on the animated series first.

even the marvel movies don't really show the pissed off or scared side of humanity, aside from maybe killmonger?

It might be time to consider reconnecting Magneto's origin so that he's a survivor of another, slightly more contemporary genocidal war, e.g., the Yugoslav wars, etc., etc.
Swapping out one genocide for another is never going to go over well. It invites comparison between the events and making Erik part of another genocide would likely mean the erasure of his Jewishness in favor of something else (like making him Muslim Bosniak in your example).

I always wanted Bastion and Shadow King as villains at first. Mr Sinister in sequel.

change Magneto'origin ?? No way ! He must keep his jewish identity. We cant take its background off from him, thats what it make him Magneto

Feige could find a reason about longevity for some characters. mind-transfer to another body for Xavier, past experimentations on Max Eisenhardt by Sinister to alterate life expectancy ..

I actually think because of the cartoon, we won’t see Bastion. Think about it, by the time the film comes out people will feel like Bastion has already been done.

So we can take off Cassandra and bastion. Dark phoenix too and too soon for apocalypse. Sinister I would pretty say is definite but only in the background.

Friends of humanity might be more controversial than Disney is prepared for at the moment but I think that’s why they’re a good fit

I actually think because of the cartoon, we won’t see Bastion. Think about it, by the time the film comes out people will feel like Bastion has already been done.

So we can take off Cassandra and bastion. Dark phoenix too and too soon for apocalypse. Sinister I would pretty say is definite but only in the background.

Friends of humanity might be more controversial than Disney is prepared for at the moment but I think that’s why they’re a good fit
In the age of MAGA, why not?

I would say they should put their best foot forward for the first film and use Bolivar Trask and his Sentinels, since we really haven’t had them at all in live action yet (those poor excuses in DOFP don’t count), along with Senator Kelly as a secondary antagonist and Graydon Creed and the FOH as a minor reoccurring background villains. Senator Kelly gets saved by the X-Men near the end of the film and he changes his stance to be more pro-mutant, which enrages Graydon Creed and sets him down a path to become even more militant against mutants. This tees up Creed and the FOH to come to the forefront and become the main villains of the second film.

I know, I’m basically kind of taking from X-Men TAS, but it’s not a bad place to start. You really need to get the general audience fully on board before you really dive in deep and go all in on the super allegorical and controversial stuff. I think doing FOH as the main villains for the first film would be a mistake and a waste of their narrative potential. Start simple, then go all in on the really juicy stuff.

Also, the Sentinels are cool as f**k and give a lot of opportunity for really cool spectacle and action sequences, plus give some fodder for the X-Men, namely Wolverine, to completely go all out and annihilate.

Last edited:

I don't think appearance in X-Men '97 hinders anyone's chances especially if its well received.

Also I doubt majority of people who will watch the next X-Men movie, have seen X-Men 97. I know plenty of people who always watch Marvel movies, don't care to watch the MCU tv shows, especially a cartoon.

Arcade would be cool, but I think seeing a Sentinels vs an Actual team Of X-Men would be great.

Spur of the moment thought but, Friends Of Humanity in a more murdery(?) X-Force movie would be real cool to see.

Also, the Sentinels are cool as f**k and give a lot of opportunity for really cool spectacle and action sequences, plus give some fodder for the X-Men, namely Wolverine, to completely go all out and annihilate.

They could repurpose the Hammer droids from Ironman 2 as sentinels with upgrades (thus linking back into the earlier MCU) and the fallout of the destructive battle between the X-Men and the sentinels could be what causes the FOH group to spring up.

They could repurpose the Hammer droids from Ironman 2 as sentinels with upgrades (thus linking back into the earlier MCU) and the fallout of the destructive battle between the X-Men and the sentinels could be what causes the FOH group to spring up.

i said that years ago so i'm totally on board with this idea :up:

i really wish they'd go with a human villian the first time around. everyone is fighting the cosmic and super beings. you know there are some scared humans out there who don't all understand what is going on. or angry ones who have lost family with all these epic battles ravaging cities. (just think had kate bishop went to the dark after losing her dad in the battle of new york vs wanting to help people). all they need is a charismatic zealot to incite small groups of The Friends of Humanity, or Purifiers to fight back. it parallels the original premise of the beginning, and sadly it still parallels some parts of today. enter Graydon Creed. have the first film end with Trask building the sentinel project.

end credit scene or something where someone is on the run and you never see what's chasing them until they fall or are trapped and a giant shadow overcomes them with the words "halt, mutant". end scene lol

Friends of humanity + Mr. Sinister is the perfect combination for the first movie, and taking into account the world we live in.
Politically relevant and also comic accurate too (and fresh for moviegoers). Its a win win situation for the first film.

Last edited:
taking into account the world we live in.
Politically relevant
Movies quickly become dated when they try to be "politically relevant". If you deliberately try and make FOH in any way a "reflection" of MAGA (which is what you are alluding to), then you are instantly dating the movie to the Trump era. It's like how you can tell which movies set in New York were made before 9/11: The twin towers are still there. obviously film makers didn't know that event was going to happen but it has dated movies as a result.
enter Graydon Creed. have the first film end with Trask building the sentinel project.

end credit scene or something where someone is on the run and you never see what's chasing them until they fall or are trapped and a giant shadow overcomes them with the words "halt, mutant". end scene lol

Maybe Trask could employ Justin Hammer's help with the sentinels? Hammer was actually extremely competent when it came to the hardware side of machinery (as seen by how he fitted out the war machine suit with all the weapons he demonstrated to Rhodes), what screwed him over was the software side of things. As a disgraced former tech billionaire, Hammer is going to want to rebuild his standing within the community (especially after his incarceration) so what better way than an offer of helping to build a machine that will help protect humanity against a new "threat".

As for Creed, a good move might be to really emphasise his anti-mutant views during the movie and then have him be the end credit scene where he visits an incarcerated Sabretooth or Mystique (who are clearly mutants) and say with a disgusted tone "Hello Father" or "Hello Mother" depending on who he visits then they look at him and reply "Hello son" and then the scene ends.

I wasnt alluding to any real event, being totally honest. We live in a world (since forever) where humans hate people that are different, so FOH will always be revelant and current. That was my point.

Sinister is too big for the first film unless he returns for the sequel, he could end as 1 and done. I also don't know how you could make Sinister as a villain for the first film, when there would be a lot of groundwork for the X-Men first and Sinister seems like a slowburn villain. I think Bastion/Sentinels/or any human villains are easier to adapt for the first film, with the anti-mutant trope.

Sinister is too big for the first film unless he returns for the sequel, he could end as 1 and done. I also don't know how you could make Sinister as a villain for the first film, when there would be a lot of groundwork for the X-Men first and Sinister seems like a slowburn villain. I think Bastion/Sentinels/or any human villains are easier to adapt for the first film, with the anti-mutant trope.

I like the idea of the humans fighting back. They’re scared. Fear breeds hate et Al. Tie Hammer in with the sentinels or at least some tech and it helps root the X-Men into the universe a little more.

If they wanted to get intense and adapt the Moorlock Massacre and/or legacy virus, Sinister could easily become the main villain come end of second film or the third.

Hammer being part of orchis is a really intriguing idea. I think I like that more than Modok being there

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"