Inhumans Who Should Direct The Inhumans

In that case I can say that I doubt the single episode Joe Russo directed on his own is what made the difference between seasons 1 and 2

But the actor should be able to convey emotions with facial expressions alone.

I'm not too worried. This is just a tv show, and this guy's oly doing the first 2 episodes. If you look at the directors for other TV shows you can see they often do only one or two episodes of a show, and often it's directors you've never heard of each episode, while the quality of the show rarely suffers.

Yeah but the first two episodes will get an IMAX release. Surely, they could have hired someone more celebrated that would have brought more buzz to the show.

Yeah but the first two episodes will get an IMAX release. Surely, they could have hired someone more celebrated that would have brought more buzz to the show.

So out of this list of directing credits, which ones would you think of as celebrated and capable of bringing buzz?

mdDWOsm.png

So out of this list of directing credits, which ones would you think of as celebrated and capable of bringing buzz?

mdDWOsm.png

Oh yeah because their movies are struggling that they need a big name director? No. This is TV. God knows if Kevin Feige is even overseeing this show? Both Aos and At had terrible ratings later in their run. And if there would be some sort of difference for this show to maintain its quality, get more buzz by hiring a well celebrated director, then why not?

I admit that I don't know all that much about producing television shows...but my impression was that some shows will bring in a respected or big name director to set the tone and establish a base of what the show will be, and then other directors follow the rest of the series by building off of, but respecting, the direction of the first director.

The Inhumans brought in a guy that no one should have faith in to establish anything, as virtually his entire career is terrible sequels to movies that some other directors did.

But I could be wrong...maybe Marvel has their main production team handling everything and the director is just a hired gun to point a camera in a certain direction.

Last edited:
Haven't been following this.
Thought this guy was the showrunner, but it's Scott Buck.

I'll be expecting the worst from Roel Reiné (has a decent handle on action, on the other hand those performances are like watching paint dry)
but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"