Iron Man Who should do the music?

MaskedManJRK

Superhero
Reaction score
Here's a topic I don't think has been discussed yet. Who would you like to see compose music for the movie?

I nominate Harry Gregson-Williams, who did music for Man on Fire and the Metal Gear Solid series. I espicially bring up the MGS series because it uses a more electronic/mechanical edge that would fit Iron Man and places it in a truely epic score.

Discuss!

MaskedManJRK said:
Here's a topic I don't think has been discussed yet. Who would you like to see compose music for the movie?

I nominate Harry Gregson-Williams, who did music for Man on Fire and the Metal Gear Solid series. I espicially bring up the MGS series because it uses a more electronic/mechanical edge that would fit Iron Man and places it in a truely epic score.

Discuss!
I'd actually like to see a compilation for the soundtrack... something similar to what they had with Godzilla, only without a couple of the slower songs. Some good rock, alternative, then throw in some electronica or industrial at the movie's climax

I'm a huge Graham Revelle fan. His score to The Crow is absolutely amazing.

Halcohol said:
I'd actually like to see a compilation for the soundtrack... something similar to what they had with Godzilla, only without a couple of the slower songs. Some good rock, alternative, then throw in some electronica or industrial at the movie's climax

Eh...that's just dangerously close to the Fantastic Four soundtrack for my taste. :csad:

guitarsingerguy said:
I'm a huge Graham Revelle fan. His score to The Crow is absolutely amazing.

Eeeer... do you mean... Graeme Revell?

MaskedManJRK said:

Discuss!

Agreed. As soon as I saw the title for this thread I immediately thought of HGW. His MG theme music is 1 of the best pieces of music period.

James"007"Bond said:
Agreed. As soon as I saw the title for this thread I immediately thought of HGW. His MG theme music is 1 of the best pieces of music period.

Indeed. :up:

Hopefully it's someone who hasn't done a comic book movie score. That way we hear something new (well, sort of).

Harry Gregson-Williams or John Powell (or both) would be my picks.

Hoedowned said:
Hopefully it's someone who hasn't done a comic book movie score. That way we hear something new (well, sort of).

Harry Gregson-Williams or John Powell (or both) would be my picks.

John Powell would be good. Something along the lines of his score for Paycheck would be great for Iron Man.

420KIDD said:
No Danny Elfman

Eh...don't get me wrong, I love Danny Elfman, but Christ--he's done just about every other comic book franchise out there. I'd just rather see some new blood on it, is all.

Don't know who specifically, but I would suggest an industrail rock/metal soundtrack. Rammstein,Ministry,Orgy, etc.

Kent said:
Eeeer... do you mean... Graeme Revell?
if not danny elfman mr revell would do fine
but remember INSTRUMENTAL SCORES only
THIS film should have exactly ONE rock song and that of course is IRON MAN by black sabbath ninja:

3dman27 said:
THIS film should have exactly ONE rock song and that of course is IRON MAN by led zepplin:ninja:

You're embarassing yourself.

Halcohol said:

Please, no rock songs ala Daredevil. Ughh!!

^Amen! Very few if any songs in the movie. Instrumental for the most part is best. C'mon Jon, we need your music director to come up with a great Iron Man theme.

How about Black Sabbath for the closing credits? They wrote the right song for it! :)

i was going to say zimmer, b/c his blackhawk down score is awesome, but gregson-williams is def the better choice. he still has the pseudo-industrial-classic vibe going like zimmer but can stand on his own

his mgs3 score is excellent

I'd like to hear something from composer like Thomas Newman :up:

3dman27 said:
THIS film should have exactly ONE rock song and that of course is IRON MAN by black sabbath ninja:
better howdowned?:ninja:

3dman27 said:
better howdowned?:ninja:

Yep, it is. It's kinda wierd seeing that mistake, considering that they mention the song in almost every single thread (and honestly, it's starting to getting annoying by now).

Hoedowned said:
Yep, it is. It's kinda wierd seeing that mistake, considering that they mention the song in almost every single thread (and honestly, it's starting to getting annoying by now).

Not to mention the song has nothing to do with the marvel character of Ironman. It has no place in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"