BvS Who will win, BATMAN or SUPERMAN

Keep "Man of Steel" out of the title. Save it for the Superman sequel, if they want to use it.

Sorry, but it's just not classy enough for these two heavyweights. They deserve a better title that actually says something about them and the film itself...not just their names with a slash between them.

Superman/Batman: World's Finest is the middle-ground and solution. I'm not really looking at what's "classy" here, because honestly, I like their names in the title. Guess I'm just not classy enough. If the title ends up as just World's Finest, I won't complain.

vFny0.gif

has it occurred to anyone that there doesn't need to be a title ..

just the combined logo .. there's no mistaking what it'll be about ?

just a thought

just a thought

You high, bro?

just a thought

*Jim Carrey voice*

I like it a lot.

Superman. I want Superman to kick Batman's ass.

There won't be a real winner. They both will get some good shots in (Batman using gadgets and probably Kryptonite to even the odds), but then will either be interrupted or realize that they are being a pair of idiots.

You high, bro?

no .. how 'bout u ?

i didn't say there won't be a title .. i said there doesn't need to be one ..

fail to see why this flies over the heads .. ? pun intended ..

Superman and Batman should each have a moment where they utterly own each other. Like a moment where Batman shows off his genius and outsmarts Superman, and then a moment where Superman shows that no planning or prep time could stop Superman from destroying Batman if he really wanted to.

Ideally, this movie should have people walking out of the theater going "Those two are badass."

Avengers did it and everyone loved it

And Marvel has done that same bit for years, pitting one hero against another ad nauseum. Sure it was fun in Avengers, but it's still a cliché, and if the do the same in this movie, it's definitely gonna be highly unoriginal, and people will accuse DC of copying the Avengers (which wouldn't really be a lie).

Call it Superman/Batman: World's Finest

Then drop Superman/Batman if there's a sequel. Just call it World's Finest 2.

Kinda like how they did it with COD 4 and MW2.

And Marvel has done that same bit for years, pitting one hero against another ad nauseum. Sure it was fun in Avengers, but it's still a cliché, and if the do the same in this movie, it's definitely gonna be highly unoriginal, and people will accuse DC of copying the Avengers (which wouldn't really be a lie).

Not if it's done well. Imagine if out of the blue Superman gets tackled and walloped upon by a shadowy figure in cape, only for Superman to flip him over and reveal that it's Batman. The fight shouldn't be like the one between heroes in TA, it should be rawer, intense, and more suspenseful.

You don't want Superman killing Batman, and you don't want Batman injuring Supes. There should be that darkness there, so when it's a stalemate, there's a sense of relief to it.

no .. how 'bout u ?

i didn't say there won't be a title .. i said there doesn't need to be one ..

fail to see why this flies over the heads .. ? pun intended ..

It needs one. So things that can't produce pictures would be able identify it. Like... I don't know... Lists?!?

I hate myself for actually responding to that

Staying on topic, I've always liked Superman vs. Batman. It's straight forward. The only problem with it is that it implies that the entire movie is about total conflict between the two. They'll obviously pair up eventually. Superman vs. Batman: World's Finest is the best middle ground that folks have came up with.

You can't have one come out on top over the other. Everyone knows the battle between Superman and Batman remains at an eternal stalemate.

It'll end in a draw because the movie will end in a cliffhanger with both of them being blasted out of the sky after thwarting the Real Bad Guy's plan and crash-land on the shores of Themyscira...where about three dozen armed Amazon women will have their swords and spears trained on them...

...OK, no, not really.

Since the film is going to be a landmark-seeing the two icons on the live action screen, for the first time- I really do not want it descending to the 'my dad can beat your dad up' debate.

It'll end in a draw because the movie will end in a cliffhanger with both of them being blasted out of the sky after thwarting the Real Bad Guy's plan and crash-land on the shores of Themyscira...where about three dozen armed Amazon women will have their swords and spears trained on them...

...OK, no, not really.

This scenario reminds me very much of the ending of Evil Dead II. Having Ash land on Themyscira would be a helluva lot more interesting than the Incompetent Duo. :p

To have one beat the other implies that one's ideals are also better than the other's. You can't have Batman "beat" Superman because that means Batman is right and Superman is wrong. And you can't have Superman just "beat" Batman because that means Superman is right and Batman is wrong.

Neither will ever be able to win over the other because what they stand for goes beyond just superpowers and gadgets.

To have one beat the other implies that one's ideals are also better than the other's. You can't have Batman "beat" Superman because that means Batman is right and Superman is wrong. And you can't have Superman just "beat" Batman because that means Superman is right and Batman is wrong.

Neither will ever be able to win over the other because what they stand for goes beyond just superpowers and gadgets.

Precisely.

Superman represents the everyman and has been expanded to evoke Christian/Jewish Messiashs, while Batman is a Siddartha-like figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"