BvS Who will win, BATMAN or SUPERMAN

Superman, obviously. I think there is going to be a fight, and either Superman will win or. It'll be a draw.

I hate, hate, HATE a "VS" title and I will be less enthused if they go that route (and I'm a glass half full type person by nature.) Not only is it tacky, lacks imaginative input, and downright stupid sounding, you can't help but think of a gimmick. A "Freddy VS Jason" scenario where they'll face off Mortal Combat style.

Other than that, there won't be a "winner." There will be a conflict, there will be a dilemma and there will be a teammup.

Last edited:
It's gonna be called World's Finest. It has to be. They aren't stupid enough to really name it Superman vs. Batman...

I really hope there's no fight. Why can't Batman simply introduce himself to Superman, "Hello, Clark. Blah blah blah. Yes, I know who you are, blah blah blah, but you needn't fear. Like you I use what power I have to help those who cannot help themselves. Blah blah blah. But I've come to you today because The Joker/Ra's/whoever is no ordinary criminal. It'll take more than brute power to stop him. Blah blah. You'll need my help." Something to the gist of that. I 100% hope they do not fight. There's no point.

I really hope there's no fight. Why can't Batman simply introduce himself to Superman, "Hello, Clark. Blah blah blah. Yes, I know who you are, blah blah blah, but you needn't fear. Like you I use what power I have to help those who cannot help themselves. Blah blah blah. But I've come to you today because The Joker/Ra's/whoever is no ordinary criminal. It'll take more than brute power to stop him. Blah blah. You'll need my help." Something to the gist of that. I 100% hope they do not fight. There's no point.

Agreed.

there will be a fight. and both will win because this is how you make a good superman/batman movie.

They'll each get the upper hand at one point during the film, then while one of them is down and about to be subdued, one of several things will happen:

1. The Bad Guy shows up, reveals his evil plot (I distracted you two while I set of a nuclear bomb, haha, I win), and the guys join up to fight him.

2. The one winning will pause and realize that the fight seems weird. The person on the ground is the on the ground will be the one who has figured that out from the get-go, and is all, "Yeah, stupid. Glad you caught on finally", and then the guys join up to fight the Bad Guy.

3. Someone seriously needs help, and they abandon the fight to go be heroic, are forced to work together, and realize that they'd be better off working together than fighting.

there will be a fight. and both will win because this is how you make a good superman/batman movie.

Not really. Having them fight and then unite to defeat the villain is as cliché and old hat as it gets. I certainly hope that Goyer/Snyder have more originality than that.

Warner Bros shareholders

Not really. Having them fight and then unite to defeat the villain is as cliché and old hat as it gets. I certainly hope that Goyer/Snyder have more originality than that.

Avengers did it and everyone loved it

It's gonna be called World's Finest. It has to be. They aren't stupid enough to really name it Superman vs. Batman...

It doesn't have to be called World's Finest. It would benefit them more to include the names of Superman and Batman in the title. Maybe middle-ground with Superman/Batman with World's Finest as a subtitle. I know people that had no idea Man of Steel was a Superman movie, so that wouldn't be an issue if you include their names in the title. And a lot of people don't know that World's Finest means Batman and Superman. I could see some people thinking the movie is something different because of the title alone.

The fight will end with Superman rising out of the ocean with Batman's head in his hand. Then Batman will open his eyes, wink to the audience, and laugh. Credits!

Nah, I like World's Finest.

As for who'll win, it'd be nice to have both of them get their asses kicked and then die at the same time on the spot. :o

World's Finest only has meaning to comic readers.

Batman/Superman is a better title.

Avengers only has meaning to comic readers.

You hear The Avengers and it automatically sounds like something interesting. Sounds naturally comic-bookish and superheroey. World's Finest does not evoke the same feeling imo, and not a lot of people know its significance.

Now that isn't a problem because people know who the Avengers are, but I mean back then.

Avengers only has meaning to comic readers.

Not really. Avengers is the name of the team. When Batman and Superman hangout they don't call themselves the World's Finest. Even the comic is no longer called WF and is Batman/Superman.

World's Finest could mean anything....coffee? toothpaste? breakfast cereal?

People can learn that World's Finest has Batman and Superman in it. It's not just for comic book fans. Did they call The Avengers Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor VS Loki? Hell no, so we don't need Batman VS Superman.

Not really. Avengers is the name of the team. When Batman and Superman hangout they don't call themselves the World's Finest. Even the comic is no longer called WF and is Batman/Superman.

Ummm...what does Avengers being a team have to do with this? It only has meaning to comic readers. You can call this WF and it would work.

People can learn that World's Finest has Batman and Superman in it. It's not just for comic book fans. Did they call The Avengers Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor VS Loki? Hell no, so we don't need Batman VS Superman.

They built up the name "Avengers" throughout the span of the phase 1 movies. People watched these movies, heard the term, and probably looked it up or understood what it was in the context of the story.

The name "World's Finest" hasn't been built up over the years and not everyone researches like that on the internet.

"World's Finest" is not only rooted in the comics, it's a title that reflects the stature of Superman and Batman.

And its just badass.

We know the comics. We understand that. Everyone else does not. Like I said, Superman/Batman: World's Finest as the title is the solution.

Batman/Superman will resonate with the GA more than World's Finest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"