• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guardians of the Galaxy Who's Your Favorite Character?

God that's hard to say. They were all really good. I guess it'd be:

1. Rocket.
2. Gamora.
3. Drax.

But that's not slight on Star Lord or Groot. They were awesome as well. Heck I even really liked Nebula for the limited screentime that she got.

Do I really have to choose? I liked so many of the characters. If I had to, it'd be:

1. Star-Lord
2. Rocket
3. Yondu

I feel bad about leaving Groot, Drax, and Gamora out because I really loved them as well. If anything, they are a very close 4-6 and may as well be in a tie for 3rd with Yondu.

This is the best poll for any comic based film ever due to the fact that all of the "Guardians" were actually written tremendously well and stood out in their own ways. I have spoken to viewers, some who were familiar with the characters and some who were not, and there's not one Guardian who wasn't called the showstopper by at least one of them.

Me? I was a Rocket guy going in... and I'm still a Rocket guy. Gunn and Cooper exceeded my expectations. I'm now ready for Gunn and Whedon to do some collaboration work to bring Squirrel Girl into the MCU. :woot:

PS. For the record, I was sold on Pratt as Star Lord the moment that he hit play on the walkman and the opening credits kicked in. He was an extremely close second.

Rocket.

Groot is a close second.

1. Drax

2. Rocket

3. Ronan

Drax - Biggest surprise and got the most laughs from me. Also, I'm big into family too.

Gamorra - In a film of nutty nut jobs, she stood out for her straightforwardness. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I liked that aspect. Would have preferred her being a little more badass though.

Rocket - Yeah, his [BLACKOUT]drunken breakdown[/BLACKOUT] won me over. And the [BLACKOUT]"we're standing in a circle"[/BLACKOUT] line, and...

Groot - Because he's Groot. The contrast that flower scene with his utter[BLACKOUT]demolition[/BLACKOUT] of Ronan's men.... :wow:

Starlord - He's 5th here, but let's say we were judging the top 20 comic book movie characters across the board, he'd be way near the top.

Least favourite character (with a reasonable role) - Nebula - Just didn't care about her.

1. Drax/Rocket

2. Ronan

3. Groot

4. Star Lord

5. Gamora

6. Yondu

7. Korath

I love all the central team! But if I had to pick one favourite, it'd be Star-Lord.

I'm the one that voted for Ronan. I LOVED what Lee Pace did. He was intimidating, bold, brash. He was everything I wanted him to be.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like it was a runaway for the vote. Chris Pratt was incredible and I think will finally break out completely because of this movie. Bradley Cooper did a LOT better than I expected as Rocket. Vin Diesel, even though he didn't have to do a lot of work, did an incredible voice job. You could really tell what he was saying to Rocket, even if all he said was "I am Groot." There was real emotion and personality there. He wasn't very wooden (ha, pun). And the character they gave Groot visually was amazing as well.

The only character I was disappointed in was Drax, and that's only because Dave Bautista clearly still needs a ton of acting lessons.

But in all actuality, it was hard to pick because virtually everything in this movie from top to bottom was an A+.

I agree with everything you just said about Ronan but damn it if they couldn't have added just a little more of him to flesh him out and make him that much better.

I don't have a favorite. I liked them all. It was pretty well rounded for me. I thought for sure I'd hate that Racoon but Marvel pulled it off.

Starlord, followed by Rocket.

Can't really say most of rocket's quips kind of fell short with me I was left wanting to more of Ronan and wanting to know what Nebula's motivations were so i ended up voting for Ronan

I agree with everything you just said about Ronan but damn it if they couldn't have added just a little more of him to flesh him out and make him that much better.

A little more of a deeper understanding of Ronan would've been nice. But I still loved what they did with him. Really it would've been nice to see a little more on the Kree as a whole.

I'm the one that voted for Ronan. I LOVED what Lee Pace did. He was intimidating, bold, brash. He was everything I wanted him to be.

Lee Pace delivered a great performance but the writing was poor. You can say the same about Karen Gillan as Nebula.

Rocket, followed very closely by Quill. All five of the Guardians were great though. Special mention goes to Drax, since he wasn't played by a real trained actor. But Dave Bautista actually was very good and was able to handle his own against his more experienced co-stars.

After them, I really liked Yondu. He was a far more interesting character than you would normally expect for his role in the plot.

Last edited:
Loved them all, but I had to go with Star-Lord. That dancing scene at the beginning killed me.

Groot by far. I also liked Gamora too, more than most people here it seems.

1. Groot
2. Star-Lord
3. Rocket

I loved ALL of the Guardians, though, and they each had some great moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"