• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guardians of the Galaxy Who's Your Favorite Character?

All of them were great but I have to give it to Starlord. Great combination of Han Solo and Jack Burton(Big Trouble in Little China).

I find it so hard to pick my favourite out of the Guardians gang I love them for different reasons, I think Rocket just wins out because of the unexpected way he pulled at my heartstrings. I expected bitter kickass Rocket but not a vulnerable one.

Hard to say, probably Starlord. Drax and Rocket come pretty close though. Drax was a surprise for me. He had the least impressive presence in the trailers but had some of the best lines in the film. "Nothing goes over my head." Nothing beats Chris Pratt's first scene in the film though.

I ***** myself when
Groot kills all the people then turns towards the camera and smiles! and also the dancing scene! aha!

I agree with everything you just said about Ronan but damn it if they couldn't have added just a little more of him to flesh him out and make him that much better.

he almost turned out like malekeith. maybe a flashback scene of him killing the families would not only make him seem more menacing and evil but would also develop his character alot!

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86nMHfvl7s[/YT]

The movie went so quick! I think thats because the scenes flowed so well that i didnt notice the scenes changing dramatically (skipping plot points) like some other movies!

Groot's always there to cheer me up :D
groot-branches.gif

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxb7b0jGZvc[/YT]

Rocket, but it's close between him, Star Lord and Groot.

Rocket, definitely. All the Guardians were great though. :D

Of the team my favourite was probably Groot followed by Rocket then Starlord then Drax then Gamora

Star Lord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora and then Drax...followed by Ronan...specifically in that order. :p

Gamora.

But I also really like Rocket and Yondu.

This was hard ! I'll go in order from fav to least fav

1. Rocket....just has the best lines, and we see a huge range from him, despite the fact that he's a CGI raccoon. We see him angry, crazy, sarcastic, wickedly funny and then tearful. I never thought I would care about at CGI raccoon before GOTG, but Rocket was fantastic.

He's a crazy little critter (especially when he and Groot take on the Sentry goons) who takes no crap.

2. Star Lord, in the tradition of Han Solo and Malcolm Reynolds, he's another outlaw, but instead of pretending to be a big badass, he doesn't take himself seriously at all. Tremendous fun, he had me at the dance number in the opening sequence !

3. Yondu, a small role but a memorable one, and a much cooler version than the comic book Yondu, this one had some balls and menace, but also lots of humour.

4. Drax: Bautista actually has really good comic timing.

Rocket Raccoon: [about Drax] Metaphors go over his head.
Drax the Destroyer: NOTHING goes over my head!... My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

Peter Quill: We've already established that you destroying the ship I'm on is not saving me!
Drax the Destroyer: When did we establish that?
Peter Quill: Like three seconds ago!
Drax the Destroyer: Well I wasn't listening then, I was thinking of something else...

Negbula: Gamora, you've always been weak! You stupid, traitorous...
[Drax blasts Nebula]
Drax the Destroyer: No one talks to my friends like that.

LOL !

5. Groot: Diesell does a lot with variations on three words, and the animators are just superb.

6. Ronan: a real B-list Marvel Villain who comes across as a credible menace and is genuinely scary as a genocidal fanatic. Well done Lee Pace, a long way since Pushing Daisies.

7. Gamora: yeah, kind of a mix of Uhura + Neytiri, Saldana looks incredible (even green) but is probably the least interesting of the cast. Still good but not even close to Rocket.

That's just how I see it.

I loved all of the characters in the comics before seeing the movie, but Drax and Ronan were far and away my favourites, I loved both in the movie, but I loved everyone else as well, I honestly cant decide, but I think it comes down to Drax or Rocket.

As great as everyone was, I voted Nebula...I loved it when she was on screen! Like Starscream but better. I really thought Groot was going to be my favorite.

^I have to agree Nebula was awesome, how Karen Gillen was able to make so sexy as well is a testament to the girl.

All of them were great but I have to give it to Starlord. Great combination of Han Solo and Jack Burton(Big Trouble in Little China).
Rocket for me. You mentioning those characters highlights a little weakness with Pratt. He's too goofy in his delivery. Basically a nerd trapped ina buff body. Those guys were masculine and dry with their delivery.

I still love this film though.

1. Rocket - "The heart and soul of the film" as James put it

2. Starlord - Very fun character from beginning to end

3. Yondu - Dramatically different from the comics, but still one the most interesting characters despite not having such a big role.

As great as everyone was, I voted Nebula...I loved it when she was on screen! Like Starscream but better. I really thought Groot was going to be my favorite.
Nebula wasn't my favorite since the five heroes were all so great, but I'm surprised most are so underwhelmed by her. I thought she was very captivating and I loved her seemingly unhinged nature - it makes her very scary and unpredictable. I also like her back story and I'm glad she survived so they can explore her and Gamora's relationship more in the future. I feel like we only got a taste of what's to come from her, and Gamora for that matter.

Hard to pick because they're all great for their own reasons. Batista as Drax was perfect, Rocket was superb, Groot ended up being more interesting than I thought he'd be & it's hard to beat Chris Pratt as Star Lord. I kind of want to choose Gamora, she was a badass.

So which Guardian is most intelligent?

This is something I'm wondering after my third viewing. All 5 of them seem incredibly intelligent and skilled for a supposed bunch of "screw ups." At the very least they are all a lot smarter than you'd initially think. But I suppose that's the only way to hack it in space. Plus being so introverted and having the drive that they do must explain it.

I'd rank them as follows from most intelligent to least (based on the context of the film):

1. Rocket (particularly in mechanical engineering and not in "talking good")
2. Starlord (an astronautical pilot and strategic leader)
3. Drax (judging by his vocabulary not his rational thought)
4. Groot (Groot is obviously not stupid, though his "vocabulistics" make it difficult to determine)
5. Gamora (not to say she is unintelligent, but she seems to be the least strategic minded and least capable of calculated decision making)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"