Where are all the Marvel games??

In the past, I remember thinking that FPS Avengers game looked lame. Now I would sell my soul to get it back.

no one said that . some people wish there was more to the marvel side added though & compared to sky Landers they wish there was alot more with the marvel side, but the games fine & fun.

But it's not for every marvel fan the play games especially those the want more mature content or find it too Expensive .

The people that made captain America for sega don't exist as a studio anymore not under that name they had anyway

well, I wasn't asking looking a specific answer. as it is the game did get okay reviews and the gameplay to me doesn't look it may bring that much, but to each their own you know. haven't played it myself so i can't completely knock it.

I grew up in a time when Marvel games were fantastic.

The 1990's had fantastic 16bit hits like X-Men Genesis, Spiderman/Venom: Maximum Carnage, X-Men Arcade. On PSX there were great hits like X-Men Children of the Atom, Marvel Superheroes, Spiderman PSX, etc.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance series was okay, but it pales in comparison to the quality games that used to be licensed.

47755_front.jpg

X-Men_Genesis_Box_Art.png

msh-ps1box.jpg

37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions and Deadpool were a step in the right direction, but they weren't by any stretch of the imagination Triple A titles like what the Arkham series is. Sure they still made the amazing Capcom vs Marvel games but these are essentially a 20 year old game engine. In terms of innovation DC's Injustice is far ahead.

I think part of the reason is that Marvel has mainly made their games in line with the film releases and whilst this can result in gems like Spiderman 2 and Wolverine Origins, it usually results in rushed third party titles that don't stack up.

Marvel has such an amazing library of past games and such a dynamic and interesting universe I just think it's a huge shame that we aren't seeing great games set in that universe anymore.

Hell I'd settle for a Marvel 16 Bit/Arcade era best of box set.

Yes!!! I want an answer to.

And for anyone saying Activision, it isn't Activision's fault. All the ****** MCU game tie-ins were by Sega. That ****** Avengers Kinect game was done by Ubisoft. Activision did Spidey, Deadpool, X-Men, and Ultimate Alliance.

To me the reasons are:

****** movie game tie-ins
****ing mobile games
The Goddamn Disney Infinity
And lack of ambition

Marvel has said they want to create a gaming universe like what the MCU is to film. Terrible ****ing idea. Games are nothing like films. Now to do gaming series like how Nintendo has Metroid, Star Fox, Mario, Donkey Kong, and others is a good idea; a gaming universe doesn't do anything.

Marvel should do what Disney did to Star Wars. Sell to EA.

I'll go on a limb here and say most people exclude Infinity here for the same reason they exclude mobile titles: it's not really a "core" experience. I've never played Infinity, but from what I gather, it's a very simple world-building game with little depth, obviously aimed at a very casual crowd. Most people who post about this stuff want AAA budget titles like Injustice or Arkham games with Marvel properties.

And for anyone saying Activision, it isn't Activision's fault. All the ****** MCU game tie-ins were by Sega. That ****** Avengers Kinect game was done by Ubisoft. Activision did Spidey, Deadpool, X-Men, and Ultimate Alliance.

To me the reasons are:

****ing mobile games
And lack of ambition

Marvel has said they want to create a gaming universe like what the MCU is to film. Terrible ****ing idea. Games are nothing like films. Now to do gaming series like how Nintendo has Metroid, Star Fox, Mario, Donkey Kong, and others is a good idea; a gaming universe doesn't do anything.

Here's the article. Activision was primarily responsible for this games shortcoming(after
High Moons fantastic Transformers games) turns out right. A Former High Moon dev stated this:
Quote:
Yup exactly. We had a couple of weeks where we crunched pretty aggressively on Deadpool. Having Activision cut and cut and CUT just took its toll on so many of us. For a studio to demand that we do
mandatory overtime for a project and then keep cutting so much time and money from it was ridiculous. At about halfway into development we were told that we weren't even aiming very high in terms of score. Can you imagine working on a game where your higher ups say "yeah we're
shooting for a 64 or lower" and then have them give you mandatory overtime?
End quote From: http://www.examiner.com/article/ex-high-moon-studios-employee-on-deadpool-troubled-development

Since then marvel has been gun shy with console publishers cause what happen and the fact sega made poor titles as well with the exception of the captain America game yeah the latter were movie based but it made them scared this why people are suggesting they make their own in house publisher studio like they did for their movies division. examples
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu.../marvel-needs-to-fix-its-gaming-division.aspx

and
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=474599&page=13

To me the reasons are:

****ing mobile games
And lack of ambition

Again, Marvel does not make games. Marvel has never made games. Marvel has always licensed out games to publishers, they have never had a game studio. And now they are owned by Disney. Whatever licenses they had that were not contracted to another publisher is under the control of Disney Interactive, which is Disney's game division.

Again, Marvel does not make games. Marvel has never made games. Marvel has always licensed out games to publishers, they have never had a game studio. And now they are owned by Disney. Whatever licenses they had that were not contracted to another publisher is under the control of Disney Interactive, which is Disney's game division.
Sadly that's not completely true Disney bought part of the Naruto franchise later in it's life span and they let it run it's course as it was pretty much had to only the people that made that series know where that was going. and that anime had alot of graphic violence.

Disney also let marvel run thing's how they like over all movie & comic's as long as they are still making profit and there's no issues of multiple failure due to bad chose's that keep's repeatedly happening from marvel like what happened with Lucas arts. which re-structuring would happen .

As long as that doesn't happen Disney will allow you to run thing's as you want or see fit. Marvel heroes 2015 for Expample as I put up the head of gaz stated on video they are told by marvel & marvel only what they can use & can't use in the game permission wise . the same deal with contest of champs Disney isn't involved with them ether I put up those video's here for those to see from the head dev's mouths saying so to place's like Ign & marvel the watcher.

as stated here
Ok VOD of

9:40
[YT]6HIM4ecXc8w[/YT]

Marvel Contest of Champions creators TJ Mclain and Gene Campbell on Marvel LIVE!

• No views
  • 11 minutes ago
source:Marvel@Nycc 2014

And all they stuff they showed today & yesterday

Disney infinity panel Tomorrow

and from IGN

Marvel Heroes Wasn't Good, Now it Is - Up at Noon
[YT]FtPLztTJ5fQ[/YT]
1 hour 3 minutes ago - David Brevik, tells Up at Noon how Marvel Heroes 2015 fixes its mistakes -- and if it could come to consoles. See More »

archangel-777 Zigadeezac • 2 days ago Considering how much DCUO took off on PS3, Marvel Heroes on Consoles would be a great idea.
"voting" 1 •Share

Starts at about 10:30 for those who want to skip the banter.

Marvel has different contracts with others some of which Disney isn't involved in & gaz isn't a part of the Disney deal/contract
they went strait to Marvel the big D wasn't mentioned. it seems Disney is only there for financial support and to help put things out there. There were few games that were put out by Disney but with this one it seems they aren't the ones the these particular dev's answer to.

These guys are the same as gazillion they answer to Marvel.

there are some certain dev's studio's the head strait to Marvel to as them permission to use their characters those video the people/ dev studio head's say those words them selves. All via you tube. dis has some cotrol but not over everything marvel game wise

Last edited:
That said though marvel could definitely take a bigger role in who they give their licensing to because it's obvious there has been a massive dip in quality from games that marvel has a role in

Marvel does not have, nor have they ever had, a game studio like they created a film studio. Unless this has changed recently, and nothing you posted shows me anything about a Marvel game studio. Regardless, Disney still has control over their properties to an extent, so Marvel can't license off any of their properties anymore that I'm aware.

Marvel does not have, nor have they ever had, a game studio like they created a film studio. Unless this has changed recently, and nothing you posted shows me anything about a Marvel game studio. Regardless, Disney still has control over their properties to an extent, so Marvel can't license off any of their properties anymore that I'm aware.
nothing I say other the then fact that dev heads say on video saying they answer only to marvel as far as the character use on video did

We do see Mr. Brevik was asked by greg as you see there "does Disney tell you what to do ?" "he said no to greg." the people of contest of champion's were asked this by the people of the watcher the latter of which is owned by marvel they said they went to marvel them selves . all there on video you can say that, but the video's of them say other wise Disney isn't involved with those two titles of games.

It's not me it's from, it's from them. They are the ones that matter after that. I Don't care if I'm believed cause what matter is what they say what/ who they're contract is to.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, nothing about that contradicts what I say. They might have some degree of freedom, I guess, but it doesn't really stop the fact that they aren't actually making these games or that Disney is their parent company now.

I really just want an X-Men Legends for the modern gen.

Those games were fantastic, they just lacked some depth. Marvel Ultimate Alliance were pretty meh considering the capabilities of the systems they were released on.

I'd like to see a God of War esque level of complexity in a cooperative X-Men game.

I really just want an X-Men Legends for the modern gen.

Those games were fantastic, they just lacked some depth. Marvel Ultimate Alliance were pretty meh considering the capabilities of the systems they were released on.

I'd like to see a God of War esque level of complexity in a cooperative X-Men game.
if we do get them ever again they won't be under those names cause activision will used it as an excuse to sue since their break up with marvel. cause they made the games some how cause they published it will have an excuse for that by law the names are their's.

Just keep that in mind. they will have to make the game play some different too. To a degree.

It's too bad that Radical Entertainment went to EA, and then got disbanded. Their work on Hulk Ultimate Destruction was excellent. Had they continued to make Marvel games, I think they could have been Marvel's answer to Rock Steady.

Erick Holms the director for Arkham origins made those hulk ultimate games keep that in mid too . Yeah it was a shame

Playing Lego Marvel Superheroes has made me want a new X-Men Legends/Marvel Alliance type game, those were the last great ones to me. Marvel V Capcom was a good game but I'm not really into 1v1 fighting games any more, get a bit boring quickly to me.

Merged the two threads. Remember folks, search is your friend.

Marvel doesn't have a game studio but they have a video game department at Marvel Entertainment. It's called Marvel Interactive.

It does seem pretty crazy given their success with films that they haven't bought out a wild succession of good games.

Marvel doesn't have a game studio but they have a video game department at Marvel Entertainment. It's called Marvel Interactive.
what I've been suggesting is that part of marvel become a publisher house for games with up coming studio's that answer to marvel or work for them til the earn their independence or want to keep working for them which is why I was suggesting joe mad's studio. he's still with them all along that made a studio recently Then the other half of the former vigil studio team that made a studio of their own that worked for crytek USA til the fallout over there cause the owner of crytek USA was duchey to his workers . So they broke free formed their own studio again.

As I said Joe mad ( Joe Madureira)who has worked for marvel as their artist in their books is still working with one half of the Dark Siders creators formerly known as Vigil they are now known as Airship Syndicate here a article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...lopers-form-new-studio-airship-syndicate.aspx

Now the other half 0f the former Vigil studio's Darksiders creators that was apart of crytek America for a bit, but was screwed over with no pay for weeks also formed their own studio they are known now as Gunfire Games: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...s-founder-leaves-crytek-forms-new-studio.aspx & http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/08/vigil-games-core-team-reforms-again-as-gunfire-games/

Team Greg Rucka of Ar-k:http://www.siliconera.com/tag/ar-k/ up with Joe Madureira for the creative side of marvel's games division to Rival Jim lee over at DC Games division.
The game is split into episodic content, with Ash coming on board from chapter two, titled The Girl That Wasn’t There. Episode’s 3 and 4 will also see writer Greg Rucka join up, who has written at DC Comics and Marvel on projects including Wonder Woman, Batwoman, Wolverine and Elektra.
Let TQ Jefferson(Senor VP)handle the business side & the money there.

start of with these people and start have other new developing studio's with devs ether marvel has known like finding the former high moon dev';s if they made a new studio of their own yet or Anyone that is a dev that is creating a new studio and has been known for certain mastering a certain genre.

Most dev's are contract workers til they make a studio of their own, find former Rockstar dev's that have made Grand theft Auto for a toy box styled Punisher game for young adults & older since Disney infinity is for kids/ family's .

Make a semi Arkham styled game from the people that made the captain America or Sleeping dog's for a new Dare devil game and have new version the captain America too.

RPG's there are ton's that have left both Bio ware & Obsidian and they have made their own studio's find or they haven't still find them & have them make a studio so marvel ca have both X-men, Avengers Champion's, Defenders, Fantastic four, Heroes for hire, Marvel knights & new warrior's Games

They don't all have to be the same studio this is what's cool about being a publisher house for games. You can have many different studio's that Specialize in just one or multiple genre of games all under your umbrella.

It's not that different then what they are doing for their movies with different director's for each of their movies, for certain characters or super hero team movies .

like I said they are better off with what they did with their movies start a publisher studio house of their own with Disney backing them but not stepping in I'd like to see people from marvel that have the same back ground(In that they have played games and have worked in the games industry for a bit) As Jim lee people that can run the creative side for Marvel's Games division that have worked there like Joe Madureira writer Greg Rucka too
The majority of your portfolio is writing comics or novels—what drove you to a video game project such as AR-K?

Greg Rucka, writer: I’ve been a fan of the form for years and years. Computer games—as opposed to videogames—were just becoming a thing when I got out of college, and I fell in love with them. I think it’s a tremendous entertainment form, and I genuinely believe it’s an emerging, and very dynamic, art form as well. Speaking as a writer, the chance to work in such an environment is irresistible.

Your one past video game credit was as a story designer for Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow. Have your experiences working on that game proven useful when working on this one?

I’ve actually done more work than that, but much of it has been uncredited. Each game is different in my experience, and each studio approaches their work in their own way. There are certain rules that I think have proven true across the board, so in that sense, yes, the experience on Syphon Filter certainly influences how I work on AR-K. But the work is very different in each case. I’m far more involved in AR-K that I ever have been on any of the other games I’ve worked on.
the latter of which is working on a game like this http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/18/comic-book-writer-greg-rucka-talks-writing-videogame/

has a history in the games industry prior to even that let TQ Jefferson just Handel the money.

Well I put up all the stuff I can. oh and they were pushing the writer for contest of champions the game really hard so there's an riht there

Last edited:
There's not really any point in Marvel Entertainment having its own video game publishing unit when Disney Interactive could do that for them.

Just so you all know guys, it is Disney Studios that releases and distributes all the Marvel films guys. Disney Studios handles the marketing, distribution, etc. It's not Marvel releasing the film. Marvel just isn't a company that has a specific needs for its own game publishing division right now because they aren't really making many big video games.

For example, WB Interactive publishes all the DC Entertainment games. That's just how it is.

There's not really any point in Marvel Entertainment having its own video game publishing unit when Disney Interactive could do that for them.

Just so you all know guys, it is Disney Studios that releases and distributes all the Marvel films guys. Disney Studios handles the marketing, distribution, etc. It's not Marvel releasing the film. Marvel just isn't a company that has a specific needs for its own game publishing division right now because they aren't really making many big video games.

They only went to Disney at first to avoid the struggles of being on bankruptcy as a comic empire & those weird law suit's of the usual creator of character's or family trying to milk them over old laws the comic industry had which is similar to how both the movie & game industry has been jerking them around of late. Once they had s movie studio of their own they became of more value to Disney. disey cotue to allow to to had stuff the way they want due to all this . Besides after the scare with "epic mickey" Disney won't do it for a while.

But marvel shown they are more likely to do it as along as they are in control like with gazillion & the people of contest of champion's who often have to ask marvel for permission with character's to do anything.

the same deal was said with creative direct Jens Anderson with DCUO he has to head to Jim Lee's department for permission with that as well.

Last edited:
Even if they could find a way to make the old 16 Bit games available on XBox Live and PSN that would be awesome.

I'd pay up to 30 bucks for an X-Men, X-Men Clone Wars, X-Men/Spiderman and Spiderman/Venom: Maxium Carnage collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"