The Amazing Spider-Man Why do people think this movie was dark?

Em Dee

Chasing Spiders
Reaction score
One complaint I'll never understand, to me, it was a light hearted movie with some dark qualities.

Because it mostly takes place at night, I'd guess.

It's dark and colorful IMO. I like the fact that most of it took place at night. Wish the second movie had kept that same quality.

I think because the overall realistic tone it had, you know Spider-Man actuall swung realistically.

It's dark and colorful IMO. I like the fact that most of it took place at night. Wish the second movie had kept that same quality.

The reason why they changed the quality because you had idiots calling it a Nolan Batman movie rip off

What's sad now is that you have people complaining about the quality of TASM2. If they change up the tone in any of the sequels/spin-offs, then none of them are really going to mesh together. If they keep it the same, you're going to have people upset because it was still too colorful and light.

It's just another reason why this franchise is set to fail.

I really didn't see anything batman dark in the first film but uncle ben's death

Well, technically speaking, the film is rather dark. The 2D version of the film looks fantastic on Blu-ray though--it's reference quality. The sharpness, detail, contrast and shadow detail is suberb, even for such a dark film. However, the darkness contributes to a lack of separation and depth and therefore the 3D suffers greatly. There's barely any 'pop' to the film. Very lackluster to say the least for 3D viewing.

Someone dying doesn't make a CBM as dark as Batman.

at night uncle ben just got shot three times and we see bullet wounds with blood on them with peter grieving.

but despite that the movie as a whole isn't even that dark nor on the level of nolan and batman. it just seems like a similar tone most movies have. infact, i can even say the tone is pretty much similar to winter soldier. infact, when i kept watching the film i see that it's trying to be an inspirational film like it's trying to avoid being a comic book film and more like a film being inspired by amny great films like E.T. and faranheit.

What's sad now is that you have people complaining about the quality of TASM2. If they change up the tone in any of the sequels/spin-offs, then none of them are really going to mesh together. If they keep it the same, you're going to have people upset because it was still too colorful and light.

They need to stop trying to please the un-pleasable

at night uncle ben just got shot three times and we see bullet wounds with blood on them with peter grieving.

Uncle Ben was shot at night and we saw Peter grieving in first Raimi Spider-Man movie too. It doesn't make the movie dark lol.

I have never understood it either but I think someone took it abit far with TASM in terms of tone change when there wasn't a problem with it being to dark to begin with

Uncle Ben was shot at night and we saw Peter grieving in first Raimi Spider-Man movie too. It doesn't make the movie dark lol.

i meant in a night so dark with the area so dirty and lights so orange that and his wounds are literally shown bleeding while peter is placing both of his hands on his injuries.

It's just another reason why this franchise is set to fail.

you're right. we have to be more careful of what we say.

If by dark you mean s**t, then that's because it's terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"