Why haven't the Avengers ever faced Apocalypse?

Docker2.0

Watchin' you!
Reaction score
Why? Dude once ruled the world in age of Apocalypse and defeated the Hulk to make him one of his horsemen. I know he's an X villian but if dude is that powerful and "far from being a mutant than you can imagine", shouldn't Earth's mightiest heroes be called upon to defeat him?

Apocalypse didn't defeat the Hulk, he got the Juggernaut to do it for him.

Because Apocalypse isn't exactly classified as an "Avengers level" threat. o_O

*Is waiting for the X-Fanboy backlash.*

Mistress Gluon said:

:cmad:

:p

Mistress Gluon said:

How is he not considered an Avengers level threat but Silver Samarai is?
And if I came out yelling to loud Mistress, I apologize. Maybe a hard spanking would put me in my place. :)

Docker said:
How is he not considered an Avengers level threat but Silver Samarai is?
And if I came out yelling to loud Mistress, I apologize. Maybe a hard spanking would put me in my place. :)

lol It was a joke. Probably because nobody really wanted to do Apocalypse, since it didn't really fit into the whole Avengers thing without somehow tying in with the X-Men.

Tying in?! Wow, must everything you say contain some reference to leather, chains, and whips?!

Never mind threat level, as a character he's 2 dimensional and just plain ****. leave him with the x-men. It'd only mean we get Avengers from future alternate timeline outer-worldly colonies displaced through some act of.... BORED

Docker said:
Tying in?! Wow, must everything you say contain some reference to leather, chains, and whips?!

Side effect of my name. lol But you know us French. We're kinky. ;)

MyPokerShirt said:
Never mind threat level, as a character he's 2 dimensional and just plain ****. leave him with the x-men. It'd only mean we get Avengers from future alternate timeline outer-worldly colonies displaced through some act of.... BORED

I wouldn't call ALL Avenger's villans as more than two dimensional. Look at Ultron. Apocalypse is WAY more interesting than Ultron.

It's very simple:
The Avengers are a superhero team loved by the public. They wouldn't dare get involved in a "mutant issue," or their approval rating might drop. Same reason the Avengers never jumped in when sentinels were hunting down 13 year old kids in shopping malls.

Agreed! Avengers don't really have 1 direct villian. Seems like Kang or Ultron would be the closest thing but even they are missing something. I say "promote" Apocy to be an Avengers villian and give Mr. Sinister a power boost so he could be more than the X boys can handle. :o

MyPokerShirt said:

que?

I always kinda wondered what happened to the Avenger sin "age of Apco" era.

Some of them are actually in the arc, actually: Stark, Hulk, Black Panther, Spidey, etc. If they weren't actually in the story, it's mentioned they were killed.

The New Avengers fought him in the recent ultra crappy Apoc arc.

IMO Apoc is one the lamest and most "cookie cutter" type villains ever.

Apoc isn't any fun to read because he is pure evil. He doesn't have any real motivations. Evil for no reason other than being evil is boring.

Apacalypse isn't concerned at all with good or evil. All he cares about is the development of the human race according to the concept of survival of the fittest. He sees himself as the personifiacation of the concept. In his own mind he probably sees himself as being above good or evil.

Alex Summers said:
Apocalypse didn't defeat the Hulk, he got the Juggernaut to do it for him.

Actually pretty sure Apocalypse was choke holding Hulk, and Hulk screaming "Let me go!!!", without the Hulk breaking a sweat. Even if it was a supposedly weakened Hulk (tho some sources say he was even a bit stronger without banner holding him back), Apoc is listed as unknown in power as well. Apoc draws on other sources for strength, meaning as long as there's a source from wherever he draws it, he's really infinite in strength, not counting his ability to grow probably increases his strength further like Giant man's proportional strength.

BTW Apoc's not on the current Avenger's threat list because he's not a group of ninja's, or aliens. If only he could get normal human strength, and learn to use a katana, then he'd be a threat.

*waits for avenger-fanboy backlash* o_O :)

MyPokerShirt said:

As for that, it depends on the writer. Apoc when written right is one of my favorite villains, when written wrong he is 2 dimensional and boring. One series he gets his ass handed too him by Stryfe and minions, in another future he hands cable his ass on a daily basis, and his 'son' stands up to Nate Grey the X-Man. I personally would love a jump start on Apoc by having him hand the Avengers their asses, just to show Apoc can still hang with the Marvel big boys. And I'd like to see him do it with his bare hands, not with his horsemen doing the work. Apoc has all the tools to be a great villain, and the powers to stand up to anyone, instead every writter has his horsemen do the work while he sets back like some cowardly leader.

Furthermore said:
Apoc isn't any fun to read because he is pure evil. He doesn't have any real motivations. Evil for no reason other than being evil is boring.

On this, I wouldn't agree. Apoc is similar to how some have put Doom's motivation, and knocking Apoc's motivations while saying Doom's are the best (in another thread with a poll, not that who I quoted said that) is messed up. Apoc is the first mutant, he's watched the world and basically decided it's his right to rule. If it was pure evil he'd simply kill everyone, but if you notice every potential future he rules in there's always ppl alive. Tho unlike Doom he never acheives a utopia, he does however rule like a monarch to his subjects.

The Avengers havent fought Apocalypse because the X-men beat them to it.

Should the Avengers fight Apocalypse? I saw no because he's lame and boring. In fact he's so lame and boring that his horsemen are consistently more interesting than he is. And like I said in another thread a grouping of the more powerful Avengers would hand Apoc his ass.

Give me Kang (in all his varying incarnations) over Apoc any day

The Avengers don't get involved in mutant matters, well only when they have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"