Why Marvel won't give Hawkeye a movie

Besides the obvious reasons everyone has mentioned above, Renner's not getting any younger. He's going to shift away from doing a recurring role to do the whole "expanding horizons" bit every actor/actress goes on about when they don't replay a character for an umpteenth time.

I'm doubtful even a TV show could work all that well at this point if it's supposedly connected to the MCU.

Well he will be 46 next week, not 60. And with Mission Impossible he is already with Action movies (he is not Evans, who has to hold a helicopter :drl: )
And I dont Need a trilogy of him, maybe one.

But I would be happy too, to see him like Scarlett in Winter Soldier in a Movie.

I mean how many people in the audience are familiar with professional archery to begin with? Not saying it excuses it but clearly that hasn't been the dealbreaker for audiences.

Hawkeyes extensive role in avengers 2 was clearly its weakest link. Don't want a 2.5 hour Movie about that. He works well as a side character, let's keep it that way.

It was a pretty good break between the action sequences - tied with the cathedral scene between Ultron, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as my favorite in AoE.

That said, I'd be down for a Hawkeye movie. The aftermath of Infinity War would probably be the ideal slot for it. Lots of covert espionage and stuff as new players like the hidden Mandarin come into play, taking over as the big villain after Thanos's death.

I didn't care for it because I was never into Hawkeye family guy. Also, I just never latched onto the romance scenes with Banner and Romanoff.

Second of all, the pointless inclusion of Nick Fury and his horrible scene with Tony Stark. I hated that scene and I hated their dialogue. Nick Fury came out of hiding for nothing.

He'd run out of arrows.

That's why he can pick up stuff!

kbIKd2e.png

Hawkeye gets a bad rep from some for the farm scene, but that's not "real" Hawkeye. Of course, we're never really going to get "real" Hawkeye now that Whedon had his way with him...

I don't understand why. The farm scene was one of the best he's got yet. Only better ones are a couple scenes in Civil War.

Imo, Hawkeye won't ever be interesting enough for a solo movie. I have a hard time thinking of what they could even do to get audiences excited about such a prospect.

And considering there are more intriguing characters out there who have yet to even be introduced much less have their own film, it'd be a total waste.

The Hawkeye comic is actually a great template for a Burn Notice-esque type show, that would be awesome, and it's not entirely impossible to get 'the real Hawkeye' if they basically have his wife turn on him for feeling abandoned. That was, imho, the point of Tony's line to him in jail, as though some objectionable consequences will now befall his family and the blame will be entirely on him, and he will be painted in a light that he didn't care about them. Which is a pretty rough state of affairs, but it's standard issue social malarkey for TV shows that want to give their settled characters a change of status quo.

Of course, Renner's about 5-10 years from being willing to do a TV show.

Or you could just have his wife and three kids get killed off.

That's been proposed on here before but it just doesn't work. Having his wife and children murdered isn't gonna magically make him livelier and snarkier. Hell it'd probably have the exact opposite effect.

Having his wife leave him would probably be depressing too but far less so and it'd be far easier to have him bounce back from.

It'd also be radically out of character for the people involved. Might as well have her turn into a skrull, it'd make as much thematic sense.

That's what we get for leaning toward Ultimate Hawkeye, who is boring.

As far as I'm concerned Bourne Legend was a Hawkeye film. He just didn't have his bow. A movie like that would work really well in the MCU, honestly. Him on the run from SHIELD and the government after the Civil War. A more civilian side to the whole mess.

Well he will be 46 next week, not 60. And with Mission Impossible he is already with Action movies (he is not Evans, who has to hold a helicopter :drl: )
And I dont Need a trilogy of him, maybe one.

But I would be happy too, to see him like Scarlett in Winter Soldier in a Movie.

Perhaps his Hollywood super status would benefit moreso now compared to doing the movie 2 to 3 years ago when he pretty much could've been appearing in everything? Seems he's re-visiting the idea of a teamup movie with Black Widow in an interview; whether it would happen is anyone's guess...

I personally think they should revisit "Most Wanted" and re-work it into a stand-alone television show starring a new Hawkeye and Mockingbird at some point in the 2020's. For now, they can do their team-up film and perhaps the Hunter-Mockingbird teamup can be done as a short 1-shot or miniseries on Hulu (perhaps same can be done with Agent Carter and Shield as little side-shots from time to time). Suppose there's ways to keep certain characters prominent with what have at moment but still bit tough it seems.

Can a Hawkeye movie serve as a springboard to something major? Does he have an exceptional rogues gallery? could they go on to antagonize the Avengers?

You can make a fun or interesting adaptation out of Hawkeye, and anyone else for that matter. A movie just being potentially fun isn't Marvel's priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"