WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Wii U (previously known as Project Café, Wii 2, Wii HD, Nintendo HD, Nintendo Feel, Nintendo Stream or simply Nintendo) which is the codename for Nintendo's upcoming video game console and successor to the Wii. Eight generation of video game console.
Lets discuss it people!!!

Last edited:
ummmm, too early

let's continueing watching

It's a new console. Batman: Arkham City and Darksiders II announced for the system.

where is the console???? all i saw is the controller??? did i miss it?

Wee You, well i can't blame the title, they're just trying to conect with us

media

Nintendo has released some hardware specifications for its newly-announced Wii U. Its internal components weren't detailed but we do have some other interesting information.

The controller is about 1.8 inches thick, almost 7 inches tall, and just over 10.5 inches wide. The touchscreen measures in at 6.2 inches and has a 16x9 aspect ratio. It has an integrated rechargeable battery, accelerometer, gyroscope, rumble, front-facing camera, a power button, microphone, speakers, and two circle pads (Nintendo's name for the unit's not-quite-analog sticks). It's also equipped with all of the same buttons seen on a Wii Classic Controller: a Home button, d-pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, and L/R buttons, plus ZL/ZR. The controller also comes with a stylus as seen above.
Wii U is fully backwards compatible with all Wii games and accessories, including the Wii Remote, Balance Board, Classic Controller, Nunchuk, etc. It can be connected through HDMI, component, S-video, and composite cables (and possible D-terminal). It can output video from 480i all the way up to 1080p, and it can also do six-channel audio output.
media
The system uses optical discs that are the same physical size as the Wii's 12-centimeter discs. Their storage capacity is currently unknown. It was rumored at one point to be capable of holding up to 25GB on a single disc; that may turn out to be correct, as the other aspect of that rumor -- eschewing hard drives in favor of flash-based internal storage -- has turned out to be correct. You can expand upon the system's included flash memory by using either SD cards or external hard drives connected through USB (there are four USB ports total).

what exactly is so bad about it to you?

Well, the original Wii was underpowered as well, but that didn't stop them from selling nearly 90 million units so far.

Wii will sell even more with price-cuts before Wii U launches,And I bet Wii U will also out sell 360&PS3 with half a year!!

This wont sell like the Wii tho.
I predict it will. I honestly don't expect such a massive hike in graphics next generation just because once you've hit the HD pinnacle there's not much else where to go beyond virtual reality. So XBOX360 and Playstation 3's successor won't be some souped up super powered graphics machine.

Wii will sell even more with price-cuts before Wii U launches,And I bet Wii U will also out sell 360&PS3 with half a year!!
Not gonna happen. Most people bought the Wii and bought two games and after that didn't even buy anything else. Those people won't come back for Wiiu because their is no point for them. It'll sell pretty go but not PS3 or Xbox type numbers.

Console and Controler
Wii_u.jpg

I predict it will. I honestly don't expect such a massive hike in graphics next generation just because once you've hit the HD pinnacle there's not much else where to go beyond virtual reality. So XBOX360 and Playstation 3's successor won't be some souped up super powered graphics machine.

Only limit they could have as in hitting the"HD pinnacle"would be 1080P resolution,But the graphics as in lighting/images/character models&animation could be pretty near limitless with enough resources!!

Perhaps not a massive jump,But most games could end up looking like even more big-budget CGI movie effects type of graphics!!

The reason the Wii was so successful was because they duped a lot of moms into thinking it was next generation hardware at a CHEAP price point.That is why it really kicked the PS3 and 360's butt. A lot of parents see "new" and "cheap" and that's is what they're going to go for. This time they won't have price on their side. We'll see how it works out, but they are putting themselves in a position to be blown away by the next Xbox and PS hardware.

Let´s make a bet..

How long for the PSVita to become a controller for the PS3?

Only limit they could have as in hitting the"HD pinnacle"would be 1080P resolution,But the graphics as in lighting/images/character models&animation could be pretty near limitless with enough resources!!

Perhaps not a massive jump,But most games could end up looking like even more big-budget CGI movie effects type of graphics!!

See, what Sessler touched on something last night before the Sony show. He said that Sony (the company) won't be investing AS much in the PS4 as they did the PS3 because they lost a LOT of money on it.

So... in regards to next gen graphics... I really wonder what we'll see and how soon we'll see it. I think we'll get full 1080p but then we may hit the proverbial brick wall... graphics wise.

Then the big three will have to entice us with other things besides eye candy.

...That's it? This is Nintendo's next big idea? An HD system with a giant DS controller?

Y'know, I've owned every Nintendo system since the NES and Wii looked innovative with its motion controls. But after the first two years the innovative games dried up and I ended up playing one first party game a year (usually with Mario in the title).

....Eh. It will probably sell like hotcakes because it has more powerful graphics and can run the games on PS3/360 finally and has an iPad as a controller. That should sell well to the "casual" gamers (I'm casual in that I buy about 3-4 games a year, but that doesn't mean that I want unambitious schlock). I'll probably pick this up when HD Zelda hits in 3-5 years. Until then, I'll stick with PS3 where I can get almost all the same games. And this is coming from a Nintendo fan who never thought he'd turn away from a Nintendo system just three years ago.

If only Microsoft hadn't scored Minecraft. Something like Minecraft could really use the potential of this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"