• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Will There Ever Be A Solo Superman Film After Justice League?

There will be at least two more movies featuring Superman. He's the only DC character so far, who had a solo film. Come on... Don't be so greedy.

You know...this is a good point. It's not like any of the other characters are getting more than one solo movie so far. Now, if in DC's phase two everyone gets a solo movie but Supes, then we can get very worried.

You know...this is a good point. It's not like any of the other characters are getting more than one solo movie so far. Now, if in DC's phase two everyone gets a solo movie but Supes, then we can get very worried.

Well, it doesn't help that
Clark Kent the Daily Planet reporter is dead now
. Maybe they'll decide to do some team-up movie instead - Green Lantern/Superman or Cyborg/Superman.

It's not that hard to bring Clark back. Actually, it's pretty easy.

If they were to do a Teen Titans film, I could see Superman having some reason to show in that since he did have some involvement in the early formation days of the Titans in the comics.

I personally think just having a Cyborg movie would be great.

If they were to do a Teen Titans film, I could see Superman having some reason to show in that since he did have some involvement in the early formation days of the Titans in the comics.
He can show up in Cyborg film, if he's resurrected by that point.

It's too bad that one of the two new dceu films that was just added to Warner Bros slate isn't Superman's film. Pretty sure that it's Batman's solo film and possibly Shazam or suicide squad 2.

It's too bad that one of the two new dceu films that was just added to Warner Bros slate isn't Superman's film. Pretty sure that it's Batman's solo film and possibly Shazam or suicide squad 2.

Shazam already has a release date of April 2019, so that November 2019 slot is most likely for either Superman sequel of SS2. It could even be Batman, and the 2018 slot would be for SS2, since Ayer and Smith plan to shoot the sequel in 2017, which would mean a 2018 release is likely, since I don't see them sitting on a a full year before release in 2019.

We shouldn't rule out SM solo film in 2019. It's still possible. But since there were some talks about SS2 already, it's more likely.

I woant mah Superman sequel dagnabbit!!

Snyder is a ****ing tease though putting that Action Comics #1 easter egg in the background while Wallace Keefe got his Timothy McVeigh on.

I wish there was a scene or arc associated with Supes carrying that car.

There is a particular problem with Superman's solo after the Justice League though... considering that Superman's antagonists usually endanger the entire planet, there should be a damn good explanation on why the League didn't show up.

We shouldn't rule out SM solo film in 2019. It's still possible. But since there were some talks about SS2 already, it's more likely.

When WB announced their slate they said there were batman and Superman films planned during that timeline as well. They just hadn't been given dates. Now we have two DCEU films announced. I'd say the 2019 film is probably MoS2.

There is a particular problem with Superman's solo after the Justice League though... considering that Superman's antagonists usually endanger the entire planet, there should be a damn good explanation on why the League didn't show up.

Intergang's Bruno Mannheim with a mid tier meta-human like Parasite or Metallo could do the job for a Metropolis based story.

Dislike both those villains. I'd say any villain capable of going toe to toe with Superman and has the ability of flight would be difficult for other league members to handle.
If Mxyzptlk is involved he could keep others from interfering. Superman could find himself off world as well. Maybe stranded on Apokolips.

I woant mah Superman sequel dagnabbit!!

Snyder is a ****ing tease though putting that Action Comics #1 easter egg in the background while Wallace Keefe got his Timothy McVeigh on.

I wish there was a scene or arc associated with Supes carrying that car.

We already had one in SR, altough Snyder's would've been cooler.

By the love of Rao, make that date on October 5th of 2018 be the Superman Second Solo!

I doubt it's going to happen but if that Nov 1, 2019 movie is a Superman solo, I'll let Snyder direct any movie he wants for the rest of his life.

I think 2019 is SS2 but if SS2 doesn't "blow up" as planned then I can see MOS2 there

That moment when the 2018 film is the Superman solo.

Twist.

When WB announced their slate they said there were batman and Superman films planned during that timeline as well. They just hadn't been given dates. Now we have two DCEU films announced. I'd say the 2019 film is probably MoS2.
Agree. Batman and one of three - Lobo, SS2 or SM2.

Easy fix, set most of the movie inside Brainiac's ship. It could be an Alien type story where a trapped and weakened Superman has to defeat Brainiac, who is used in the movie like a xenomorph would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"