Would anyone here ever run for office?

Hype Politics have disillusioned me on the process.

I'm an "also-ran" now. ;)

I would consider it if I weren't so nervous in confronting crowds of people.

I'd like to eventually be a state representative. That'd be great.

Yes. I am actually planning on it down the line. There are even some things I do now that are for the purpose of helping me get elected in 20 years.

No, never, unless somone wants to pay for it, and they better be prepared to allow me to get nasty.

Yes, I know I'd win too but right now Im too damn busy

Given your interest in politics, would that translate into running for something down the line?

Me, its something that I've thought about doing one day. But I'm still trying to look for a career that would put me in a situation to do that.

When I was a little kid I wanted to be the president. But now, it seems like long and very hard work.

I almost ran for Mayor in 2006.
I drove up to the office and I was about to file and I chickened out at the last second.

Right, a black woman in office......wait... a..... minute. Hmm.

Hell no.

My interest in politics is strictly from the sidelines. I have no interest in getting involved. I'm just a citizen. Just a voter.

After a lot of discussion, I am investigating the possibility of running for a seat in the County School Board.

I spent 8 years in the Bay County School Board. I witnessed as the quality of education collapsed over that term. I witnessed a School Board and Superintedent that fought on trivial matters, agreed on horrendous ideas and were ripe with stupidity and incompetence. I am tired of it.

This school board has shown to completely dismiss the side of the student. It displayed complete dismissal of Student Rights by implimenting a dress code in an area with no major disciplan problems. It allowed the dismissal of an extremely successful Principal simply because the Superintedent did not agree with him...socially (the two ran against each other in an election for that spot). I have stood by and seen fantastic teachers dismissed while sports coaches were kept inspite of their classes being little more than time wasters.

I have butted heads with the School Board many times, and it is time for me to take this battle to the people. While I know that with me being an 18 year old college student living 6 hours away - I have almost no chance of winning (though I am considering taking classes in Panama City come next semester), it will give me a platform to display the incompetence and corruption I have witnessed.

If nothing else, it will be a hell of a ride.

The current phaise is gathering Petition signatures, or possibly paying a fee. I will keep this updated.

Hmm, I am intrigued by this Norman. I love the idea of a young person getting directly involved with an issue that affects them. I say you go for it. Democracy is all about representation yet it is clear that students do not have any on this school board. You can change that :up:

Stormin...regardless what political view you have. (and I dont know, and dont care)
You obviously care, and that to me is so damn admirable.

You have my vote.
Go make a difference!

One thing, Norman, I had no idea you were so young. Your Maturity will take you far.

Two, Go for it, your post is exactly what our founding Fathers intented for this country, for the Populace to take control of their Government. Good luck to you.

I greatly appreciate the very kind words made by everyone in this thread. Thank you for your support.

This is extremely admirable and good to see, Norman. I hope your activism is rewarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"