Would anyone here ever run for office?

Do it so I can break the sex scandal on you wide open to the media! *puts Chris Matthews on speed dial*

Seriously, very admirable and I hope you are successful in your quest to make a difference. :up:

jag

I suggest you setup a podcast like DogLips does...that will get you ALOT of attention
:)

Doesn't hurt to try. Should be an interesting experience regardless of the outcome. :up:

I would run to myself...but in a city like Houston, I would need at least a million to run for anything

After a lot of discussion, I am investigating the possibility of running for a seat in the County School Board.

I spent 8 years in the Bay County School Board. I witnessed as the quality of education collapsed over that term. I witnessed a School Board and Superintedent that fought on trivial matters, agreed on horrendous ideas and were ripe with stupidity and incompetence. I am tired of it.

This school board has shown to completely dismiss the side of the student. It displayed complete dismissal of Student Rights by implimenting a dress code in an area with no major disciplan problems. It allowed the dismissal of an extremely successful Principal simply because the Superintedent did not agree with him...socially (the two ran against each other in an election for that spot). I have stood by and seen fantastic teachers dismissed while sports coaches were kept inspite of their classes being little more than time wasters.

I have butted heads with the School Board many times, and it is time for me to take this battle to the people. While I know that with me being an 18 year old college student living 6 hours away - I have almost no chance of winning (though I am considering taking classes in Panama City come next semester), it will give me a platform to display the incompetence and corruption I have witnessed.

If nothing else, it will be a hell of a ride.

The current phaise is gathering Petition signatures, or possibly paying a fee. I will keep this updated.

Good for you SN.........

If you would like the view of a teacher.........you can ask my any questions you want.......I'll be candid, and extremely honest....lol:cwink:

I would run to myself...but in a city like Houston, I would need at least a million to run for anything

Yeah, once I retire, I plan on moving to the city where I teach and running for the school board.......by the time I retire, I would have taught in this district for over 30 years......so it won't cost me too much to run.

My thought process was to teach a few years, work for Region IV for a few years, and then move up into the TEA, and then run for a state office.......but I fell in love with the classroom, and that kind of screwed that thought process....lol

After a lot of discussion, I am investigating the possibility of running for a seat in the County School Board.

I spent 8 years in the Bay County School Board. I witnessed as the quality of education collapsed over that term. I witnessed a School Board and Superintedent that fought on trivial matters, agreed on horrendous ideas and were ripe with stupidity and incompetence. I am tired of it.

This school board has shown to completely dismiss the side of the student. It displayed complete dismissal of Student Rights by implimenting a dress code in an area with no major disciplan problems. It allowed the dismissal of an extremely successful Principal simply because the Superintedent did not agree with him...socially (the two ran against each other in an election for that spot). I have stood by and seen fantastic teachers dismissed while sports coaches were kept inspite of their classes being little more than time wasters.

I have butted heads with the School Board many times, and it is time for me to take this battle to the people. While I know that with me being an 18 year old college student living 6 hours away - I have almost no chance of winning (though I am considering taking classes in Panama City come next semester), it will give me a platform to display the incompetence and corruption I have witnessed.

The current phaise is gathering Petition signatures, or possibly paying a fee. I will keep this updated.

GL some advice, when you think the whole world is agaisnt you thats when YOU DON'T GIVE UP. Also if you have a major choice its always the hard one that is the right one.

GL some advice, when you think the whole world is agaisnt you thats when YOU DON'T GIVE UP. Also if you have a major choice its always the hard one that is the right one.

Is this that 1% of your posts.......???

Stormin...regardless what political view you have. (and I dont know, and dont care)
You obviously care, and that to me is so damn admirable.

You have my vote.
Go make a difference!

Everything I was going to say. I was thinking of running for Mayor when I get my life in order but that may be awhile. When I was in school the board was pretty much the same way, they tried to get uniforms put in but all the parents complained and the students were going to walk out so they never did it. Again, good luck.

What are your qualifications?....Just kidding. Go for it, man.

Great idea there, Norman. :up: Even if this particular situation doesn't work out for you (based on your distance from town, and your age, which I personally do not view as a negative), you will have your opportunities to make a difference. You are obviously passionate about your beliefs and about making a difference, so I believe you will be successful at any political endeavors you may choose. People yearn for honesty, integrity and conviction in their elected officials, and you possess these qualities. Good luck, homey.

Go for it Norm! As long as you think you can handle the tough decisions that is.

Pop quiz hotshot. Your school board is going to invite a guest speaker. You have to decide between having Paul Bettany, Willem Dafoe, or Craig T. Nelson come to the school and speak. Who do you choose? WHO DO YOU CHOOSE?

I believe in StorminNorman.

Go for it Norm! As long as you think you can handle the tough decisions that is.

Pop quiz hotshot. Your school board is going to invite a guest speaker. You have to decide between having Paul Bettany, Willem Dafoe, or Craig T. Nelson come to the school and speak. Who do you choose? WHO DO YOU CHOOSE?

I am going to fail at this job :(

It is commendable that you show a willingness to seek public office and make some changes with the world, and I wish you the best.

I am going to fail at this job :(

No, question to ask...

1). What is the subject area....
2). Does it follow the guidelines and vision for our district...
3). Have we invited a person to speak to the contrary...

Best of Luck Norm. PM me and maybe we can talk strategy as I have been involved with about a dozen elections including my own current run.

Its a tough thing to put yourself out in the public life...good for you for taking up the mantle.

I am ready for the massive smear campaign against your target...just get me a name, and I will get your there DNA and everything else

Good luck Norm. It is a very admirable thing what you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"