• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Not much else I can add except I wish we were getting Season 2 a lot sooner but hopefully it ends up being worth the wait because this is already a 10/10 show and they definitely have their work cut out for them.

It's easily the best thing Marvel has put out since Netflix's Daredevil IMO.

I don't know about the best but this is the most interesting Marvel show, Disney has released on Disney+.

If only it was live action or 3d animated.

A fittingly epic finale to the season, the animation was off the charts at times with the fights in the final episode. Was also a nice surprise at the longer length time as well and they crammed in lots, the cameos and hints for the future were a delight to see. A fantastic first season but the things promised in season 2 are just mouth watering, its going to be a long long wait and this show will be greatly missed in its absence, it really has been a wonderful surprise from start to finish. :xmen:

Last edited:
Well it's over. As a Wolverine and Gambit fan this was a tough season to watch. I'm glad a new showrunner is taking over next season, don't know what possessed this guy to completely sideline the #1 fan favourite character and kill off the #2 fan favourite character.

Hopefully things get back to focusing on the characters that made the original series great, enough spotlight has been given to also-rans of the team.

IMG_0414.gif

Those Wolverine eating the screentime days are OVER.

The Wolverine is having a movie this year. So it was only fair he got that amount of screentime, to balance it out. :xmen:

It did feel like Wolverine's role was virtually pointless these last two episodes. We didn't even see what happened to him and Morph.

I didn't care for giving Magneto another face turn at the end. Make up your minds already. Felt like a copout after everything that happened.

I will say, Morph’s one liners really made the show for me. Even when the stakes are high and emotions are all over the place, they come in with little quips and if you can’t laugh in the face of death, what’s the point.

I forget, what happened to Cable?

Did Cable just frell off back to his home time again?

I will say, Morph’s one liners really made the show for me. Even when the stakes are high and emotions are all over the place, they come in with little quips and if you can’t laugh in the face of death, what’s the point.

I really love them. The one liners, all the incredible cameos, and the attraction/flirtation towards Wolverine made Morph a very memorable character to me.

Can't believe the show is over. For now, that is. Many of us have said it, but it's still just supremely fascinating that a show that was expected to be a fun nostalgia revival but not much else, ended up being the greatest adaptation of X-Men ever made. It's colorful, emotionally engaging and genuinely moving, whipsmart with its themes and character arcs, full of exhilarating and visually striking action, and it's entertaining as hell. And to boot, the team behind the show is obviously just as in love with the X-Men as we are. There's a level of respect for the history of the brand in all of its formats, but most importantly, the comics. On top of that, it isn't just a love letter to what came before, but it's genuinely attempting to create something fresh and exciting. And it succeeded! It's rare, so rare, to have something like this working at the highest level in every single category.

What a time to be alive, I feel like this show has been a pulse of energy every single week. Remember It in particular. That ended up being the most difficult week so far this year for me personally, and having THAT episode in the midst of it was crazy but oddly inspiring. Can't wait to rewatch the show, many times.

Next Wednesday, we'll get the making of documentary on Disney Plus. I'll be tuning in for sure :swoon:

Okay I just checked the action figures for this and its pretty cool. Only Jubilee and Beast are missing. They should be included in Wave 3, along with Morph, Cable, Sunspot, the Professor and maybe Forge too.

And this is another reason why I want to see the other X-Men like Colossus, Iceman, Psylocke, Angel, Emma, Shadowcat be part of the regular roster. Because I would totally buy those X-Men '97 action figures except for Magneto, Goblin Queen and X-cutioner. :xmen:

Not much else I can add except I wish we were getting Season 2 a lot sooner but hopefully it ends up being worth the wait because this is already a 10/10 show and they definitely have their work cut out for them.

It's easily the best thing Marvel has put out since Netflix's Daredevil IMO.
I think season 2 is still very far. Marvel could have released a sneak peak for season2, like they did with What If? season 3. I don't think they presented this in the Disney Upfront yesterday. What If season 3, the Spider-Man cartoon and Marvel Zombies should come out first and we don't even have a time frame for those 3, if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't be surprised if the second season comes out in early 2026. Also in the long run, I would be surprised if we get a season 4. Star Wars the Bad Batch (which had beautiful animation) ended with 3 seasons.

Fatal Attraction, and Lifedeath, and E for Extinction were all far far better in the comics imo
Whereas I thought the Phoenix Saga back in the day was almost, nearly on par with the comics
I understand they could've done more with some storylines. But what I love that they're faithfully adapting some stories while still twisting and making things different enough to surprise the fans.

The Dark Phoenix adaptation was super faithful, and I don't think that would keep us on the edge of our sits now.

Last edited:
You Wolverine fans are insufferable y’all already have three X-men movies with him in the lead, three solo films, X2 the game, Wolverine Origins the game, and soon insomniacs game, then animated shows like the Wolverine anime and Wolverine and the X-men oh and the Deadpool and Wolverine movie coming in the next couple of months. How much more do you need?! I feel for the Gambit fans but the Wolverine fans? Not at all.

Also Beau was still the showrunner for season 2 lol and I hope he continued to make sure it didn’t turn into the Wolverine show.
So called X-Men fans that think essential characters should be shelved are also insufferable. What Fox chose to do with their films 20 + years ago should have no impact on a direct follow up to the classic 90's animated series.

I thought the series was a 10/10 until the finale.

If you get your wish season 2 will have a smaller audience.

We don't know but I'm assuming he's probably still in the present. Maybe because the X-Men is MIA and he'll decide to form X-Force.

He should've been working with Forge in his lab or something.

I wouldn't call it a 10/10 finale, but it was very good. It was still jarring to see Omega Red acting heroic. In the comics, he's literally a child murderer.

Plus, the last time we saw Omega Red, he was in the wreckage of a sub at the bottom of the ocean. Would've been nice to see him getting out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"