X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Before this show premiere, DeMayo said Scott and Storm would be the leads. That doesn't make sense when Ororo was present in only half a season. So I'm predicting Scott and maybe Jean might leave by the end of this season and Storm will take the leadership role for the new team next year.

Then maybe Scott will have a secondary/separate storyline like Ororo this season.

Maybe Scott and Jean will raise Nathan in the future, or have a space adveture, or hell, maybe leave with Beast and found X-Factor with Bobby and Warren?

It really trended at #1 again. That warms my heart.

BTW, When Morph said…

Another dystopia where Logan is the last to die, THAT TOOK ME OUT. LMAO.
I predict fans going even crazier asking for Spider-Man '98 now. Sadly with Freshman year on the rise it seems unlikely, but let's hope.

I’m still willing it into existence my friend.

Eh I just can't get down with that idea
The coolest aspect of Onslaught imo was that it was the result of Xavier absolutely unleashing on Magneto, which corrupted him... I'd rather have Fatal Attractions and all that led up to it
Another lab grown creation of Sinister is boring

I still think it’ll be a hodgepodge of both of those ideas. But we’ll see.

It’s still beyond bizarre seeing Roberto’s mom basically be like my own.
Takes the news as if she’s happy, then insists on keeping it a secret due to “keeping up our image” sake.

Acts like she is one of the good liberals who accept lgbtq people, while also denouncing at the same time and insisting her queer son keeps things on the down low.
The dissonance on display in these scenes just really reflects everything. Both of these conversations I’ve basically had in some form from this episode and last. It’s surreal.

“I accept you and like your boyfriend. You’re happy together! But, do you really need to get married? Think of what our whole family and the neighbors will think. If you really have to can’t you just run away to Vegas to do it rather than making it into some big thing?”

Yeah, there’s parents who straddle both sides like Roberto’s while still viewing themselves as allies. Whoever is writing these scenes is nailing these.

Adding:

Phenomenal episode.

I really hope the films keep this up. Show how wide ranging bigotry is as to put a mirror up to it, commentate on Trumpism, and have moments like that amazing speech at the end. The live action department has a lot to live up to.

Last edited:
I predict fans going even crazier asking for Spider-Man '98 now. Sadly with Freshman year on the rise it seems unlikely, but let's hope.
For what it's worth, a lot of the crew for reportdly got laid off in late 2022 after they completed work on season 1. So despite them previously announcing a season 2, I think this show is gonna be a one and done. And there's already rumbling of another untitled animated show in the works. So this could very well lead to another Spidey show on the horizon.

Anyway, this continues to be amazing. Probably the best Marvel show in years.

Also as a Critical Role fan, I could help but laugh at the "No my friend, nine." line. I know it's not a reference but everytime time I hear a German character say either nine or nein, I can't help but think of that show now. It also a pretty cool line on it's own.

Another great episode and thank god I've been able to stay off of social media before watching these episodes because I already know a lot of these great cameos would have been spoiled for me.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like every episode from now on is going to be filled with some cool surprises the closer we get to that finale which could end up being something really special IMO.

Either way I'm not ready for this show end.

What an episode, probably my favourite of the season so far and we still have two more to go. Wanted to stand up and applaud the Wolverine and Nightcrawler fight, as good as the opening to X-Men 2, simply stunning to behold.

So many exciting cameos and appearances in this as well that just have you pumped not just for the next two weeks but for coming seasons and potentially other projects, just wow, they used the Marvel licence to the max here.

This is easily my favourite thing Disney+ has put out for anything Marvel ever and its not even close.

Excellent episode. Loved seeing a bit more Wolverine, as refreshing as it is for him to be out of the leading spot and instead as part of the ensemble. This show is doing cameos better than just about anything in the MCU, and it's wonderful how none of it was spoiled. 97 makes me feel like we're living the golden age of superhero adaptations again, which is incredible since the general expectation for this show was that it would be a nice distraction and a slice of nostalgia, not the damn main course. Top marks, once again.

Why is this show is so good? 😩

One of the things that has made this show the best X-Men adaptation is how well it does the family and team dynamic of these characters, and this latest episode gave me so much in that regard. Cyclops, Jean, and Cable are working along side each other, meanwhile Wolverine and Nightcrawler are teaming up, and Jubilee and Sunspot are doing their best to hold their own together

Seeing all of these characters together like this highlights how out of place Changeling Morph is on the team. We have all these classic characters and then there's Morph. Morph. :dry: They're taking up a spot that should rightly go to a character more integral to the X-Men mythos (Iceman, Colossus, Archangel, Psylocke).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rewatching the 90s series, Magneto was at the forefront of advisories the team would face Followed by Apocalypse & Mr. Sinister. I hope we continue exploring lesser known villains like Bastion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"